Look at it! Look at it! LOOK AT IT!

Mcmadness said:
I would be amused by christmas related Mario things.
Well, we're a month early, but the corporations dgaf so it might as well be.

This isn't a bootleg either. I think it's a bunch of statues to promote 3D Land. I think Mario looks best.

I thought New Super Mario Bros. U models were just updated versions of New Super Mario Bros. Wii models and therefore looked quite nice, until...
T5t4895.jpg

Anyway, am i the only one who thinks that some TV Video game Magazine artworks, reused for the Encyclopedia, are somewhat off?
Bowser_jr_colouring_book.png

too much time on the Junior Clown Car?

Roy_colouring_book.png

What happened to his chin?

Wendy_colouring_book.png

Dat leg...

but the most disturbing artwork so far is...
Lemmy_colouring_book.png

Mister Wu said:

I don't think the 2D artworks are that bad though

But my god look at that rig on Iggy's right leg. Just....just look at it. It's clearly a sign of low poly models.

Mister Wu said:
Anyway, am i the only one who thinks that some TV Video game Magazine artworks, reused for the Encyclopedia, are somewhat off?
too much time on the Junior Clown Car?
Compared to what's in this thread, this is pretty tame stuff. I think Wendy is hideous no matter how Nintendo tries drawing her.

Mcmadness said:
https://yoshi turtle.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/h42.jpg

remove the gap between yoshi & turtle.
This is Metal Mario's effigy ready to be burned. :metal:

MIM_Cover.jpg

Why the hell is Mario drawn like he gained 50 pounds?

This game is a repository for horrendous sprite work. Look at Ludwig, what the hell happened to him!?

BowserMiSSNES.png
MIMSNESLudwigvonKoopaSprite.png
MIMPCKoopaTroopaSprite.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeKvjs2Bzf0

Wretched

Baby Luigi said:
I don't think the 2D artworks are that bad though
I don't think they are bad at all (how can someone consider them bad after the DIC cartoons??????), I just think there is something off with them, especially considering how awesome the Morton and Larry drawn by the same author are:

Morton_colouring_book.png

LarryKoopaArtwork.png

Other than that, that Larry Koopa of NSMBU has a "surprising" gaze to say the least, especially considering how he is in Mario Kart 8:

ego0US5.jpg

But since we are talking about Larry Koopa, let's just remind the true "alternative" versions of him:

SMB3LarryKoopaSprite.gif

SMWLarryKoopaSprite.png

SMWSMA2LarryKoopaSprite.png

HM_Larry.png

And since these are only sprites, in case you thought you could escape this so easily, let's have a look at DIC Larry 2.0:

CheatsySMW.jpg

Not even the color of the hair...

Dubble posting's frowned upon here, I suggest you edit your post instead or wait for another doofus to post like me.

Anyway Larry's older sprites barely look anything like him. The Dream Team, Superstar Saga, and Super Princess Peach sprites all look good. Well, it's just like how older Mario sprites look barely anything like Mario.

Mister Wu said:
But since we are talking about Larry Koopa, let's just remind the true "alternative" versions of him:

SMB3LarryKoopaSprite.gif

SMWLarryKoopaSprite.png

SMWSMA2LarryKoopaSprite.png

HM_Larry.png

Yeah, his sprites are pretty ugly, but I guess it still looks like him. Super Mario Bros. 3 is the least of the evils.

Mister Wu said:
And since these are only sprites, in case you thought you could escape this so easily, let's have a look at DIC Larry 2.0:

CheatsySMW.jpg

Not even the color of the hair...

I am the Emperor of Erroneously-colored Hair!

I think Meowser is hideous.

Cat_Bowser.png

I also think it would've been funnier if he were a dog.

I think Meowser is hilarious.

Though I am curious what other suits would do to him.

bowser-500x500.jpg

Like that.

Dr. Mario said:
I think Meowser is hideous.

Cat_Bowser.png

I also think it would've been funnier if he were a dog.
While I think a dog wouldn't have been fitting since it is a Super Bell he's wearing, the only curious thing is that while the other characters actually wear a real catsuit:

Marioyoshihotcold.png

Bowser looks more like he really transform in a half-cat half-turtle monster.

Mcmadness said:
I think Meowser is hilarious.

Though I am curious what other suits would do to him.

bowser-500x500.jpg

Like that.
My first comment would be, "Wow, they look fat". Well, we already got a hint of it in the form of false Bowsers in 3D Land. I suppose a Tanooki Bowser would be something like in the Mario cartoon or heaven forbid, Super Mario-Kun/Manga Adventures.

Mister Wu said:
While I think a dog wouldn't have been fitting since it is a Super Bell he's wearing, the only curious thing is that while the other characters actually wear a real catsuit:

Marioyoshihotcold.png

Bowser looks more like he really transform in a half-cat half-turtle monster.
That's probably because his head and body don't look like they're covered, compared to Mario and his cronies. I don't think a body covering is something that will look good on Bowser, and Bowser looks more menacing, but still ridiculous enough.

Maybe, but the false Bowsers were just that, false. We never did see the genuine article use them.

I think he looks dorky. I'd laugh at him.

Back