Possibly-crazy stuff you haven't noticed about the Mario series until recently

Goomba98

Goomba
This topic is for things you've only recently realized about the Mario series or its spinoffs.

DKC's Jungle Hijinx music has the same drumbeat as Yoshi's Island's level intro.

Bowser's down special in Super Smash Bros. comes from his fight in SMB3.

The "World Select" music in SMA4 is a remix of Vs. SMB's "Name Entry" music.

"Proof of Existence" from Super Paper Mario contains a few notes of Super Mario Galaxy's main theme, despite the game releasing before Mario Galaxy.

...do any of these musics actually have been based off those or are those tunes just so happen to contain the same notes?

Ok, I'm cheating here because its not official and I've known about it for years, but I still can't believe super hornio brothers exists.

ARG, That SMA4 theme....thank you so much! That has been bugging me so much for ages.

Well, if I may share any of my experiences, it'd be realizing that Foreman Spike's Japanese name isn't Blacky, but rather Breaky.

It took me a while to realize that that song from Super Mario 64 was actually from Yoshi's Island (that bonus stage song).

DragonFreak said:
I noticed that when Waluigi was not in Mario Kart 7, everyone was losing their mind and thinking that Nintendo was phasing Waluigi, but when Birdo was not in Mario Kart 8, no one batted an eye.

People were more worried about Diddy, Bowser Jr and King Boo and why the hell PGP existed.

DragonFreak said:
I noticed that when Waluigi was not in Mario Kart 7, everyone was losing their mind and thinking that Nintendo was phasing Waluigi, but when Birdo was not in Mario Kart 8, no one batted an eye.

oh no, people were getting crazy about it too, just not in the same level as waluigi

you can say that with baby luigi not being in mario tennis open

When I was younger, I thought Yoshis had no teeth.

Baby Luigi said:
DragonFreak said:

oh no, people were getting crazy about it too, just not in the same level as waluigi

you can say that with baby luigi not being in mario tennis open
People were? I honestly can't name more than 3 people including myself. Of course I only base this on the reactions of here and the fact that I really didn't visit the MK8 Thread unless something new was happening/announced because people were just posting roster predictions MK tier lists.

This isn't really the biggest Mario community by far. I don't know what my sister knows, but she usually knows what she's talking about.

Nysic said:
Yoshis have teeth?

EDIT: Immediately after posting this I looked at my avatar. I'm slow.
Well, I think it would make more sense if they have gripping parts in their mouth rather than teeth, much like frogs.

DragonFreak said:

It might have to do with the fact that Birdo is one of the most unpopular characters in the Mario franchise (at least from what I've seen)

I've heard a theory that the Story Book song is partially inspired by/remixed from the Dire Dire Docks song. I can kind of hear it...but it's probably just a coincidence to be honest.

Also, the theory of Super Mario Bros. 3 being a play kind of shook me when I first heard it.

Turret said:
It might have to do with the fact that Birdo is one of the most unpopular characters in the Mario franchise (at least from what I've seen)

Unpopular or unliked? Because there's a difference. I think everyone knows about Birdo, people might not like her so much though. At least not enough to rage like they do over Waluigi.

Mechayoshi said:
Unpopular or unliked? Because there's a difference. I think everyone knows about Birdo, people might not like her so much though. At least not enough to rage like they do over Waluigi.

Yeah, unliked. Mostly because of the whole implied transvestite and gender confusion thing that surrounds her.

I don't know if it's just where I happen to lurk, but while Waluigi has his haters, it seems he has more fans and support than Birdo.

birdo is just plain ugly nuff said

I don't hate Birdo because of her gender issue. I dislike her because of her design.

Oh, yeah, I didn't realize that Super Mario Bros. 2 is a dream all along, and that Mario and friends are saving fairy people rather than randomly adventuring in some part of Mushroom Kingdom.

Back