What if Mario is discontinued?

It won't, so no point in thinking about it.

Mario would only be discontinued in the case Nintendo itself is out of business. It's not even worth speculating what would happen because it really won't.

Not to mention it's kinda not fair to even speculate this when there are popular minor franchises compared to Mario, Pokemon, or Zelda that are in long hiatuses that may as well have been discontinued as their only games they're included in since their previous one is really just Smash Bros.

Lol, while I doubt it would happen, it would have meant that Nintendo has completely run itself out of business. They ran out of ideas and was unable to adapt to the future.

However, I believe that they would simply become like Sega where they just make their own games for other systems (at worse).

Claus said:
However, I believe that they would simply become like Sega where they just make their own games for other systems (at worse).

Even then it's not like Sega ever considered dropping Sonic. Keeping Sonic around just to port him as a 3rd Party from now on was probably what helped save Sega from total bankruptcy. (Starting with porting many of the old classic games as well as Sonic Adventure 2 on the Gamecube)

Then Nintendo would be braindead because they just discontinued not just their most successful franchise, but the most successful game franchise in the world.

That would be like if Disney suddenly said they werent going to use Mickey Mouse or Winnie the Pooh anymore.

Magikrazy said:
Then Nintendo would be braindead because they just discontinued not just their most successful franchise, but the most successful game franchise in the world.

That would be like if Disney suddenly said they werent going to use Mickey Mouse or Winnie the Pooh anymore.
Well the Winnie the Pooh part happened

merchandise is still selling, though

i think maybe there's just a short hiatus on films since the 2011 film didnt do as good as they thought

not happening any time soon, thats all i have to say

Magikrazy said:

When's the last time Mickey actually starred in anything big, though? :/

Also, this thread, well, I think Mario's more likely to be a half-dead cash cow in the same way Spyro and Spongebob are.

You die a hero or you live long enough to be a villain.... lol.

mario is nowhere even close to being discontinued

let us discuss this when the time actually comes near

id be sad because no more mario rpgs

and most of them are pretty good

on the other hand not sure i'd feel for the rest of the series

i havent really enjoyed a mario platformer since like super princess peach

sonic is already sorta dead

Zae Eildus said:
id be sad because no more mario rpgs

and most of them are pretty good

on the other hand not sure i'd feel for the rest of the series

i havent really enjoyed a mario platformer since like super princess peach
This except Mario Galaxy 1-2 and the Mario Kart series are also fun.

So is 3D World but I'd prefer if they went back to the old style

Baby Luigi said:
sonic is already sorta dead

sonic goes up and down really

i mean after 06, shadow game, the black knight, etc. people thought the series was dead

then sonic colors and generations came around everybody was excited again, and then sonic boom is returning the downfall again

so the point is, sonic is a pretty inconsistent series.

I'd say the trend is kind of going down. There hasn't been an amazing Sonic game recently, just good or decent ones.

Back