Memorable Mario Moments

A really easy to miss moment in Bowser's Inside Story, you can find the Bob-Omb cage in Bowser's Castle but choose not to free them. Later, you can find them as the Mario Bros. and they'll try to attack you but realize they can't since they're trapped in the cage and tell each other to ignore Luigi.

Going to Space Junk Galaxy and expecting tense industrial style Mario music, but instead hearing soothing piano music.

Donatello said:
A really easy to miss moment in Bowser's Inside Story, you can find the Bob-Omb cage in Bowser's Castle but choose not to free them. Later, you can find them as the Mario Bros. and they'll try to attack you but realize they can't since they're trapped in the cage and tell each other to ignore Luigi.
Hearing the Music of the New version of Wii Moo Moo Meadows and 3DS Piranha Plant
Slide

When Wario participated in Bowser's Fruits of Doom in Mario Party 4, chose an orange, and lost.

The Doctor said:
I think playing SMG for the first time, absolutey magical...
I think the reason why I like the original more than Galaxy 2 is that while it's technically better, it lacks the heart and beauty of the original.

Wow, I sound like a critic consensus from Rotten Tomatoes.

Final battle in BiS

in fact nearly everything in BiS

Fat Mario said:
The Doctor said:
I think the reason why I like the original more than Galaxy 2 is that while it's technically better, it lacks the heart and beauty of the original.

IMO, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the same thing, if not slightly worse.

I can elaborate if you want.

Mario Party X said:
Fat Mario said:
The Doctor said:

IMO, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the same thing, if not slightly worse.

I can elaborate if you want.
It's hard to describe, but although they are the same thing, I didn't like the lighter tone of Galaxy 2.

Galaxy 1 felt space-y. Look at the boxart, the first level (Good Egg Galaxy), and the main hub. Super Mario Galaxy 2 had a lot of blue skies in contrast.

Both games had their share of suspended platforms in a blue sky and the space, but Galaxy 1 had more of the space.

Mario Party X said:
Galaxy 1 felt space-y. Look at the boxart, the first level (Good Egg Galaxy), and the main hub. Super Mario Galaxy 2 had a lot of blue skies in contrast.

Both games had their share of suspended platforms in a blue sky and the space, but Galaxy 1 had more of the space.
That's what I mean by a lighter tone. It didn't have the depressing space-y feel of Galaxy 1.

Fat Mario said:
Mario Party X said:

That's what I mean by a lighter tone. It didn't have the depressing space-y feel of Galaxy 1.
I wouldn't say depressing. If anything, the space of Galazy gave a very mysterious and and wondrous vibe to it.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is one of the few games that would have benefited with a lack of atmosphere (pun intended)

There are many words I'd use to describe Galaxy 1.

Depressing is not one of em.

bouncing a koopa shell back and forth between 2 posts

my twin and i teamed up yesterday to make dk's life miserable in mario kart 8

was hilarious

Stanley the Troll said:
Space Junk Galaxy was kinda depressing IMO.
I found the music quite beautiful too, though. But again, with that name, you'd expect some hardcore industrial music, like what I did.

Baby Luigi said:
my twin and i teamed up yesterday to make dk's life miserable in mario kart 8

was hilarious
He got last for 12 races.

It would've been perfect if Koopa didn't get 4th and Yoshi didn't get 5th.

that's why we "accidentally" made Baby Daisy first in some races so she can be 3rd

Back