What new characters do you want to see as future DLC for Mario Kart 8?

Paper Mario

SPM Trash
Forum Moderator
Pronouns
She/They
MarioWiki
Fawfulthegreat64
Since the reception of the current DLC characters has been "meh" (except Link, but he was meh to me as well)

who do YOU want to see make it? I think they should bring back the cut veterans that people care about (that is, everyone from DD, DS and Wii that's not Paratroopa or Birdo) and anyone who knows me knows who else I want (for those who don't know it's Fawful)

But who do you want? And for that matter, who do you NOT want? I don't want any more non-Mario characters.

(i don't recall a recent thread about this so if there is one I overlooked just merge this)

Well, here's my list (mostly characters from SSB4):

-Kirby
-Fox
-Captain Falcon
-Captain Olimar
-Pikachu
-Samus
-Mega Man
-Sonic
-Pac-Man

I don't think too many guest characters is wise as they take away the purpose of Mario Kart being a Mario spinoff.

~ Professor E. Gadd
~ King Boo
~ Diddy Kong
~ Bowser Jr.
~ Some main characters from the Wario Ware series
~ Palette swaps of Koopa Troopa based on other colours it comes in. Maybe give it a soccer ball-coloured shell as a reference to Koopa/Soopa Strikers? I think that'd be cute. Maybe costumes of playable Koopa characters?
~ If another baby must be introduced, make it Baby Yoshi (with palette swaps based on his Super Mario World and/or New Super Mario Bros. U colours). Come on, Nintendo, give us a new baby character I'd we'd actually want!

I also would prefer that no other non-Mario characters get added, but if it does happen, I won't kick up a fuss.

Cut vets.

And I agree, I don't want any non-Mario characters as DLC.

Most of the characters I want are veterans, namely Junior, Dry Bones, Diddy Kong, and Birdo. Newcomer-wise, I wouldn't mind seeing Hammer Bro., Dixie Kong, and King K. Rool. I'm also completely fine with more guest characters.

Ashley
E.Gadd
Fire Ashley
Ice Flower Ashley
Radioactive Ashley
Dead Ashley
Blue Pink Donkey Kong Jr.
Mona
Ashley 2

Orange Gold Daisy
Gracie
A customizable Villager (you can export your Villager from Animal Crossing: New Leaf to Mario Kart [nobbc]8)[/nobbc]
Captain Falcon.

Just please, no more non-Mario characters. And please take out Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Link, Villager and Isabelle.

I really hope these characters will hopefully appear in Mario Kart 8.

Veterans
Bowser Jr.
Diddy Kong
Birdo
Paratroopa
King Boo
Petey Piranha
Dry Bones
Funky Kong
Dry Bowser (Confirmed)
Queen Bee
Wiggler
Newcomers
Toadsworth
Kamek
Dixie Kong
Hammer Bro.
Nabbit
Lord Fredrik
E. Gadd
Lubba

Maki Nishikino said:
Donkey Kong Jr.
this
Fawfulthegreat64 said:
I don't think too many guest characters is wise as they take away the purpose of Mario Kart being a Mario spinoff.
i might have already asked this but did you hate it when Snake, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man appeared in Smash Bros

after all they take away the purpose of Smash Bros being a Nintendo spinoff

I dunno, it feels different when it already spans multiple franchises. Like, a few more franchises doesn't seem as out of place as when the spinoff in question is only one franchise

Scorpion
Sub Zero
Baby Luigi holding a desert rifle while blasting Wario's head off

E.Gadd
Captain Toad
Bowser jr
Goomba

Mcmadness said:
E.Gadd
Captain Toad
Bowser jr
Goomba
E. Gadd and Bowser Jr. are good choices, but Captain Toad would be redundant with Toad there (he could replace Toad though), and Goomba, my generic argument aside, would mean they would have to find a replacement for the stage hazard Goombas.

I think the next Toad in line for MK is Toadsworth, personally.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Mcmadness said:
E.Gadd
Captain Toad
Bowser jr
Goomba
E. Gadd and Bowser Jr. are good choices, but Captain Toad would be redundant with Toad there (he could replace Toad though), and Goomba, my generic argument aside, would mean they would have to find a replacement for the stage hazard Goombas.

I think the next Toad in line for MK is Toadsworth, personally.

Tanooki Mario would be redundant with Mario here.

Considering I'm indifferent about tanooki mario and cat peach I don't really care if toad makes it feel redundant.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Mcmadness said:
E.Gadd
Captain Toad
Bowser jr
Goomba
not really

who says a goomba cant drive while others are stage hazards

Back