Fun Facts about where you live

Meta Knight

Accepting applications for The 'Shroom
Core 'Shroom Staff
Idea from Soundless Voice's thread, talk about the state/province/country you live in such as events that have happened, interesting locations near you, climate/ anything else. No you don't have to say where it is, you can just say "such and such is here" or something among those lines.

Kurt Cobain of Nirvana died here

The most interesting thing about St. Clair is the salt. Most of America's salt comes from here. Whoopee.

so not too far from where I live is this place called newgrange which is this burial tomb that's like 5000 years old and something like the oldest standing monument in Europe or summat
also pretty close to me is this castle that's the best preserved Norman Castle in Europe (Trim Castle)

President Taft vacationed here once.

The Chicago area was home to many locations of the Nike Missiles, but most of these locations are just abandoned cement lots.

A "syndrome" is named after this city...

And Notch was born here.

the city I lived was called "Dairy Valley" or something because it used to be a place with, y'know, dairy argiculture in it. it's now just a typical suburb with the second highest retail spending in california

there was a shark attack in matawan in 1916. which is weird, because matawan is nowhere near the jersey shore.

in any case, the attack helped inspire the book (and later movie) jaws.

The town I'm from was only on the news once for a bus that nearly crashed into a Goodwill store. No one was injured though.

My town was on the news once when a woman drove here and threw some garbage bags out the car window.

The bags contained human parts.

Deanna Mustard, the current voice actress of Daisy, apparently lives in the same county as me.

Umm let's see... My city is kind of boring. But I guess that the Narrows Bridge collapsed in 1940.

Wikipedia said:
According to the California State Board of Equalization, [my town's] residents are the second highest retail spenders in California (second to Beverly Hills) averaging $36,544 per resident.

:P

My town became a city on July 1st, 2012.

I remember this so well because I saw my city on the plane map and got so excited, because when I got on a plane in 2011 my city wasn't there.

Back