Same sex marriage

Edea Lee said:
run 4 teh hillz b/c this'll somehow end America
when u let TEH GAYS marry, it will lead to people marrying ANIMALS

cause you know, animals can legally sign a marriage contract

Gnaw said:
did you know that there are radical left wing groups who oppose same sex marriage because its "a pet issue of white cis male gays" and the institution of marriage "actually needs to be dismantled because it's inherently oppressive to women and people of color"?
oh my god

Derpl Zork said:
I have a tumblr account, yeah.
kek

Lumastar said:
Gays are people, too. They have the same level of thought as other people. This is a free country. People should have the rights to make their own decisions. And you know what? It isn't going to help a state if they prompt an entire community to move out to other states. Just saying.
as far as homophobes are concerned, gays aren't people lmao

Gnaw said:
did you know that there are radical left wing groups who oppose same sex marriage because its "a pet issue of white cis male gays" and the institution of marriage "actually needs to be dismantled because it's inherently oppressive to women and people of color"?
well i still don't see why the government has to be involved in marriage to begin with, but eh. legalization of same-sex marriage doesn't bother me at all

it's because marriage isn't just about ~love~ or doing whatever in front of God or some frilly shit

it's about taxes, legal formalities, etc.

that's why not allowing certain people those benefits based on antiquated beliefs that shouldn't even be applicable given the whole separation of church and state thing is pretty inhumane

if the argument was about simple word choice (marriage, civil union, whatevs) and definition then yeah totally bring up the involvement of any government, but it's totally not about that and anyone who honestly thinks it is is a fool who's willfully blind to the issues

I support gay marriages, and live in a country where it's legal. If you love that person then there is no reason that you should be stopped from marrying them. Marriage isn't even a religious thing anymore, seeing as how it is a part of general society. If people are cool with atheists marrying, then why not the gay folk?

Derpl Zork said:
it's because marriage isn't just about ~love~ or doing whatever in front of God or some frilly shit

it's about taxes, legal formalities, etc.

that's why not allowing certain people those benefits based on antiquated beliefs that shouldn't even be applicable given the whole separation of church and state thing is pretty inhumane

if the argument was about simple word choice (marriage, civil union, whatevs) and definition then yeah totally bring up the involvement of any government, but it's totally not about that and anyone who honestly thinks it is is a fool who's willfully blind to the issues
ok

Well same sex marriage is already legal over here, and I am all for it anyway
Sexuality isn't a choice, and its basic rights to let people marry the person they love, so of course it should be legal in that sense.

i'm also from a country where it is legal but america is 2-3 hours away driving so i don't want anything to happen to me there

maybe soon, Australia will finally wake up and smell the roses, and legalise gay marriage because come on. Even the sheep shaggers in New Zealand beat us to it, and the last thing any of us want is to lose to the bloody Kiwis.

I fully support legalizing this. I don't think i'm gay or bi myself (I think i'm either straight or asexual), but people should be able to love people who they want to love.

Steven Stone said:
oh yes, about this for me

i'm starting to hate the idea of being in a relationship entirely

so uh, shoot me if you want everyone to be straight, but honestly the idea of me being straight is never happening

regardless, I'm still cared of something happening to me in 'murica because I'm not straight, so please legalize
especially because it isn't fair for gays who live there

Should definitely be legalised, its basic human rights; Christianity didn't 'invent' marriage and has no authority to say who can/can't get married, especially when civil unions are becoming more and more of a thing.

I'm also sick of arguing this shit but the people who are against it will be dead soon so just hold out for now...

Marriage is not a religious institution anymore, it's a legal one. Any argument on marriage that uses religion as an argument breaches on the establishment clause (separation of church and state) and therefore should not be a serious argument regardless if someone wants to marry or not.

Ethically, it's totally ok to have same-sex marriage because gays are the same people as anyone else aside from their sexual preference. It's not your business to decide who they sleep with and/or decide who to be legally bonded to via marriage.

It should be a nobrainer right now.

Why are people bringing up how this will somehow make pedophiles and those involved in bestiality clamor for their "rights"? I don't see the connection. :???:

Hell, I don't consider myself straight nor LGBT and I find denying a minority basic legal rights and recognition baffling.

hey so there's a same sex marriage referendum coming up in Ireland in the next few months
that's all I have that's relevant to the topic so yeah

Gnaw said:
tumblr_inline_nc4ln3rgeL1swhzc1.png

I don't really have a strong opinion on this, but if people who happen to be the same gender want to marry, they should be able to. And that's all I have to say about this.

Im pretty neutral about it.

It's only marriage so if they want to marry then let them.

Crocodile Dippy said:
maybe soon, Australia will finally wake up and smell the roses, and legalise gay marriage because come on. Even the sheep shaggers in New Zealand beat us to it, and the last thing any of us want is to lose to the bloody Kiwis.
lol

Mario Party X said:
Why are people bringing up how this will somehow make pedophiles and those involved in bestiality clamor for their "rights"? I don't see the connection. :???:
Slippery slope logical fallacy

Example: After Lawrence vs Texas, which declared that laws that forbid private, consensual sexual activities (AKA it was illegal to have anal sex, so gay men would be arrested for doing this) were unconstitutional, former Senator Rick Santorum expressed belief that this would lead to man on dog sex being legalized.

Or like how some people think if you smoke marijuana one time then you'll automatically end up as a struggling drug addict spending all your money on cocaine and heroin.

Aiko Heiwa said:
Or like how some people think if you smoke marijuana one time then you'll automatically end up as a struggling drug addict spending all your money on cocaine and heroin.

That reminds me of that Tiny Toon Adventures episode where Buster Hamilton and Plucky get hammered after a sip of beer.
Speaking of which, marijuana should be legal because alcohol is. Being high is pretty much the exact same as being drunk.

Aiko Heiwa said:
Mario Party X said:
Slippery slope logical fallacy

Example: After Lawrence vs Texas, which declared that laws that forbid private, consensual sexual activities (AKA it was illegal to have anal sex, so gay men would be arrested for doing this) were unconstitutional, former Senator Rick Santorum expressed belief that this would lead to man on dog sex being legalized.

Yeah ive met a lot of them.

For the most part its just stupid assumptions

I'll never understand though how same sex marriage will ruin the world or whatever

It's just the same as regular marriage just with different sex's.

Back