2015 NFL Playoffs (Super Bowl: New England Patriots Vs. Seattle Seahawks)

The Super Bowl is set! Who are you going to root for?

• New England Patriots (Consistent Playoff Success should earn another Ring!)

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Seattle Seahawks (Defense wins Championships. The 12th Man reigns once more!)

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Neither (I just want a good game!)

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

SonicMario

Star Spirit
It's that time again, the NFL Playoffs start next week. This thread like many before it is for any NFL fans to discuss the Playoffs all the way to the Wild Card games next weekend all the way to the Super Bowl that ends off the whole thing. Without further adieu, here are the seedings and the matchups. (OP will be updated through each week)

FIRST ROUND BYE

NFC
1. Seattle Seahawks
2. Green Bay Packers

AFC
1. New England Patriots
2. Denver Broncos

WILD CARD ROUND

NFC
Detroit Lions @ Dallas Cowboys
Arizona Cardinals @ Carolina Panthers

AFC
Baltimore Ravens @ Pittsburgh Steelers
Cincinnati Bengals @ Indianapolis Colts

SECOND ROUND

NFC
Carolina Panthers @ Seattle Seahawks
Dallas Cowboys @ Green Bay Packers

AFC
Baltimore Ravens @ New England Patriots
Indianapolis Colts @ Denver Broncos

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS

NFC

Green Bay Packers @ Seattle Seahawks

AFC

Indianapolis Colts @ New England Patriots

SUPER BOWL

New England Patriots Vs. Seattle Seahawks

As much as I'd like the Lions to win, I think the Cowboys are just too hot and the Lions can't get past their inconsistent offense. So I really think they'll be one and done. As for predictions of how will make it out of each conference. I feel the Seahawks will make it to the Super Bowl again. Possibly even repeat as champs. In the AFC, I see either the Patriots or the Ravens getting there. I just don't see anything special out of the Broncos, Steelers, Bengals, or the Colts. I'll make the Super Bowl guess of Patriots/Seahawks. Let's see how wrong I am with that xD

Re: 2015 NFL Playoffs

as usual i'll end up cheering for whichever team has a cooler name

and by cheering i mean "kind of not really hoping they sorta win"

i'm so sad
we got sky sports so I could watch the playoffs and they aren't showing them anymore

Javelin said:
as usual i'll end up cheering for whichever team has a cooler name

and by cheering i mean "kind of not really hoping they sorta win"

so in other words you dont really care

My Steelers are scaring me because of Le'Veon Bell's hyperextended knee injury from last night's game. I know we were able to still shut down the Bengals without him for a little awhile, but it's going to be a bit harsh after awhile not having one of your two primary offensive options (the other being Antonio Brown). Still hopeful that they'll beat Baltimore, I didn't see too much that was special out of them against Cleveland yesterday.

Today's games are the Panthers and Cardinals and the Ravens and Steelers.

I'm thinking the Panthers and the Cardinals is pretty much a toss-up. It depends on how the Cardinals 3rd-String quarterback plays. If he can play well, the Cardinals still has it's defense to win the game for him. But if Lindley struggles then the Panthers will keep their momentum from the last few games and suddenly a below .500 team in the Regular Season will make it into the Final 4 of the NFC.

As for Steelers and Ravens. It will probably be a close and really physical rivalry game. But I think the Steelers have the better shot. They're at home, and I don't think the Ravens have the drive that got them to the Superbowl a few years ago.

The Panthers and Ravens win. I'm a bit surprised, more so with the Ravens then the Panthers. But I certainly thought both games were going to be pretty close at least, not the winning teams up by two touchdowns or more. Guess the Panthers and Steelers were really in trouble without some of their star players (Arizona - Losing TWO quarterbacks. Pittsburgh - Losing their star running back)

Still though, I'm not so sure I see either of these two teams getting past the next round. Maybe there's upset wiggle room for the Ravens against the Patriots if their defense can get to Tom Brady. But as for the Panthers, they're screwed no matter who they come across (Seahawks or Packers depending on the result of the Detroit-Dallas game)

I was hoping for the Cards and Steelers to come through with a win.

