We got the first snowfall today...

My weather is.... That's right it's still raining and wet outside. It stops then rains again before even getting a chance to recover.

I thought we were getting like 3 inches of snow, but we got rain. I think Port Jervis, NY got like 8 inches.

Magikrazy said:
Lakituthequick said:
Snowfall?

Last weekend two warmth records where broken over here.
rub it in you flying dutchman
8)

Ah, don't worry, windscreen scrapping has started here in the meantime.

i got over 110 inches of snow last winter. they're forecasting about 50 inches this year, and we haven't gotten any yet.

Is because the government does'nt care about global climate change

Our winds got waaaay stronger than it was supposed to, normally it is at 20mph, now it was at 80mph and the temperature dropped to 20°. I'm not so sure about this year's snowfall.

We could start having snow in Jamuary, but it's possible we won't get any after the past 2 some years we got a lot of snow.

I hope it snows where i live this year, hasn't snowed properly since 2012.

I'm supposed to live in the frozen north yet there has been no snow. I doubt that's going to change, even when December decides to visit. Although it has been rather cold recently, I seriously doubt Göteborg is going to be filled with anything but sleet during December, as it usually is. Can't ever stop being Little London, I guess.

i live in the north which is famous for being cold but nope seems like literally everywhere else is getting the snow this year >:I

Nozomi Toujou said:
It's hailing. Very small hail though.
It seemed more like snow to me, but really dense like hail. Graupel, perhaps?

(Tho I personally think "snail" would be a much better and more whimsical name for snow-hail hybrid precipitation: I mean, who wouldn't want to be snailed on? Or get caught in a snailstorm and have to take your car in for snail damage? Or shovel snail off the sidewalk before some old lady slips and sues you for trying to kill her with your wanton snaildrifts? Boring people, that's who.)

Nozomi Toujou said:
It's hailing. Very small hail though.
Hail falls only from cumulonimbus clouds. Yes, those are thunder clouds. People seem oddly surprised to have hail in the summer when that time of the year (for them at least) is ripe for thunderstorms. But anyway, hail, snow, and sleet are a few very different kinds of precipitation and form in completely different ways; Pokemon got it really wrong there.

Back