Look at it! Look at it! LOOK AT IT!

LeftyGreenMario said:
I'll never understand the anatomical miracle of how they can get inside their shells when it looks like they just hold the shell on their backs.
Funnily enough, if you look at the Sprite Sheets (here's the one for Ludwig), you'll see that then the designer tried to explain that: the Koopas try to"squeeze" themselves so that the area of flesh between the belly plates and the rear shell is not exposed to the enemies. Then, we can talk about the number of plates increasing, but after all if the designers made the heads become smaller you cannot expect this from them:
turtskel.jpg

(although I think it would be cool if they tried to be more realistic, just for fun - by the way, the left turtle behaves like Bowser's species, the right one is a different way of retracting the head that from what I understand wouldn't fit how the Koopas retract their heads and limbs into the shell)

It doesn't make any sense that their belly plates just don't correspond to the plates in shell form. How exactly do they squeeze them? Are there invisible pores or something?

LeftyGreenMario said:
It doesn't make any sense that their belly plates just don't correspond to the plates in shell form. How exactly do they squeeze them? Are there invisible pores or something?
It should be something like when you retract your belly, since the rear shell is fixed, retracting the belly makes the belly plates be nearer to it, but in the end, I don't know if Nintendo ever thought about these areas of flesh...

Every incarnation of him for you is a punching bag, silly. ;P

This is pretty darn ugly, just like a lot of things in Super Mario Sunshine. But ugh, at least this isn't the same King Boo.

OH NO! I'M INEXPLICABLY INFLATING AGAIN!

LeftyGreenMario said:
This is pretty darn ugly, just like a lot of things in Super Mario Sunshine. But ugh, at least this isn't the same King Boo.

SuperMarioSunshine-HinoKuri.png

This thing that didn't even make it into the final game always came off as especially bizarre to me.

brobot if luigi isn't mr. l

The lack of Super Mario Land 2 references displeases me.

that level in mario's crotch has a bunch of balls

Back