Fun Facts about where you live

The West half of our state is all marshy and moist and such filled with mountains, and the Eastern half is really dry and flat.

They filmed a Gieco commercial in my town 2 years ago, And it shows one of the most iconic parts of our town.

A cow burned down Chicago, so if you ever wonder why there are cow statues in Chicago, that's why.

Well, here in the Mushroom Kingdom-

Nah, just kidding.

We have an iconic cape and rock in this state.

We have an iconic Needle from Space (not really from space) in our state and I've actually eaten in the restaurant on the very top (and yes it's scary kind of).

theres nothing to do in dalton

also its a home of drug addicts, meth in particular

You know about those "funny law" "facts"? Are they actually verified or are they just made up to sound silly?

Arcadia is quite some drive for me, but here is its law:

Peacocks have the right of way to cross any street, including driveways.

Sounds weird, but taken in context, there ARE Indian peafowls walking around in that suburb, lol.

Mario Party X said:
You know about those "funny law" "facts"? Are they actually verified or are they just made up to sound silly?
I think the horse one's real (just very antiquated, to the days when they used horses and did no work on Sundays and whatnot). It's pretty entrenched in local lore, anyway.

In less than 3 km, I can find a lot of stores (including cinema and world's second biggest IKEA).

One of my high schools is, from 2014, rank 2 in the state of California and rank 22 nationally.

</boast>

My city used to have cows outnumber people.

hell, I think the COW bus transport is based off the fact that our city was cowland.

They're rare here, I've only seen a few over here in the West.

We (as in the 12th man) caused a 1.2 Earthquake from all our shouting and such at one of our home football games

Thom Yorke of Radiohead was born in my hometown.

Also, Peter Murphy of Bauhaus was raised here.

Billie Piper (who played Rose Tyler on Doctor Who) was born in my hometown.

Also, at one point it had the highest rate of teen pregnancy in Europe.

The Chicago Transit Authority has kept a secret from the city for 6 years. A massive Train Station was revealed to be located deep beneath Block 37 but is just an abandoned project and there's no connecting tunnels or anything. Just one known way into the underground station only a few people know.

When you think about it, it seems really cool and something you want to explore, but it doesn't really have lighting, it's under the city and not many know of it. There's some pictures I may put up later, but I just found this to be one of the most interesting things about Chicago.

Back