Lady bugs..

I've researched the thought of poisonous ladybugs online, there's no such thing as a poisonous ladybug to humans, though brighter ones are more toxic...but they'll have adverse effects to only smaller animals. However they are foul-tasting to humans, should you eat one.

Dr. Mario said:
Eh, I find impaling more unnecessary brutal than squishing or swatting them.

Also, where did you get the idea that yellow ladybugs with black spots are poisonous? Unless you eat them, I guess. They're no poison dart frogs.
it was kinda accidental. I wanted to scare it away, or at least flick it off the table, but it just happened. also, they aren't? people have been telling me that for the longest time... it appears i have been lied to.

Blow them off the table? I like doing that.

And that's why you need to view things like that critically. For me, this is the first time I've heard people think ladybugs are dangerous to humans. Really, if their poison was extremely prolific like, a poison dart frog or a black widow (even the harmless common cellar spider, which have been the subject of poison myths), I'd know about it... eh?

I've heard stupider things from people.

Like they think ladybugs pee on people when it's actually their breaking their joints and bleeding, the number of spots tells a ladybug's age, and several other stupid things. I used to think ladybugs pee, but I was a child.

Besides you REALLY have to piss ladybugs off for them to bite you. They're not aggressive insects who would like to attack you.

Quite often, there's always been a group of five or so flies flying around the exact same area in my dining room - just under the chandelier. Whenever they're there, it's always at least four, and they're always only flying in this small area directly underneath it. I'm not sure why they're doing that. It's kinda weird.

Our house is light colored and faces the west so swarms of them gather on our front porch during a certain season. It's beyond annoying. Also, aren't their blood acidic or something?

i havent seen ladybugs in years, although judging from this topic and its posts they're quite annoying and perhaps even formidable.

Although i hate all bugs, they need to die.

Zae Eildus said:
they're quite annoying and perhaps even formidable.

they're neither of those things whatsoever, people just get really emotional about bugs

all they do is wander around plants, eat smaller bugs and fly around.

sometimes they land on you somewhere and you can flick them off, or in a lot of cases they fly off themselves

Olivia said:
I will remind you that some ladybugs are poisonous.
Don't eat them then lol

BEEEEEAAARRRS said:
Zae Eildus said:
they're quite annoying and perhaps even formidable.

they're neither of those things whatsoever, people just get really emotional about bugs

all they do is wander around plants, eat smaller bugs and fly around.

sometimes they land on you somewhere and you can flick them off, or in a lot of cases they fly off themselves

oh okay, so as compared to some other bugs they're really not that bad.

Or cardinal spiders or black widows or even honeybees.

Ladybugs are cute. Same goes for pill bugs and tiny jumping spiders. :D

well, i found one of the ladybugs that disappeared from the ceiling the other day

went to visit the school, it fell on my eyeball
fun

Stargazing said:
well, i found one of the ladybugs that disappeared from the ceiling the other day

fun
pfffffffffff bahahaahahaha

what happened afterwards?

Sylveon said:
Stargazing said:

fun

i freaked out and fell over backwards

i scared it so much it flew away

BEEEEEAAARRRS said:
people having problems with honey bees irks me too

it's not bees that go out of their ways to be pricks its wasps

we need bees or we're gonna die
Not all wasps are like that. Paper wasps are really common around here, but they are far from aggressive. But they look scary.

I admit, I'm a bit scared of honeybees. I might accidentally swat one or annoy one. I'm scared of that.

Stargazing said:
Sylveon said:
Stargazing said:

fun

i freaked out and fell over backwards

i scared it so much it flew away
I see.

now is this legit information that ladybugs are sentient and can plan stuff.

Birdo said:
they're just fucking insects get a grip everyone

you seem to be forgetting that a lot of insects are quite dangerous and quite annoying.

GalacticPetey said:
Zae Eildus said:
Birdo said:
they're just fucking insects get a grip everyone

you seem to be forgetting that a lot of insects are quite dangerous and quite annoying.
But Lady bugs aren't.

you're late.

and besides i was referring to more than just lady bugs.

Back