Look at it! Look at it! LOOK AT IT!

Oh dear God, why has Mario been possessed by a Country Bear?

You know, there are many things I wanted to see in my life.

200px-MamaKoopa.jpg

King Koopa's mom wasn't one of those things.

Those look perfectly fine to me. What's putrid is this:
MiMDOSLudwig.png

Granted, this was from the game where that now-dead meme "Weegee" originated, so it's no surprise.
In the NES version, Bowser looked like this:
BowserMiM2.png

Yes, that's an edited Lemmy head on a Morton/Roy/Ludwig body. When he goes in his shell, it's a poor SMW Troopa shell edit, and then he comes out a quadrupedal Beach Koopa. Troopa.

But wait! There's more!

In the NES Mario's Time Machine, Bowser looks about like he did in SMB3. A look through the tile graphics, however, reveals that was a contingency plan for how horrible their original graphics were:
19408.png

I loved the little Super Circuit track preview scenery. They were full of personality and charm.

My favorite?

LakesidePark.png

I adore Lakeside Park though. So much fun to race on.

It's great, nice atmosphere, neat music....then if you're at the higher engine class you easily get knocked into that trick bounce thing that sends you back quite a bit. It's like the original Wario Stadium, but even less forgiving.

(On a side note, I'd love to see how that would be implemented as a retro course, particularly with the "who cares what this was lol" approach MK8 had to SS tracks....)

Doc von Schmeltwick said:
Those look perfectly fine to me. What's putrid is this:
MiMDOSLudwig.png

Granted, this was from the game where that now-dead meme "Weegee" originated, so it's no surprise.
In the NES version, Bowser looked like this:
BowserMiM2.png

Yes, that's an edited Lemmy head on a Morton/Roy/Ludwig body. When he goes in his shell, it's a poor SMW Troopa shell edit, and then he comes out a quadrupedal Beach Koopa. Troopa.

But wait! There's more!

In the NES Mario's Time Machine, Bowser looks about like he did in SMB3. A look through the tile graphics, however, reveals that was a contingency plan for how horrible their original graphics were:
19408.png
Almost looks like King Koopa from the Mario cartoon.
And no mention of Bowser, who has and long(er) flowing mane and tail that is part of his shell (which Luigi pulls off) in the PC version?
MiM_DOS_Bowser.png

Also the wiki choose a really unfortunate sprite to represent the Koopa Troopas.
MIMPCKoopaTroopaSprite.png

ThatGuy62 said:
And no mention of Bowser, who has and long(er) flowing mane and tail that is part of his shell (which Luigi pulls off) in the PC version?
MiM_DOS_Bowser.png
Eh, Boozuh's not so bad. Off-model, but not to the same extent.

The absolute most haunting thing from PC MiM?

iu

(Sorry, only thing I could find was this .jpg, but that just makes it creepier.)​

Mcmadness said:
If Luigi could stop checking me out that would be much appreciated.
Can you blame him, though?

Doc von Schmeltwick said:
ElmStreetTunnel.jpg
Infernum.jpg

Sorry "Princess Mario," but my Mario-in-a-dress is prettier than yours.

Also I swear Chuckie's showing some Oogtar genetics.
Can I get a better picture? This isn't ugly, this is great.

For some reason, Wario seems less gross to me.

Back