The best console EVER

Blitzwing-2 said:
But it had about the power of a Game Boy.

.... wuuuuuuuut.

Super Mario World was remade into a GBA game, and had Mario Bros squashed in too.

Looniju said:
Snowstalker said:
The best console thus far is the SNES.

The Wii is fun, but it alienated the hardcore audience in many cases, even with Brawl.
Sorry if I'm responding to something very old, but how the hell do you alienate the "hardcore audience"? If they are alienated, they're not "hardcore".
He's trying to say that they're making too many kiddy games, alienating the hardcore gamers that like hardcore games. It's not THAT hard to understand.

Looniju said:
No, it is hard to understand. If your actually a "hardcore gamer", you wouldn't just want to play FPS' and RPG's, you would be an actual HARDCORE GAMER and play the god damn games.

"Hardcore Gamer" actually meant something a few years ago, but the Iwon'tplayanythingthatisnotaFPSstarringaBADASS!spacemarine crowd stole the term to say "Anyone that hates the Wii".

I'm still going for the SNES for the best console.

The DKC trilogy and SMW... Oh, and Kirby Super Star...

Lario said:

FFIV, EB, Super Mario Allstars...

I´d go for the SNES too. Mario All stars, Mario World, Yoshi´s Island, Zelda ALTTP, Super Mario Kart, F-Zero, Kirby super star, Kirby´s dream land 3 (yeah, I liked that game), the DKC trilogy, Battletoads in Battlemaniacs, the huge amount of great RPG´s, etc... it was just too epic. And I didn´t count Mario RPG because freakin´nintendo didn´t release it in Europe, so I couldn´t play it in it´s time :_( still, I played the game later via emula**** and it´s great.

N64 and Gamecube are tied in a close second place though, because of wonderful games such as Mario 64, Zelda Ocarina of time, Majora´s Mask, Wind Waker, Four Swords adventures and Twilight princess, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat and DK64 (kill me if you want, but I really loved DK64), F-Zero X and GX, the Mario sports (all of them: kart, tennis golf etc), the Mario rpg´s, Yoshis´s story and Wario World (both secondary platformers, both under-rated... and I love them both), and more loads of games.

Easmo said:
And I didn´t count Mario RPG because freakin´nintendo didn´t release it in Europe, so I couldn´t play it in it´s time :_( still, I played the game later via emula**** and it´s great.
Any reason you censored emulator? It's not a bad word. Also Super Mario RPG is on the VC in Europe, so you can download it legaly if you have a Wii.

That's also one of my reasons the Wii is a good system, but I don't have favorties because I know there is gonna be more systems in the future.

Needy Guy said:
Easmo said:
And I didn´t count Mario RPG because freakin´nintendo didn´t release it in Europe, so I couldn´t play it in it´s time :_( still, I played the game later via emula**** and it´s great.
Any reason you censored emulator? It's not a bad word. Also Super Mario RPG is on the VC in Europe, so you can download it legaly if you have a Wii.

That's also one of my reasons the Wii is a good system, but I don't have favorties because I know there is gonna be more systems in the future.

True, I dunno why censored emulator. I thought it was illegal to speak about emulation in this forum because I have been in some forums where it is. I´ll get used to the rules with the time lol.

Also, yeah, I know Mario RPG is on the european VC now, but it´s just not the same, it´s still a ROM... I want to play it on an actual cartdrige on my SNES :_(

Easmo said:
Needy Guy said:
Easmo said:

True, I dunno why censored emulator. I thought it was illegal to speak about emulation in this forum because I have been in some forums where it is. I´ll get used to the rules with the time lol.

Also, yeah, I know Mario RPG is on the european VC now, but it´s just not the same, it´s still a ROM... I want to play it on an actual cartdrige on my SNES :_(
It doesn't matter to me, I accultly prefer the Wii version because a cartridge could get dirty and break or become unplayable for some reason.

Needy Guy said:
Easmo said:
Needy Guy said:
Easmo said:

It doesn't matter to me, I accultly prefer the Wii version because a cartridge could get dirty and break or become unplayable for some reason.

You´d be surprised how much more resistant a cartdrige is compared to a dvd/blu-ray/any kind of freaking game disc.

Easmo said:
Needy Guy said:
Easmo said:
Needy Guy said:
Easmo said:

You´d be surprised how much more resistant a cartdrige is compared to a dvd/blu-ray/any kind of freaking game disc.
Not realy, my Super Mario All-stars cartridge deletes all my save files when it is put back in the system after being out for a few hours because of how dirty it is.

Easmo said:
Needy Guy said:
Easmo said:

Saying emulator is fine. Just don't give links to ROMs or ask for ROMs.

What we hardcore games fail to understand is that Nintendo is taking advantage of us. By appealing to the casual gamers, they make them buy the games, and they know that the hardcore gamers will buy anything they make. This allows them to target one audience, but get money from TWO audiences, effectively doubling sales. They aren't concerned about the quality of their games anymore. They only care about making money.

If you want Nintendo to make better games, stop buying their games until they do. Sadly, none of us are going to stop.

Master Lucario said:
What we hardcore games fail to understand is that Nintendo is taking advantage of us. By appealing to the casual gamers, they make them buy the games, and they know that the hardcore gamers will buy anything they make. This allows them to target one audience, but get money from TWO audiences, effectively doubling sales. They aren't concerned about the quality of their games anymore. They only care about making money.

If you want Nintendo to make better games, stop buying their games until they do. Sadly, none of us are going to stop.
I've only bought about two games over the past year or so.

Master Lucario said:

this isn't really about consoles, now is it?

Kaiser Samuel Augustus Ward IV said:
Lario said:

FFIV, EB, Super Mario Allstars...
Super Metroid, Mega Man X1-3, Killer Instinct...

SNES had the best games of its generation. A lot of them still stand strong today.

For all I'll say, the Wii is a fine console with some great games, but the bad games horribly outnumber the good ones, and Phoenix Games is going to help that not only to the Wii, but the DS.

The DS also has some good games and I'm looking forward to M&L 3, but... Hmmm...

Not sure if I've said this before, but the best consoles are the PS2 and the SNES. They had some really kickass games, the graphics are really good...it's an all-around good deal between the both of them.

Stooben Rooben said:
Not sure if I've said this before, but the best consoles are the PS2 and the SNES. They had some really kickass games, the graphics are really good...it's an all-around good deal between the both of them.
The original Playstation had some good games too. They had Rayman, Crash, and Tomb Raider before Nintendo ruined them.

Kaiser Samuel Augustus Ward IV said:
Stooben Rooben said:
The original Playstation had some good games too. They had Rayman, Crash, and Tomb Raider before Nintendo ruined them.
I agree. That's one reason I like the PS2; it's backwards compatible.

Plus, Sony was smart; they kept their controllers exactly the same.

Back