Things that scare you or that you're afraid of.

Which one scares you the most?

• The PlayStation 2 Red Screen of Death

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Resident Evil 1 for the PlayStation 1, Sega Saturn and PC

• Needles

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Super Mario Galaxy 1

• Any survival horror game.

• The Castlevania II: Simon's Quest issue of Nintendo Power.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Death

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Horror movies.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Sci-Fi movies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bullies

• Bees

• Insects

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Car Accidents

• Dumb Ways to Die

• Heights

• Snakes

• Being permabanned or tempbanned.

• The Windows Blue Screen of Death.

• Total voters
Dinomic Duo said:
I sorta made it look like it has no pupils
YOU WHAT
you sERiouSLY JUST
NO WONDER WHY I WAS INITIALLY MORE SCARED OF A LOW-RES CLOWN THAN USUALLY ((yay for failed grammar)) I NOTICED THE MISSING PUPILS

okay deep breath star
... okay I'm calm

but seriously never do that again

xqƃpuɐxǝu said:
Dinomic Duo said:
Dinomic Duo said:
Zae Eildus said:
...no...

I want to see who is afraid of the clown.

pretty sure thats your goal, jerk.
Idk what you mean
he means that you're a meanie who wants to make me scared ;-;
I didn't intend that at all.
*ahem*
Dinomic Duo said:
Stargazing said:
I'm very very afraid of clowns.
Ehehehehehehehe...

Let us know if this scares you...
You did it on purpose.
Which shows that you were trying to push her buttons?

I'm not trying to offend anyone but I find it a bit unusual to find people getting legitimately scared over images of things they are scared of? For example, images of tornadoes don't scare me in the slightest, my fears are perpetrated from nightmares which seem VERY REAL to me. Same with movies, kinda.

Perhaps I need an explanation of some sort?

Baby Luigi said:
I'm not trying to offend anyone but I find it a bit unusual to find people getting legitimately scared over images of things they are scared of? For example, images of tornadoes don't scare me in the slightest, my fears are perpetrated from nightmares which seem VERY REAL to me. Same with movies, kinda.
many people have different ways of seeing their fear

for me, ANYTHING with clowns in it creep me out ((pictures, irl, video, etc)), and I'm only scared of heights and needles when I'm experiencing them irl

I kinda think clowns being scary is ironically funny but eh, there's a reason we call them "irrational" fears lol. I'll respect that.

And what about a fear of something like the PS2's Red Screen of Death.

Baby Luigi said:
I kinda think clowns being scary is ironically funny but eh, there's a reason we call them "irrational" fears lol. I'll respect that.
I guess that's how most people look at it, but I think this huge fear started from a personal experience when I was 5.

I would have a big line long list... But then my parents made me watch The Shining. Let's just say 99.8% of that list was removed. So yes I'm not scared of that much. I used to think my biggest fear was death. But it's not. My biggest fear is being separated from those I care about permanently

Right Now:

I am not really afraid of death, but what scares/worries me the most is the idea of going to the wrong part of afterlife.

Bony Legs/ What scared Suellen(Arthur):
Baba Yaga is the definition of nightmare. There was a book I saw when I was a child and it was creepy, I don't dare too look at it's images. When I came back to the school, I saw it again and it still scared me. I also saw a Arthur episode with the same character and I never overcame my fear. Traumatized indeed.

demons: either fictional or real, either way it's creepy. It's linked with my fear of permanent separation of God.

Not Anymore:

Aging and death: self explainatory, but I accepted my mortality and my life-span.

Long/weird noses:
For some reason Ernie from Sesame Street freaked me out with his nose, I don't know why anyone besides him gave me that effect. I also got freaked out by witches because of those long noses.

Humpty Dumpty: He is too bizarre looking in most incarnations, I was afraid to eat eggs because of him. I got over it when I realized it was silly to fear a fragile fool who decided to climb on a wall.

holes: It's Trypophobia, don't search it. I got over it when I played with a sponge and ate a pancake, and I realized holes are not contagious.

Miss Finster from Recess: I thought she was scary when angry and reminded me of witches. Today, I find her funny and I was disappointed that she was becoming nice, meaning not enough conflict on the cartoons.

I would like to thank Megamario15 for always reminding me why I keep him on my ignore list.

Anyway, I'm afraid of bees and other insects that look like bees.

I'm scared of many things.

-being banned, particularly from this forum (mainly because the two times it happened my life became 100% more boring)

-open heights. If I'm sealed in a room then I'm fine (so planes and living in a high-rise apartment aren't a big deal) but put me on a cliff or something and I get paranoid.

-fire in some cases. Mainly I'm afraid of accidentally causing the fire to spread, such as during a candle-light service at my grandparents' church last year when I had to hold a lit candle for the duration of several songs, I was pretty scared.

-dislikes on my YouTube videos. I understand voicing an opinion but seeing too many dislikes makes me question the quality of my content, whether I should be making videos and whether my opinions are simply wrong.

