For everything Bowser

How about the fact that in 3D World he looks like a weird cat? I definitely cannot take that seriously

Mcmadness said:
I don't see invading a foreign land and imprisoning its rulers as mere mischief, even if its somewhat goofy in presentation.
It sounds overly grimdark but I think Bowser's just the type who loves intimidating and abusing his power because he's just a ridiculous bad guy.

Mario Party X said:
It sounds overly grimdark but I think Bowser's just the type who loves intimidating and abusing his power because he's just a ridiculous bad guy.

He's greedy and power hungry, he's a tyrant, an egomaniac with delusions of grandeur who loves what he does, even when others suffer for it.

Meta Blastoise said:
How about the fact that in 3D World he looks like a weird cat? I definitely cannot take that seriously

You would if he clawed you :P

I agree with lgm and ftg. I think if Bowser wanted to kill Mario, he would have in The Lost Levels. If he was trying to kill Mario, that would mean he's incredibly pathetic. Can you really call yourself a threat when you can't even defeat a regular guy?

Magikrazy said:
I agree with lgm and ftg. I think if Bowser wanted to kill Mario, he would have in The Lost Levels. If he was trying to kill Mario, that would mean he's incredibly pathetic. Can you really call yourself a threat when you can't even defeat a regular guy?

The lost levels? What specifically happened there? Also the series has made a point to emphasise that Mario, even within this series is hardly a regular guy.

The Lost Levels was the second quest. I feel Bowser was maybe going easy on him the first game because he was just a plumber and he thought he could defeat him easily. However, Mario beat him. This is where I think Bowser decided "hey this guy could make a good enemy we should battle more often maybe we can go kart racing next thursday".

And yes, despite being athletic, Mario is a regular guy. He doesn't have superpowers; the mushrooms flowers and suits give him powers. Before those, he needed a hammer to fight back.

Except that Mario kart didn't exist then. Plus thats all based on quite a lot of assumptions.

The suits give Mario powers sure but its still his athletic ability and his skill at using those suits that make him well, super. He isn't just another guy, he's like the superman of the mushroom kingdom.

Mcmadness said:
Except that Mario kart didn't exist then. Plus thats all based on quite a lot of assumptions.

The suits give Mario powers sure but its still his athletic ability and his skill at using those suits that make him well, super. He isn't just another guy, he's like the superman of the mushroom kingdom.
Yeah, Mario is not "normal". Why do people always depend on him if he's always the one to save the kingdom? He's a nice, dependable guy who has certain abilities.

Mario's a super guy. Fights goombas and koopas and doesn't afraid of anything.

Indeed.

I still say it was Peach who put the bombs there in those arenas.

I think Bowser put it there because he thinks they look cool.

Mario Party X said:
I think Bowser put it there because he thinks they look cool.

I think Peach put them there because she leaves a sign specifically telling Mario about them.

I prefer that idea as it makes Peach seem a bit resourceful, even while imprisoned.

Poorly explained magic powers but she does have em.

So with the recent mini game footage of Mario Party 10, we now have confirmation that at one point you'll fight Bowser in a tank. So out of boredom I've decided to list all the vehicles Bowser has used over the years. Feel free to add any that I've missed

Koopa Clown Car
The Bowsermobile from 3D World
That new Bowser tank.
The spaceship from Mario Party 2
His custom vehicle for the car combat thing in Mario Party 5
Various Go karts
Flame Runner
Flame Flyer
Hurricane
The Tyrant
The Koopa king
Koopa Clown (MK7)
Landship

I'm sure I missed some.

Not a mechanical object, but a vehicle in a sense that it allowed Bowser to fly: The Dream Stone.

On the topic of Bowser's vehicles, I really wish he himself would use the Clown Car again. Maybe have another fight like in Super Mario World, that would be cool.

Bowser jr is their go to guy for the KCC these days. It would be amusing if you fought both of them in their cars at the sametime.

He used it in NSMBWii. Besides slightly different name but still the same idea. Any of jr's fights could have easily been attributed to Bowser.

The car was never named so I just call it the Bowsermobile

Back