For everything Wario

It's all subjective.

That can only go so far, seriously, the guy was so bland that for YEARS I never even realized he was on the front cover of super mario land.

As I said, it's all subjective.

I don't think it's fair calling Tatanga bland because I don't think he has gotten the opportunity to expand his character.

I know that, but even then he's STILL bland. He's just a generic alien in a space ship, Bowser in his debut had the personality of burnt toast but at least he had the whole, fire breathing turtle ox king thing working for him.

Again, your opinion is subjective. Giant fire breathing reptilian things don't really interest me. Hell, Snake is all like, "Looks like a cheap movie monster."

So yeah.

I'd like Tatanga to see more things going for him, even if his design is a tad simplistic. Even then, I'd like to think his machines can make up for it.

Dr. Mario said:
Again, your opinion is subjective. Giant fire breathing reptilian things don't really interest me. Hell, Snake is all like, "Looks like a cheap movie monster."

So yeah.

I'd like Tatanga to see more things going for him, even if his design is a tad simplistic. Even then, I'd like to think his machines can make up for it.

Its not about what is appealing its about what is unique in design, and like him or hate him or indifferent about him Bowser is by far the most unique designed villain in the series, Tatanga is so bland they'd basically have to re-design him from the ground up, to which I say why bother? Partners in time gave us far superior aliens anyhow.

I actually prefer the Shroobs, but we can have one more alien going around here. I think the appeal of Tatanga is not the design of himself, but rather, when he's piloting his machines.

Saying that Bowser is most unique-designed villain in the series is a bit stretching it, especially how it all boils down to simply taste. Although I don't really have a favorite villain (there's not much to choose from the games I play anyway; I hate Donkey Kong, I hate Wario, Bowser is meh, the Koopalings suck, Dimentio is eh, Fawful is bleh, King K. Rool and Shroobs are good, but I wouldn't say they're my favorite). I guess Wingo is the only villain that I really like so far, but I have a thing for nonugly birds.

Which Bowser jr does better anyhow.

And its really not stretching it. Its not about opinion or taste its the simple truth, tatanga is bland and uninspired (which is why he was demoted to henchman in land 2) and Bowser is while obviously taking inspiration from various well known things comes together all its own to create something that you'll be hardened to find anywhere else.

Bowser Jr. does have a few dorky-looking machines, so that's brings down the score, in my opinion.

Eh, that's where I disagree. I don't think Tatanga was demoted to "henchman" because he was bland and uninspired. There was another villain, Wario, that is revealed to be simply using Tatanga. Bowser got inspiration from an anime adoption of a Chinese novel (the ox) and was the result from Miyamoto and Kotabe talking about the design, I guess. That's good. Oh, and a Korean dish is somehow involved in the mix.

Looks like Gamera to me!

You know as well as I do that he looks like Gamera as much as Tommy Lee Jones looks like Will Smith.

Also the whole Tatanga working for Wario thing is a fan theory you know.

Wario did take advantage of Mario's absence, though, using Tatanga intentionally or not.

And using pop culture references usually has little effect on me because of my EXPANSIVE knowledge of pop culture celebrities.

Sure, but the fact he was demoted as such and that Wario went onward shows me the devs didn't think much of the character.

And my celebrity thing was to emphasise the concept that the 2 are the same thing as in human, but both look drastically different and act drastically different.

I mean for one Gamera is the protagonist of his series.

GalacticPetey said:
The difference is Gamera looks cooler, has a more defined character, and stars in good movies.

Gamera: Friend to children, fights monsters to save the day

Bowser: Evil egotistical tyrant, wants to rule the world/universe, hates mario, loves peach.

Both seem pretty defined to me.

Have you watched the 90s Gamera trilogy? He forms a bond with this one girl over the three films and it really does a good job of humanizing Gamera. Personally, I think it makes him more defined than Bowser, but apples and oranges.The 90s Gamera movies are also some of the best Kaiju films ever made.

No, been meaning too though.

Either way, my original point was that the 2 are nothing alike and that Tatanga is dull, uninspired and best left forgotten.

You can find the blu-ray pack of all three at a lot of stores. When I went to G-Fest (a kaiju convention) they were showing a couple moves at the theater nearby. Got to watch the third movie on the big screen. Quite the experience.

But back on the subject of Wario, who do yu guys think would be best for a second Wario character in Smash?

Captain Syrup for me, though mostly due to me being ignorant of most warioware characters.

I think either Mona or Captain Syrup would be best for a Wario rep in Smash. Although I too am ignorant of the Wario series so that may change when I play a few of the games.

King Antasma said:
I think either Mona or Captain Syrup would be best for a Wario rep in Smash. Although I too am ignorant of the Wario series so that may change when I play a few of the games.

You should, you can get most of the notable ones on the wii u/3ds eshops

I want Ashley playable in a good game.

realk talk tho; Sewer Guru.

Back