Maybe if I root for the Seahawks and Packers...

Aggggh, the Lions lost as I predicted. But I didn't think it was going to be this frustrating.

Late in the game they called Pass Interfence on the Cowboys, when the Lions were still in the lead and they were pretty close to extending that lead. But then somehow they pick up the flag with no given explanation and the penalty is canceled?! That ended up on a fourth down which after which would lead to the Cowboys game winning score when they get the ball.

I... just... ugh... the Lions were playing far better then I expected. But unfortunately the Lions are just cursed again, this time by the refs. This should have been a win for the Lions given they had control for most of the game... ugh...

Whatever, I think the Cowboys aren't beating the Packers next week. The Lions exploited enough weaknesses, that the Packers will certainly exploit even harder with Rodgers and such. And even if the Lions have won, they probably would of lost to Seattle. But it still would have been nice to see the Lions win a Playoff game for once. I wasn't even born yet when the Lions won their last Playoff game...

Poor Ndonkeykong Suh

Even the Cardinal's game had some iffy PI calls (and lack thereof) that were pretty costly.

I think the Cowboys have a chance, but the Packers will probably take this one home.

I hope the Seahawks win again. I mean it's my home team so why wouldn't I want them to win.

Meta Knight said:
I hope the Seahawks win again. I mean it's my home team so why wouldn't I want them to win.

well richard sherman is kind of a bitch

Tsnowmugi Coaltobuki said:
Meta Knight said:

well richard sherman is kind of a *bleep*

Maybe so but I don't think Russell Wilson is

In the NFC, I'm essentially a Seahawks fan the rest of the way. Don't like the Packers, completely despise the Cowboys right now, and I have no faith in the Panthers beating Seattle. (And if they somehow do I'll cry because the Packers or the Cowboys probably get a fairly easy trip to the Super Bowl as a result)

In the AFC, I don't care as much. I think if an AFC team is going to win the Super Bowl at all this year it would either be the Patriots or the Ravens though. Cause I think if the Broncos come up again, while I don't think they'll be curbstomped like they were last year. They'll probably lose again anyway, possibly to Seattle again.

Yay for Seattle. Now whoever wins between Dallas/Green Bay (Which I refuse to watch). I hope they fall flat on their faces in Seattle.

And I still don't care too much who wins the NFC. But for now my prediction of a Patriots-Seahawks Super Bowl still lives as a strong possibility.

Didn't watch much of it, but from the post-game reaction the Cowboys just got a bit of poetic justice with a reversed call that could have won the game had it stood. Makes me feel a little better after last week. Now for the Seahawks to finish off the Packers hopefully. And I don't necessarily care who comes out of the AFC. But I think the Patriots have it, The Colts took advantage of a struggling (perhaps aging?) Peyton Manning. Tom Brady's still as solid as ever. I won't say they have no chance, but Peyton was off on alot of passes. The Colts can't depend on Brady making those same mistakes.

Oh hey look there's a thread for this, cool.

Patriots are my team, and I'm feeling confident. Andrew Luck has been awful against us and we've steamrolled the Colts the last couple times we've played them.

You honestly have no idea how many Seahawks jerseys and such people wear over here. It's hard to find someone NOT wearing gear. 12 flags are all over buildings, lights change to blue and green, including the Space Needle. There is so much hype and I wouldn't be surprised if Century Link field is shaking again this Sunday.

Century Link field is always shaking, the question is if they're going to cause another earthquake. Honestly the Seahawks terrify me, if we end up in a Super Bowl matchup the fact that we play them away from Seattle is only a very minor comfort to me. (related note: the Seahawks are actually my NFC team, so high-five)

Green Bay dun goof'd

Back