The SNES Music Appreciation thread

Meta Knight

Accepting applications for The 'Shroom
Core 'Shroom Staff
So yeah share your favorite SNES themes here. The SNES sound channel has probably my favorite sounding theme. Idk how to explain it, I just really like it.

Ahhhh wonderful music from 16 bits. I think my favorite would be the Onett Theme from Mother 2.

DragonFreak said:
Ahhhh wonderful music from 16 bits. I think my favorite would be the Onett Theme from Mother 2.

THANK THE LORD OH MY YESSS. Might I say that it's wonderful that they finally got this version (or close to it) in Smash?

Megamario15 said:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fdmS4ndSAT8
Childhood

Meta Blastoise said:
DragonFreak said:

THANK THE LORD OH MY YESSS. Might I say that it's wonderful that they finally got this version (or close to it) in Smash?
I actually don't like the Smash bros versions. Like Melee and Brawl distorted it to almost beyond recognition. In Sm4sh, it puts a really nice twist on Onett, but then it goes to Winters theme with Snowman mixed in it, which also is cool, but I don't really want to listen to them alternatively like that.

I prefer original.

snes has some pretty good osts, but not the best.

whoa boy its mega mans

this is a good thread

I could name all of Chrono Trigger's OST here (probably), because it is truly amazing and everbody should go play that game right now.

The title theme is simply beautiful and probably one of the best ones I've ever heard.

Never played this, but one day I will.

Classic, easily recognizable, catchy. Might not be all that good but I'll take it.

Fun Fact: I never heard this when I played the game as a child because I always just mashed start at the beginning. Extremely gorgeous too.

Catchy af, both of them stuck in my head since years.

That 8-bit -> metal transisition <3

Easily the best version of Bloody Tears in any castlevania game.

Didn't find those on 3K's list, shame on you!

And of course from the most amazing soundtrack:

I probably cannot emphazise enough how great both Dancing Mad and the Ending theme from Final Fantasy 6 are. I mean compared to how long your average final boss battle is, Dancing Mad weighs in at 17 minutes (although the single parts loop or don't loop some times depending on how fast you do the battle, just the official version is 17 minutes long), while the Ending lasts for a whopping 21 1/2 minutes and does not loop because it's a cutscene. I mean wow that's even huge compared to other Final Fantasy games at the time let alone other RPGs or games.

Say what you want about Final Fantasy 6, you cannot deny that most of it's soundtrack is really damn good.

I really like Cocoa Caves music for some reason. It's really upbeat and I love the low background notes. It's too bad there isn't a cover version for this in Smush 4.

SNES has some really retro music which reminds me of the 80's.

Meta Blastoise said:
So yeah share your favorite SNES themes here. The SNES sound channel has probably my favorite sounding theme. Idk how to explain it, I just really like it.
Same here, I think the music just sounds really retro or 80's, can't describe it. This is coming from a fan of disco, R&B, rock & roll, funk, jazz, fusion jazz, that jazz.

^the second video of that doesn't exist

and best song from dracula x is still this:

President Madagascar said:

hmm i dont even remember what i put lmao

oh well, removed.

Zae Eildus said:

oh well, removed.

now it works (a second one from tales of phantasia) and you have removed your dracula x song

whatever

Zae Eildus said:

oh well, removed.

now it works (a second one from tales of phantasia) and you have removed your dracula x song

whatever

well that one didnt work for me strangely, but put it back anyway.

*confused as hell*

I consider that Fever version the best out of all of them.

You could argue against the Tetris music but it's the only SNES version of those themes

And the Tetris theme A is gorgeous, only to be beaten by the SSBB/SSB4 version imo

I'm sure a lot of people know the Corneria theme too.

Too lazy to post a Youtube video right now.

Megamario15 said:
Mario Party X said:
I'm sure a lot of people know the Corneria theme too.

Too lazy to post a Youtube video right now.
I don't.
You suck for not ever hearing it then.

Thanks, Meat Knight.

Back