2015 NFL Playoffs (Super Bowl: New England Patriots Vs. Seattle Seahawks)

The Super Bowl is set! Who are you going to root for?

• New England Patriots (Consistent Playoff Success should earn another Ring!)

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Seattle Seahawks (Defense wins Championships. The 12th Man reigns once more!)

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Neither (I just want a good game!)

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
I'm so hyped right now... Wow.

I've never, ever seen a play-call so bad before in my life. You have the best running back in the league on the one yard line, along with maybe even the best running quarterback, and you decide to THROW it? At the one-yard line? When you still had THREE possible possessions left? Especially after that hell of a catch made on the previous possession.

Seattle threw it away, that was their game to win and they lost it. As much as I hate admitting it because I really hate New England, they took advantage of what Seattle did wrong and played a pretty good game. Congrats to the Pats.

Although I really don't think Tom Brady is the GOAT like I've seen people say. +___+

Boy George said:
I've never, ever seen a play-call so bad before in my life. You have the best running back in the league on the one yard line, along with maybe even the best running quarterback, and you decide to THROW it? At the one-yard line? When you still had THREE possible possessions left? Especially after that hell of a catch made on the previous possession.
They also had a timeout, so running the clock down was of no concern. Just a completely boneheaded playcall on what should've been a guaranteed victory.

What a great game! Congratulations to the Patriots. This is what I wanted regardless who was the winner. A nailbiter to the end. Strangely this also feels like an upset because nearly everyone was predicting the Seahawks and as a result I was kinda leaning towards rooting for the Patriots to at least scare them. And the whole Deflate-gate thing was entirely stupid, and I'm glad the Pats now can ignore the stupidity of that and just celebrate their hard fought for championship.

Great Super Bowl. might be the best one since the Cardinals and Steelers game in 2009

Northern Verve said:
What a great game! Congratulations to the Patriots. This is what I wanted regardless who was the winner. A nailbiter to the end. Strangely this also feels like an upset because nearly everyone was predicting the Seahawks and as a result I was kinda leaning towards rooting for the Patriots to at least scare them. And the whole Deflate-gate thing was entirely stupid, and I'm glad the Pats now can ignore the stupidity of that and just celebrate their hard fought for championship.

Great Super Bowl. might be the best one since the Cardinals and Steelers game in 2009
Around here, at least, the majority was picking the Patriots...but then again, we're biased :P

But yeah, that was a freaking awesome game.

GalacticPetey said:
GalacticPetey said:
Of course the Super Bowl is the same day as the last day of Apex.

Oh well. Melee > Football.
Well fuck, Melee hasn't even started.
i was busy watching eg vs secret in the dota 2 asia championships, so i totally understand

wow i came here to get pissed at all the 12 year olds thinking they're edgy because "haha sportsball is a stupid game for stupid rich people" and was genuinely surprised to see this is a good thread

also who else is upset that Super Bowl L is going to be called Super Bowl 50

Doctor Walter Bishop said:
wow i came here to get pissed at all the 12 year olds thinking they're edgy because "haha sportsball is a stupid game for stupid rich people" and was genuinely surprised to see this is a good thread

also who else is upset that Super Bowl L is going to be called Super Bowl 50

poor luigi

Having fun watching the game? Here, have a lighthearted commercial about DEAD CHILDREN.

We got a goddamned upbeat commercial about Mindy Kaling thinking she's invisible, and now we gotta talk about a fucking dead kid. How do you even make that transition?

Megamario15 said:
Magikrazy said:
Fuck Nationwide. They're not on my side.
33046406.jpg

That's State Farm, not Nationwide xP

Anyway yeah, the commercials weren't really up to par. Most of them being some of those sad ones that try to tug at your heart like that dead kid, the father one where I think at the start someone's dad dies in a racing accident and that kid who loses his father himself is in a crash but he actually survives, and also the Budweiser with a dog and horse (Not to mention that felt like a repeat of the last Budweiser Super Bowl ad). There was more then that I'm sure, but yeah not enough lighthearted ones in an overall sense.

Though frankly it's a good thing since the Super Bowl is the show. Not the commercials. The fact they make some special for just the Super Bowl because often it challenges companies to make a truly unforgettable commercial as most of the time the time it airs on TV is the only time it does. But as much as people who don't care about football or sports in general joke about, the game is the show. 120 Million people making this year's Super Bowl the most watched television event in American history ever aren't tuning in just for the commercials. If the commercials were more entertaining then the game then that just says it was a pretty subpar Super Bowl.

That said, there was one commercial that did surprise me in a good way. The Super Bowl rally that was being hyped up throughout the commercial breaks. Where it had different stuff added of people and even the Lego Movie legos cheering for different NFL teams that was represented how broadly inclusive football fans can be and come from all walks of life. But what particulary surprised me was seeing this:

819660__safe_twilight+sparkle_rainbow+dash_pinkie+pie_fluttershy_rarity_applejack_animated_princess+twilight_upvotes+galore.gif

As a brony and sports fan I was very pleasntly surprised. I know it was only one to two seconds, but it instantly became the highlight of the commercials for me. And besides the game itself, a highlight for the day in general ^^

Northern Verve said:
Megamario15 said:
Magikrazy said:
Fuck Nationwide. They're not on my side.
33046406.jpg

That's State Farm, not Nationwide xP
I know. Just pointing out that there are no good insurance companies.
Anyway yeah, the commercials weren't really up to par. Most of them being some of those sad ones that try to tug at your heart like that dead kid, the father one where I think at the start someone's dad dies in a racing accident and that kid who loses his father himself is in a crash but he actually survives, and also the Budweiser with a dog and horse (Not to mention that felt like a repeat of the last Budweiser Super Bowl ad). There was more then that I'm sure, but yeah not enough lighthearted ones in an overall sense.

Though frankly it's a good thing since the Super Bowl is the show. Not the commercials. The fact they make some special for just the Super Bowl because often it challenges companies to make a truly unforgettable commercial as most of the time the time it airs on TV is the only time it does. But as much as people who don't care about football or sports in general joke about, the game is the show. 120 Million people making this year's Super Bowl the most watched television event in American history ever aren't tuning in just for the commercials. If the commercials were more entertaining then the game then that just says it was a pretty subpar Super Bowl.

That said, there was one commercial that did surprise me in a good way. The Super Bowl rally that was being hyped up throughout the commercial breaks. Where it had different stuff added of people and even the Lego Movie legos cheering for different NFL teams that was represented how broadly inclusive football fans can be and come from all walks of life. But what particulary surprised me was seeing this:

819660__safe_twilight+sparkle_rainbow+dash_pinkie+pie_fluttershy_rarity_applejack_animated_princess+twilight_upvotes+galore.gif

As a brony and sports fan I was very pleasntly surprised. I know it was only one to two seconds, but it instantly became the highlight of the commercials for me. And besides the game itself, a highlight for the day in general ^^
I just said that. Look:
Megamario15 said:
Tuxedo Ridley said:
Having fun watching the game? Here, have a lighthearted commercial about DEAD CHILDREN.
latest

About commercials. Nobody pays attention.

Back