-cops, in a few cases. For one, I read a lot of news stories of cops getting off easy for breaking several laws and murdering people. And there's my personal experiences with them, one of which I and a friend were told to get on the ground just because we were next to a house that they assumed we meant to break into. And later, my mom called the cops on me because she thought I was "abusing" her. So when the cop told me to apologize, I did as told however the expression on my face wasn't friendly. Because of this like five cops jumped on top of me and jerked my hands into handcuffs.

-hurting people I love. When someone hinders my agenda I get pissed sometimes, but I only snap when someone purposely provokes me. I do not want to hurt anyone close to me, and I feel awful whenever I do. The worst case is when I realized I had neglected my (then) girlfriend, which resulted in, well, me having to add the "(then)" there.

-hospitals. If I'm actually sick and require that level of assistance, it's fine. But there was one time they threw me in one because I was apparently "suicidal." Despite me not having any physical problems, I was kept in a room with a special doorknob made to prevent things being tied to it, was allowed no electronics, and had to eat...ugh...hospital food... for a whole week. I called my mother on their wall phone several times and begged her to get me out of there, but she acted like doing so would be illegal or something.

-horror shows/movies/games. I tend to like media that I would enjoy being a character in. I would absolutely be terrified of being in most horror shows/etc. From what I've seen they usually end with either everyone dying or some other unfortunate ending. I can't stand the thought.

-bugs. Any insect, spider or similar creature, including the likes of butterflies, scare the crap out of me. If something lands on me I literally dance around the room screaming until it leaves. My dad used to refer to me as a "wuss" due to this.

-people acting like I'm ignorant or calling me out for having an opinion. It makes me feel insecure and again I understand if your opinion differs but I hate it when people act like my opinions are factually wrong.

-telling others certain things about myself. Which I obviously won't be saying any more on the matter.

-death. Mainly because whether God is real or not, I feel like death will be the end of all my happiness. I don't feel like I've accepted Jesus enough to go to heaven, so I can't help but think that when I die I'll either go to hell, or cease to exist which doesn't sound pleasant at all. The only positive possibility is that ghosts may exist, in which case I'd have a lot of fun as a ghost.

-the thought of Mario being cancelled, or sold to Microsoft or Sony.

**Below are things that don't bother me now, but used to when I was very young**

-being hit, also any type of pain

-monsters

-skeletons (used to find them the scariest "spooky" thing until I discovered zombies)

-one of my neighbors (now I feel bad for disliking him because he's dead)

-breaking a toy

-The Brave Little Toaster. I loved it of course, but when I first watched it there were several parts that scared me as a young child. Mainly the clown nightmare, the sinking mud scene, and the cars being crushed in the junkyard.

-Boos in the Mario series. Mainly the one guarding the door to the courtyard in SM64. I would always get scared when he disappeared, thinking he would come out of nowhere at a random time and attack me. On a related note, the music in Big Boo's Haunt.

-Thwomps. I had a bad nightmare that I still remember to this day that involved being crushed by one, quite painfully.

-levels that took place in the sky where you could fall. Ties in with my fear of open heights.

Magikrazy said:
I would like to thank Megamario15 for always reminding me why I keep him on my ignore list.

Allergies or you just fear the stingers?

I also fear people who flirt me, ask me personal questions such as where I live, or harrasing me. This creeps me out. This makes me look around to make sure the “One who brought me that fear” is not among the crowd.

The idea of losing my senses or what makes me human.

Wittgenstein said:
-open heights. If I'm sealed in a room then I'm fine (so planes and living in a high-rise apartment aren't a big deal) but put me on a cliff or something and I get paranoid.
Pretty much same. I do get nervous when I'm on a rollercoaster or something.

I was also afraid of fire when I was younger.

yoshiking14x said:
Magikrazy said:

Allergies or you just fear the stingers?
I hate getting stung. I was stung several times as a kid, so I can't even get near a bee/bee looking insect anymore. I start freaking out and running all over the place.

man anything to do with hospitals and diseases scare the shit out of me and can lead to faints
pills, doctors, hospitals, needles, pretty much the words like "antibiotic" "injection" "shot" "contagious" just are urrrrrrrgh

also i'm kind of scared of the dark but tbh i'm not that bothered by it anymore
uh big spiders scare me but the little ones are chill enough
public speaking

Good thing I am not scared of everything or I could have been crazy(or more than usual).

My Ex-fears:

I used to be afraid of Sloth from the Goonies, he looked so monstrous.

The Beast from Beauty and the Beast: He was scary when he had those temper tantrums, now I find him cool.

Ursula: Scary fat witch of the sea, now I know she is too fat to get me and I live on land if she was real.

Drake from Pebble and the penguin: He was too scary to be a penguin, his lair didn't helped.

That Giant seal from Pingu: it's theme didn't help and worst of all his Undertaker eyes and his human teeth.

Any more interesting fears, anyone?

Back