The Official Music Thread

well since you're late to the party

greendisaster already won that thing

Hey I know I'm not hugely into alot of bands or singers. But there was one band I really liked that I first went into when I was in Middle School. That was Linkin Park. Sometime after the Minutes to Midnight album released I just kinda stopped listening to them. Like even years later. Well today I finally caught up to all the new music they've made.

After listening to most of Thousand Suns, I'm kinda glad I did that because there were only a few tracks (Black Out and Wretches and Kings) that I really liked. The rest were ok or meh. I got worried that Linkin Park kinda lost it's ground. There were some ok or meh tracks in Minutes and Midnight too. But when I got to Living Things the album they released more recently, I found some good tracks that seemed like to me that the band was back to what I loved in Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Which made me pretty happy.

Here's a list of Linkin Park songs I officially enjoy

PRE-HYBRID THEORY
Fuse
Carousel
Step Up
And One
Part of Me
Ambient
Stick 'N Move

HYBRID THEORY
Papercut
One Step Closer
Points of Authority
Crawling
By Myself
In the End
Cure for the Itch
Pushing Me Away

METEORA
Don't Stay
Somewhere I Belong
Lying from You
Easier to Run
Faint
Figure.09
Breaking the Habit
From the Inside
Nobody's Listening
Session
Numb

???
My December

MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT
Given Up
Bleed it Out
What I've Done
Hands Held High
No More Sorrow

A THOUSAND SUNS
Blackout
Wretches and Kings

???
New Divide

LIVING THINGS
Lost in the Echo
In my Remains
Lies Greed Misery
I'll Be Gone
Skin to Bone
Until it Breaks
Tinfoil
Powerless

As you can see Meteora is still my favorite overall. But Hybrid Theory and Living Things at least have a majority I like

The Hybrid Theory-era songs were a lot catchier but the Thousand Suns-era songs were a lot more interesting (like the ones that used vocoder). The lyrics were kinda cringeworthy throughout their entire career, though.

I don't think it's a secret I utterly despise Linkin Park and others of their phony heavy metal ilk, but for my good friend Scarecrow I'll leave my comment at that.

Linkin Park's bascially the only band I've ever been huge into. And I don't think that will ever change. What's kinda funny is that I'm far from the stereotype of a fan of theirs. Since most seem to deem Linkin Park fans as emos or goths it seems. When I'm a generally happy and mellow guy.

There are some amazing musicians on YouTube that deserve more love, such as Max Schneider, Sam Tsui, Kurt Hugo Schneider, Victoria Justice, Christina Grimmie, Nick Pitera...

Nathan Drake said:
Anyone got the chance to listen to The Killer's new album "Battle Born"?

I could've bought it for £10 last weekend, but to make the most of my money and rage at not being able to acquire SOAD's Toxicity album at yet another HMV, I bought Rammstein's Reise, Reise; Foo Fighters' Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace; and Elbow's The Seldom Seen Kid for £22 total. 3 HMV stores all out of stock of that one album though. Infuriating yet testament to its [the album] popularity I guess.

So now my CD collection is:
  • John Williams - Star Wars Episode III
  • 30 Seconds to Mars - This Is War
  • Serj Tankian - Harakiri
  • Metallica - Ride the Lightning
  • Meat Loaf - Bat Out of Hell II
  • Zelda 25th Anniversary Orchestra CD
  • Deathsmiles Original Soundtrack
  • Rammstein - Reise, Reise
  • Elbow - The Seldom Seen Kid
  • Foo Fighters - Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace

Also looking out for a few other CDs such as Mark Mancina & Trevor Rabin - Con Air Original Motion Picture Soundtrack; Muse - The 2nd Law; Elbow - Build A Rocket Boys.

schmutz said:
GUYS
I'm listening to a stream of The 2nd Law

ASDF

This is fantastic.

Supremacy is bomb, Panic Station is funky, Madness is kinda chill...
I really liked Supremacy, Animals and Explorers. I honestly don't know why they chose Madness to be the lead single, IMO, most of the other songs are better.

Nathan Drake said:
Anyone got the chance to listen to The Killer's new album "Battle Born"?
I have. From discussing it with my friends, everyone's opinion on it depended on what they think is their best album. Those who thought it was Day & Age found it kinda boring, but the ones that thought it was Sam's Town really liked it (me). To me it was like a mix between Hot Fuss and Sam's Town.

schmutz said:
GUYS
I'm listening to a stream of The 2nd Law

ASDF

This is fantastic.

Supremacy is bomb, Panic Station is funky, Madness is kinda chill...

I think Panic Station is my favorite off the album. Supremacy and Madness are also goodies.

tucayo said:
I have. From discussing it with my friends, everyone's opinion on it depended on what they think is their best album. Those who thought it was Day & Age found it kinda boring, but the ones that thought it was Sam's Town really liked it (me). To me it was like a mix between Hot Fuss and Sam's Town.

Heh, well I'd have to say Sam's Town and Day & Age are my favorites and found the album alright, not the best from The Killers in my opinion, but still worth a listen to.

I love Linkin park ive been a fan for ages my favourite songs from each album

Hybrid theory:
Points of authority
in the end
Papercut
one step closer

meteora
Numb
Breaking the habit
from the inside
nobodys listening

Minutes to midnight
Given up
no more sorrow
bleed it out
what ive done

A Thousand suns
The catalyst
blackout
waiting for end

Living things
Castle of glass
Burn it down
Powerless
Lost in the echo
Lies greed misery

tucayo said:
I'm listening to Green Day's ¡Uno! and so far it has been kinda disappointing.

Eh. After hearing Oh Love's repetitive drone I'm a bit scared to listen to the rest of the album.

Hey we're the NocturnalZ, a dj/prod duo from nyc. We decided to pay tribute to nintendo's super mario series with a free release inspired from an origninal Super Mario Land song. The track has all sorts of elements form electronic dance music including trance, electro, and dubstep. We included samples from lots of different games including Mario Kart, Super Mario Bros., Super Mario 64, and others. Hope everyone enjoys, we appreciate all feedback!

Free Download: http://soundcloud.com/nocturnals/nocturnalz-sky-level-original

So around about three weeks ago, I found a live Stream of Muse's The 2nd Law album. Originally I'd have to have access to a PC to listen to it, which got boring after a while, but I couldn't get enough of the new album. So when the day came that the album was finally released in shops, I rushed down to Sainsbury's as fast as I could and bought a copy of the album.

Now my headphones are glued to my ears.

Also, first post in this thread, hooray.

Back