Things in the Mario series that made you upset/disappointed

yoshiking14x said:
Gabumon said:
Every Villain Is Lemon?
What does that supposed to mean?
XLvsUEx.gif

Mcmadness said:
Mother 3 to be specific, just take the n off of sign.

And yes I do love the character interaction, I maybe opposed to a larger emphasis on a storyline but characters interacting and showing personality is A-ok with me.

Like Luigi's mansion dark moon, simple basic story but plenty of amusing interactions between the characters.
And interactions is what we need more of.

Like, maybe characters should get character-specific quotes. In Mario Kart 8, say, if Wario loses to Mario, he will say only one quote, "Mario... I hate you..." along with his other generic losing noises, or Mario can say while he's murdering Wario with a bob-omb "I hope you're having a blast, Wario! Heehee!"

Donatello said:
Also Waluigi's a hideous mutant. At least Daisy's easy on the eyes. And has a personality.

Daisy is a mutant. She has three eyes.

My complaint about the Mario series right now is that Bowser Jr. is slowly getting phased out by the Koopalings.

Watched the Squirt bossfight from DKC3. That looked disappointing.

Marth said:
Donatello said:
Also Waluigi's a hideous mutant. At least Daisy's easy on the eyes. And has a personality.

Daisy is a mutant. She has three eyes.

My complaint about the Mario series right now is that Bowser Jr. is slowly getting phased out by the Koopalings.
No worries. Boom Boom had appeared in both 3d Land and 3d World and Bowser Jr. still appears in other games, things get worse if he does not appear for more than a year.

- they didn't make a golf game for 10 years, but that doesn't matter, we have World Tour
- new character/enemy design is too complicated, can't they make simple stuff like they used to (goombas, koopas, etc)
- Super Mario Galaxy 2 didn't have a very good plot
- It bugs me that with Super Mario 3D land (easily my least favorite Mario platformer, BTW) Nintendo decides to change the name of 'Raccoon Mario' to 'Tanooki Mario' and 'Tanooki Mario' to 'Statue Mario'

Mcmadness said:
5.King Boo's trophy in smash 3ds

What about King Boo's trophy disappoints you, it looks like an average trophy to me? Not disagreeing with you since I don't have an opinion, just curious.

kat-rin koopa said:
Mcmadness said:

What about King Boo's trophy disappoints you, it looks like an average trophy to me? Not disagreeing with you since I don't have an opinion, just curious.

Its the lame king boo not the luigi's mansion version.

Mcmadness said:
kat-rin koopa said:
Mcmadness said:

Ah, i forgot King Boo has a different design there. Must be because most of my exposure to the character has been through the Mario and Sonic series where he has the trophy look.

Mcmadness said:
kat-rin koopa said:
Mcmadness said:

Really?

Well, fuck, one more trophy not to look forward to

I am rather sad that Yoshi never interacts with Rosalina in any way in the Super Mario titles. In fact, right now, the only time you can have Yoshi and Rosalina at the same place is at the Starship Mario, and even then, Rosalina is completely oblivious to Yoshi's presence.

MnSG said:
I am rather sad that Yoshi never interacts with Rosalina in any way in the Super Mario titles. In fact, right now, the only time you can have Yoshi and Rosalina at the same place is at the Starship Mario, and even then, Rosalina is completely oblivious to Yoshi's presence.

Mario doesn't even really interact with Yoshi at all

? Block said:
MnSG said:

Just like a man, all he wants is a ride, no desire for anything else.

MnSG said:
Some characters hadn't seen each other like maybe DK is never aware of Petey's presence in cutscenes of the spinoffs. I bet they hardly met each other.

Tatanga and Wart and other under used characters had never met most of the active ones.

? Block said:
MnSG said:

There was that one short gesture Mario made near the end of the Superstar Baseball opening where he made a "f*** yeah" fist to Yoshi, but that's the extent of Mario-Yoshi interaction.

Dr. Mario said:
There was that one short gesture Mario made near the end of the Superstar Baseball opening where he made a "f*** yeah" fist to Yoshi, but that's the extent of Mario-Yoshi interaction.

Actually, I'm sad that none of the characters really ever interact with each other outside of Mario/Bowser, Mario/Luigi, Mario/Peach, Luigi/Peach and Luigi/Bowser.

Lumastar said:
I was disappointed by the small roster in Mario Sports Mix.

I also found it dumb how Miis were the only playable characters in Solo Mode in Fortune Street.

Finally, Waluigi should have a bigger role.

Miis aren't even Mario characters to be there.

I support Waluigi's justice, lol.

All RPG characters seem insignificant to Nintendo, and all the decent villains were killed off, assuming Cackletta and Fawful are confirmed dead.

Plain Ol Giga12 said:
Dr. Mario said:

Actually, I'm sad that none of the characters really ever interact with each other outside of Mario/Bowser, Mario/Luigi, Mario/Peach, Luigi/Peach and Luigi/Bowser.
Luigi/King Boo, Mario/Wario, Luigi/Waluigi...

Yeah, but still. There aren't too many outer interactions besides one-time things

Super Smash Yoshi said:
All RPG characters seem insignificant to Nintendo, and all the decent villains were killed off, assuming Cackletta and Fawful are confirmed dead.

They are, besides it would just be beating a dead horse to bring them back.

Super Smash Yoshi said:
Antasma could of been pretty decent if they had chosen to use him right.

just watch someone bitch on me about bowser being superior

Back