Nintendo Switch

1 2 Switch GOTY 2017

• Yes

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters
Re: Nintendo NX

I'd so want a new Metroid game. A proper one.

Oh wow, because 'a lot of people' surely is a viable source, isn't it? I'd rather wait until there's some kind of official announcement, so I don't get my hopes up for nothing.

Pi said:
Oh wow, because 'a lot of people' surely is a viable source, isn't it? I'd rather wait until there's any kind of official announcement, so I don't get my hopes up for nothing.
True, but a lot of people have been clamoring it for a long time, and it would be a great way to show off the NX's power. Add on the facts that the Prime series has reemerged with Federation Force (love it or not) and the fair possibility of the NX having some form of VR, and Metroid Prime 4 on the NX becomes a distinct. Regardless, I'll be happy with ANY good Metroid game from Nintendo.

I also wonder if a Diddy Kong Racing 2 could happen. There have been rumors for a good while, and while I'm sure most, if not all, if them are fake, it's always possible. Maybe Nintendo could even promote other new games like Rare did back in the day with Banjo and Conker.

Reggie said he doesn't like VR

then again that probably means nothing. I'd personally love to see some kind of VR after I saw what the Oculus Rift could do.

Lumastar said:
I also wonder if a Diddy Kong Racing 2 could happen. There have been rumors for a good while, and while I'm sure most, if not all, if them are fake, it's always possible. Maybe Nintendo could even promote other new games like Rare did back in the day with Banjo and Conker.

Doesn't Rare own the rights to that?

And even if they don't, would Nintendo really want to produce and promote a game that would compete with their own MK8?

Eri Ayase said:
Reggie said he doesn't like VR

then again that probably means nothing. I'd personally love to see some kind of VR after I saw what the Oculus Rift could do.
I read an article that goes over how they might try to make a social VR platform that strays from what the competition is doing now. They could also focus on AR like the HoloLens.

Peter Sam said:
Lumastar said:

And even if they don't, would Nintendo really want to produce and promote a game that would compete with their own MK8?
Nintendo made a new Donkey Kong Country without Rare. I'm sure they could do another Diddy Kong Racing. I could also see it being a very different experience from Mario Kart.

Peter Sam said:
Lumastar said:

Diddy Kong Racing DS

Yeah, the only thing Rare owns of Diddy Kong Racing is Banjo, the rest of the characters are Nintendo's to use whenever they want to.

GalacticPetey said:
Peter Sam said:
Lumastar said:

Diddy Kong Racing DS

i feel silly now

Lumastar said:
Zelda Wii U is "getting reworked" and might be a cross-system release like Twilight Princess if the NX releases in 2016.

Well, if they are announcing the NX next E3, then they are most likely going to release it near sooner than Holiday 2017, which would make sense, as that'll be 5 years, and most Nintendo Consoles are 5-6 years long. So if they were to extend Zelda U, I doubt they would wait that long. Besides; it's the 30th anniversary of Zelda, and I doubt they'll delay the game past 2016. I mean, the most they ever delayed a Zelda game was a year with TP and SS, and they announced the delay for Zelda U early this year so I'm sure that we'll see Zelda U on the Wii U in November 2016.

Though, going with speculation, I would not be surprised if they try to get Pikmin 4 as a launch title for the Nintendo NX (as long as they stay true to that and not release it almost a year later like they did with Pikmin 3). I also wouldn't be surprised for them to be holding back and having a 3D Mario Platformer like 64, Sunshine, or Galaxy for the NX at the start.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/08/22/nintendo-disc-free-console-patent/

Would you like to see a Disc-free NX? Discuss.

Maybe a mix, but I'm concerned about storage space.

Cartridges please. Discs are really fragile and get scratched easier. But I would like them to be bigger than the 3DS cartridges.

discs are the most powerful way of keeping software, so i would be opposed to disc less

before someone responds with "its not all about power", remember that less space available means that how big a game can be will be limited

If the magic of zero loading screens from the N64 days can be replicated without loss of what is currently accepted software size, then I'd be all in for it.

For those who bring up the appeal of disk space, I'm not sure if disk space is a real concern nowadays because compression is often to the point where there is still plenty of space left in the disk after the game's release. In fact, in the Wii, .thp files (video files) and effects take up the most space.

well that's at least a possible one.

But the fact that he has more or less detailed information about the next nintendo direct as well basically cries for being fake

Re: Nintendo NX (tentative title)

Magikrazy said:
This console's gimmick will be using musical instruments to control games, harking back to the DK Bongos from the GameCube era.

That "sounds" great to me!

However, this is how the new console will work:

-The NX is an auto-programmable console.
-The new console will work with tokens/coins.
-You will buy tokens with your credit card.
-The user dictates what kind of game he wants and the rules of the game. (At first it will be rudimentary but with time it will become more complex.) The console analyses the user's input and programs the game itself using an ever increasing internal asset database linked to Nintendo through a server (the art and asset database is constantly updated and players can look for new models, music, etc..).
-The console will ask for an amount of tokens based on the complexity of the game the user wants. It will only start programming once the tokens are spent.
-A typical game will have a delivery time of anywhere from 3 days to 3 years.
-There might be bugs in the game...but you can report them and have them addressed for an amount of tokens.
-There will be different areas when building the game: visuals, music, gameplay, level design, etc.. Depending on how much tokens you spend on an area, some parts of your game will come out better. Spending more tokens on these areas mean that nintendo employees will oversee what the machine is doing and you will get a better game in the end.
-If your game comes out nicely then you can share it to your friends (they will have to pay an amount of tokens to own it, but less than the original cost the first user payed).
-Each time your friend will buy your creation you will receive some tokens.
-You can also ShareBuild a game with your friends by combining your tokens to create an even better game. For example, if enough people put their tokens together the console can program such a game as Mario Galaxy 3.
-The gamesharing will use a friendcode system. When "sharebuilding" the game, your consoles will work together in the programming and compiling process making it faster.
-There will be no actual games being released for the console by Nintendo as the company has decided to shift its focus on the mobile market. With the NX, the focus is on the users and their creativity. What games will they create?
-The console will please everyone because you could make any kind of game with any nintendo character.
- Anything is possible : Mario : A link to the past, Kirby Karting 88, Kitty Kong Country, Dr. Samus, Super Luigi RPG, Bowser's outside story, etc...

Nintendo NX! Start creating and earn your tokens !

That would be kind of sad...but I think is where we are heading in 100 years, or so was told by a guy named John Titor. ;)

Back