The Official Music Thread

Egg Neu Yung said:
Does anyone else have a collection of video game music? I'm just wondering if I'm the only one on the forums who's building up their collection. :P

272009110516pmqg9.png

Do I see Team Fortress 2 on there?

You are a God, sir.

Wait, having anything to do with TF2 makes you a god?

wtf man.

Well, from what I've heard from him, he only plays as the spy.

I also think I will mention the other band that I recently found and who is incredible.

Hot Chip.

But all of you will see my post and go, "Oh, look, that crazy kid posted another crazy band. I think I will skip this post." Maybe you will not think that exactly, but something similar will go through your head.

Bloc Partier said:
I also think I will mention the other band that I recently found and who is incredible.

Hot Chip.

But all of you will see my post and go, "Oh, look, that crazy kid posted another crazy band. I think I will skip this post." Maybe you will not think that exactly, but something similar will go through your head.
I've heard some of their stuff. They're not my favorite band, but they're pretty damn good.

Stooben Rooben said:
Bloc Partier said:

Hot Chip.

I've heard some of their stuff. They're not my favorite band, but they're pretty damn good.
"Careful" is probably one of my favorite songs ever. :D

Bloc Partier said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Bloc Partier said:

Hot Chip.

"Careful" is probably one of my favorite songs ever. :D
Hey, that one's pretty awesome. I'll definitely be adding that to my next CD set.

A music topic dieing? BLASPHEMY! I will not let something like that happen again!

Anyway, a few musical notes;

Grunge is one of the best musical genres ever created, followed very closely by alternative rock and garage rock.

Indie rock artists and groups are the only original artists of the 21st century. Everything else is either crap or rip-offs of bands from the mid-90s prior.

Thrash metal is definitely NOT a type of extreme metal.

It's a fact that most video game fans who grow obsessed with the internet are musically inept. Which is probably why this topic died.

Contemporary pop - or teen pop - is total sh-t. Britney Spears and Backstreet Boys totally KILLED what used to be good music. I miss the good ol' days of Michael Jackson, Madonna, Lionel Richie, Janet Jackson, and Tina Turner...

It's a fact that most musically inept nerds naturally assume they hate heavy metal even if they haven't listened to any metal music.

That's all I've got at the moment.

Brie Loader said:
Before someone finds the "/" key and puts down "</opinion>", I'd like to say I really like techno.
Not too big on techno. I don't hate it, but I'm not a fan either.

Electronic (and yes, it IS different) is pretty catchy, tho.

Brie Loader said:
Music has too many different words for things that are the same.
Er, electronic IS a different genre from techno.

I don't know any techno examples, but Madonna's "Ray of Light" is a good example of electronic.

Brie Loader said:
When I say "techno", I really just mean any beep-ey electric sounding stuff(none of that sh*t with lyrics or recognizable instruments).
Fair enough.

If you want to be a super music freak (such as myself), it's normally necessary to use genre names in the proper context... If that makes sense.

For instance, most people would say 'Electronic' or 'Techno' as an all-around term for genres like;
Synthpop
Techno
Electronic
Electropop
Dance
8-Bit

But a music freak would use each individual genre when describing a style of music rather than just using an all-around term.

...That was hard to explain, so I hope you understood that.

OK than.

On a related note, Nine Inch Nails are a good industrial rock group; Industrial is a style of electronic music, and we all know what rock is. So you might like their work.

Night Ranger said:
Grunge is one of the best musical genres ever created, followed very closely by alternative rock and garage rock.
Jazz is not amused.

$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:
Night Ranger said:
Jazz is not amused.
Remember, I'm a rock kid, not a jazz kid. Not to say jazz isn't good.

I still prefer jazz fusion over standard jazz, tho.

Back