The best console EVER

360 is definitely in the running.

Mario games go really well with the Wii, but other games, like CoD and Madden are dumbed down way too much. They either include features that make it easy for n00bs or they just don't have all the features from the other consoles.

Wii is still a fail of a system.

Sharks Territory said:
Mario games go really well with the Wii, but other games, like CoD and Madden are dumbed down way too much. They either include features that make it easy for n00bs or they just don't have all the features from the other consoles.
Call of Duty - Modern Warfare on the Wii featured all the levels from the PS3 and 360 versions, only lowering the graphics.

Graphics =/= a good game.

If that was true, why was Pokemon a huge success when it was first released in Japan even though it was on a pretty much dying system and poor graphics. (Even more so when it came statestide)

Still, good graphics are nice to have. On Madden, the graphics improved on every console when they moved to the new generation except Wii. In fact, the in-stadium graphics are even worse than they were on Gamecube (not to say that the graphics were bad on Gamecube).

I don't get why games are dumbed down for the Wii. Unless Nintendo values casual gamers who don't give a damn over hardcore gamers that have been loyal to them since the start.

Madden isn't hardcore, Ralph. Plus I don't think you are either. :P

Actually there are two definitions of a hardcore gamer.

The true one

A person who doesn't care what system a game is for as long as it's fun.

The false one

People who think the only good games are like COD or Halo.

Also, the Wii is currently the top system of the current gen. Same with the DS being the top handheld. (I think the DS is also the third best selling system of all time behind the PS2 and Game Boy)

I'm not very hardcore, but they took away the parts of Madden that were somewhat hardcore. On 2010, they hid Franchise Mode deep within the bowels of the game and replaced it with Road to the Super Bowl, a mode in which you simply play games. No Owner's Box, no General Manager duties, no nothing. Nintendo, please stop making these games easy for idiots to pick up. We don't want them ruining our games. Let 'em figure it out themselves. That's why you created easy level.

I'm just using it Madden as an example. Nintendo surely persuaded EA to create these All-Play modes.

Per Ugo. EA is third-party, and their sport games are sure as hell not hardcore. Please stop using them as excuses to rant about the Wii.

Ribbon-chan said:
Also, the Wii is currently the top system of the current gen. Same with the DS being the top handheld. (I think the DS is also the third best selling system of all time behind the PS2 and Game Boy)
Only in sales.

meta.jpg

It isn't the best in ratings because it's games don't have enough lens flare or cutscenes for the modern gamer.

Mr. Doctor Professor Assistant-Governor General Shyguy said:
Ha ha...

Well, I'm only referring to a couple of the same numbers on there.

On-Topic: I'm still hugging the SNES, damn it. How could you doubt it being so great?

I'm actually still a big Gamecube fan. It's a very versatile console, and it has great games from a lot of genres.

I know. Once again, I'm using Madden as an example. They had so many features on there. My god, it was like a goldmine.

Back