What year did YOU join the Super Mario Wiki?

What year did u join the Super Mario Wiki?

Votes: 2 2.2%

Votes: 3 3.3%

Votes: 13 14.4%

Votes: 4 4.4%

Votes: 11 12.2%

Votes: 10 11.1%

Votes: 10 11.1%

Votes: 5 5.6%

Votes: 13 14.4%

Votes: 15 16.7%

Votes: 4 4.4%

• Total voters
I'm surprised how many of our users are... new. Granted, I'm from 2009, so I don't exactly have bragging rights when it comes to seniority, but there's a surprising amount of 2013 people here.

Shulk said:
I'm surprised how many of our users are... new. Granted, I'm from 2009, so I don't exactly have bragging rights when it comes to seniority, but there's a surprising amount of 2013 people here.

I'm pretty surprised too, though I consider myself a sorta veteran user.

Shulk said:
Not my fault I didn't discover it sooner.
Same with just about everyone else

I've discovered the wiki when it was still using creative headers for game titles in character articles. Those were always fun lol.

So I've been lurking around there until Featured Images were conceived.

Rosalina and Luma said:
That's another thing; there are some people here like Stargazing that I don't think twice about seeing here, and then I find out they got here last year and I'm like how am i so much older than you.

Oohh, I wish I were around for those.

I discovered the wiki itself when I was 10, but I was like "wahhh I probably have to be 13 to add stuff" and I just lurked around and forgot about it for a year before checking on it regularly for information.

I joined both when I was 12.

Shulk said:
Rosalina and Luma said:
That's another thing; there are some people here like Stargazing that I don't think twice about seeing here, and then I find out they got here last year and I'm like how am i so much older than you.
I seem older because I though writing like you would make me seem cool. I was also in a time where I was hated by half my grade (I still am, but back then it was more harsh), so being cool really mattered.

Then again, I took a break and changed my outlook on everything when I came back. I also changed my username because my old one was crappy :P (it was thatmariochick... yeah we're the same person go figure)

I understand; I took a six month break and then popped in with a new name because I figured nobody would remember me and I wanted a "fresh start", so to speak

A couple of years later, I turned into a horse. And this is why I have three names.

Shulk said:
I understand; I took a six month break and then popped in with a new name because I figured nobody would remember me and I wanted a "fresh start", so to speak

A couple of years later, I turned into a horse.

I'll always know you by Reversinator and I always remembered you, even while you're gone :|

joined the wiki in April 2013
"promoted" to autopatrol in July 2013
joined the forums in July 2013
'shroom staff in December-January
achieved title of supreme rhythm heaven fan 2014
promoted to toad representative of the mariowiki government panel 2016
account utterly destroyed in the great marioboards snafu of 2021

Shulk said:

A couple of years later, I turned into a horse.
The reason I took a brake is because I got too addicted and stayed off for a week, and I guess I forgot to go back on. After I got back on I was like "OMG, I was an idiot" and that's my story.

What do you mean a horse?

Also, I've called you Time Turner on the wiki and forums and Reverse on EpicMafia and other games. That's it. I accosiate people with one name all the time (maybe another, depending on website), even if it's not their user.

Game Boy Toadvance said:
joined the wiki in April 2013
"promoted" to autopatrol in July 2013
joined the forums in July 2013
'shroom staff in December-January
achieved title of supreme rhythm heaven fan 2014
promoted to toad representative of the mariowiki government panel 2016
account utterly destroyed in the great marioboards snafu of 2021
Oh wow, I honestly thought you joined way earlier. We joined the forums around the same time.

EDIT: You joined 1 day before I did. Oh um...

i don't even understand my beliefs at this point
to me, anyone who i've not seen join with a higher post count or different coloured stars joined at least a year earlier than i

Joined the wiki June 11, 2011.

And since most of everyone else is listing their other important dates:
Became autopatrolled July 4, 2012.
Joined the boards December 9, 2012.
Promoted to Patroller February 4, 2013.
Promoted to Sysop July 29, 2014.

Rosalina and Luma said:
EDIT: You joined 1 day before I did.
huh wow I did too

ik49VlPshlPIz.gif

Joined the wiki: 8 March 2008
Joined the forum: 22 June 2009

Promoted to Patroller: 29 July 2009
Resigned from Patroller: 1 August 2009
Promoted to Patroller: 6 October 2009
Promoted to Sysop: 29 June 2010
Resigned (to autopatrolled): 11 March 2013

Rosalina and Luma said:

I discovered the wiki itself when I was 10, but I was like "wahhh I probably have to be 13 to add stuff" and I just lurked around and forgot about it for a year before checking on it regularly for information.
I originally didn't join the wiki because I thought I'd have to pay for an account :P

Duke Devlin said:
Rosalina and Luma said:

I originally didn't join the wiki because I thought I'd have to pay for an account :P
My mom wanted to lure me away from it because she wanted me to stop obsessing over video games, saying you needed a monthly fee to join. Since I'm growing up in a technological age, I knew that was false :P She doesn't know I use this, she probably thinks the marioboards shortcut is for my brother or something.

Ah, good times.

Rosalina and Luma said:
Duke Devlin said:
Rosalina and Luma said:

My mom wanted to lure me away from it because she wanted me to stop obsessing over video games, saying you needed a monthly fee to join. Since I'm growing up in a technological age, I knew that was false :P She doesn't know I use this, she probably thinks the marioboards shortcut is for my brother or something.

Ah, good times.
My parents don't care if I'm on this, mostly my Dad.

Actually I think the person closest to me is Ltq who joined like

7 days before me or something

i noticed that while going through the list lol

June 5 2011 after browsing the wiki for over two years.

Dr. John H. Watson said:
Actually I think the person closest to me is Ltq who joined like

7 days before me or something

i noticed that while going through the list lol
Mine is.... GBAToad (The same day)

Back