2015 NFL Playoffs (Super Bowl: New England Patriots Vs. Seattle Seahawks)

The Super Bowl is set! Who are you going to root for?

• New England Patriots (Consistent Playoff Success should earn another Ring!)

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Seattle Seahawks (Defense wins Championships. The 12th Man reigns once more!)

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Neither (I just want a good game!)

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
Re: 2015 NFL Playoffs

Oh My God I was so worried. Thank you Seattle. I am completely mind blown!

Me before the playoffs started said:
I'll make the Super Bowl guess of Patriots/Seahawks

Called it!

Not too much of a surprise, and there were times where I could have easily been proven wrong like the Pats and Ravens and it was also nearly thwarted by the Packers today. But through it all, I still got it right. ^^

As for who I'll root for. I don't prefer either team as I like both teams in different ways. If the Seahawks are going to repeat however they can't be the way they were against the Packers again. I give them kudos on the comeback, but that's a performance you don't want to have to perform again in order to win a game.

I'll add a poll for rooting sides shortly though.

The Ravens game could've easily been multiple scores if the officiating was decent...but then again I'm biased :P

I doubt the Seahawks will be that sloppy again, but if they are, I think we have them right where we want them. Either way, that game was a big bump to my confidence against them.

Also: totally called us crushing the Colts

Like I said, just hoping for a good game. Last year the turning point of the game might as well have been the very first play of the game (AKA Manning botching up the snap and another player being tackled in the endzone for a safety). I'd like an actual competitive and close Super Bowl again, thank you very much.

>only one voting for Patriots
I feel so lonely.
(also, our defense has actually been pretty damn good this year for once, probably our best in many years)
Northern Verve said:
Like I said, just hoping for a good game. Last year the turning point of the game might as well have been the very first play of the game (AKA Manning botching up the snap and another player being tackled in the endzone for a safety). I'd like an actual competitive and close Super Bowl again, thank you very much.
I found Peyton Manning's annual playoff comedy hour quite entertaining, myself.

Tuxedo Ridley said:
>only one voting for Patriots
I feel so lonely.
(also, our defense has actually been pretty damn good this year for once, probably our best in many years)
Northern Verve said:
I found Peyton Manning's annual playoff comedy hour quite entertaining, myself.

I didn't say it wasn't entertaining. Just that the result of the game was pretty much known by the end of the first half for the most part.

Also about you being the only Patriots vote so far. Is it any comfort that I deeply respect the Patriots as a whole? Sure I may have envy for them like any other team in the NFL's fan, but only so much that I wish my team had that kind of success. Especially since in the last decade, the Lions were basically the polar opposite of the Pats (They sure were consistent, at being amongst the bottom of the league...)

And I also know how it feels to be on the other side of the fence being a Red Wings fan in the NHL. You could consider them pretty much counterparts to eachother in regards to recent successes. Heck, with the upcoming Super Bowl. Both teams will have played in the Championship Round 6 times over the last 20 years.

Northern Verve said:
Also about you being the only Patriots vote so far. Is it any comfort that I deeply respect the Patriots as a whole? Sure I may have envy for them like any other team in the NFL's fan, but only so much that I wish my team had that kind of success. Especially since in the last decade, the Lions were basically the polar opposite of the Pats (They sure were consistent, at being amongst the bottom of the league...)
It's cool, I'd rather have everyone being respectful about going against me then pulling out stuff like that deflated ball crap. Plus like I said, the 'Hawks are my 2nd team.
Northern Verve said:
And I also know how it feels to be on the other side of the fence being a Red Wings fan in the NHL. You could consider them pretty much counterparts to eachother in regards to recent successes. Heck, with the upcoming Super Bowl. Both teams will have played in the Championship Round 6 times over the last 20 years.
Unfortunately, being a Boston fan, I can't really relate because we've had nothing but success as of late(give or take the odd Sox season and the recent Celtics, but I'm mostly into hockey/football so)
Edit: broken quotes

Yeah the deflated ball thing was basically things getting quite blown out of proportion. So there was possibly a little less air then there usually is in the football. The Patriots still manhandled the Colts in all phases of the game and those deflated footballs sure weren't the reason for it. They did not cheat to win that game, the Patriots just were too overwhelming for an up-and-coming team like the Colts right now. The only thing it really does is that the NFL will make sure all the Game Balls for the Super Bowl are perfect.

And I just mean purely looking at the last 20 years of the Patriots and the Red Wings. I know Boston has also been successful as of really recently as well in Hockey with the Bruins and that World Series run Boston made not too long ago. But thinking consistently over the past 20 years.

Today's the game! Good luck to both teams, players and fans alike. I'm hoping for a well-played close game that leaves people on the edge of their seats. And with relatively less controversy (There's always the potential for a bad call or not, but hopefully not one as game-changing as the picked up flag in the Lions-Cowboys game)

And the trophy goes to...

I think that was literally the most insane ending anyone could have asked for.

And although I'm a New England fan, I feel obligated to point out an obvious tactical blunder- SEATTLE, WHY YOU NO RUN?! YOU WERE ON THE FREAKING HALF YARD LINE!

Lynch was open even if they were to throw it. That was insanely disappointing. It's as if Wilson took a gun and fatally shot all of Seattle and the 12 man.

I also feel that the referee and announcers were really biased towards the patriots

Back