Who do you main in Smash 4?

Re: Who are you going to main in Smash 4?

CategoryCharacters
MainPeach
SecondariesDark Pit, Palutena, Sonic
TertiariesLucina, Robin, Rosaluma
Use OccasionallyMario, Villager
Use RarelyEveryone Else

skulldug3 said:
Jiggly puff. To show the world that she isn't terrable!

I respect the Jiggz. Have done so ever since when I saw how she really wrecks Giga Bowser in Event 51 in Melee.

Though it helps that at least in Melee and in Smash 4. Jigglypuff ain't such a bad fighter.

Main: Yoshi
Secondaries: Bowser, Shulk, Pac-Man, Mr. T
Tertiaries: Mario, Little Mac, Bowser Jr, Dr. Mario, Lucina
The rest: The rest

I've started picking up Zero Suit Samus. She's really fun to use. I may main Mewtwo if he's actually good this time around.

S+ tier (main): Villager, Lucario
S tier (other favorites): Marth, Pac-Man, Ike, Shulk
A tier (really like): Bowser Jr., Little Mac, Fox, Pikachu, Falco, Captain Falcon
B tier (like): Wario, Mr. Game & Watch, Yoshi, Sonic, Toon Link Jigglypuff, R.O.B., Lucina, Kirby, Samus, Peach, Diddy Kong
C tier (ok): Greninja, Sheik, Pit, King Dedede, Ness, Meta Knight, Donkey Kong, Rosalina & Luma
D tier (don't like): Dark Pit, Palutena, Charizard, Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus, Zelda, Robin, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Olimar/Alph, Bowser, Link
D- tier (avoid unless necessary): Luigi, all Mii Fighters (Brawler > Swordfighter > Gunner), Mario, Duck Hunt, Dr. Mario

Lucario and Villager are my new mains, I use Junior and Little Mac slightly less now, I use Shulk even more, Greninja slid down to "ok" territory, and I finally ordered them properly-ish rather than by introduction to the series.

I just remembered I mained Pit back when I played Brawl and now I main Dark Pit in Smash 4.

I guess that's why I felt at home with him so quickly. I completely forgot about that.

xqƃpuɐxǝu said:
TierCharacters
S+Peach, Ness, Diddy Kong, Rosalina & Luma, Pikachu
SKing Dedede, Game and Watch, Mario, Marth, Luigi, Lucina, Zelda, Sheik, Jigglypuff, Yoshi, Bowser, Mii Brawler
AIke, Wario, Fox, Falco, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Kirby, Dark Pit, Pit, Shulk, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Captain Falcon, Sonic, Palutena, Duck Hunt, Pac-Man, Little Mac, Zero Suit Samus
BBowser Jr, Robin, Lucario, Charizard, Pikachu, Meta Knight, Greninja, R.O.B, Link, Samus, Mii Gunner, Donkey Kong, Dr. Mario, Mii Swordfighter, Olimar, Mega Man
Underline marks characters who's spots have changed.

Pika, Pit, Pac, and Mac have risen, but ZSS fell. No otber changes.

Bit of an update that I've narrowed down my Mains. But still much more then I usually do. I'm going to try to maintain a total of 10 Mains. (Sonic's still #1, that will never change of course :P)

I won't say who they are in any particular order since I can't really rank them well enough to say. So I'll just put them alphabetically

Bowser Jr.
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Link
Luigi
Mii Brawler
Ness
Pikachu
Shulk
Sonic

CategoryCharacters
MainMario
SecondariesPeach, Toon Link, Zelda, Lucina,
TertiariesRobin, Shulk, Diddy Kong, Rosaluma
Not Quite TertiaryLuigi, Marth, Ike, Jigglypuff
Rarely/Never UseAnyone not mentioned
I've forgotten how to skillfully use most of my characters, rip.

Deciding to no longer list EVERY character, and making new categories.

TierCharacters
MainsPeach, Ness, Pikachu, King Dedede, Game and Watch, Mario, Lucina, Yoshi, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, Kirby, Villager
Mains-In-TrainingRobin, Donkey Kong, Marth, Luigi, Toon Link, Wario, Zelda, Jigglypuff, Little Mac, Pit, Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, Shulk, Duck Hunt, R.O.B
Rusty MainsRosalina & Luma, Diddy Kong

Luigi if I know the matchup and Falcon if I don't know the matchup

I really don't get the idea of listing any character you're reasonably good with as a main opposed to simply a character you can just play, since I sincerely doubt every one of them will be equally skilled and is your go-to pick for a 50-50 match, but that's just me

Groden said:

I really don't get the idea of listing any character you're reasonably good with as a main opposed to simply a character you can just play, since I sincerely doubt every one of them will be equally skilled and is your go-to pick for a 50-50 match, but that's just me
This.

A "main" is a character you devote all your time and energy into learning. Some people may have two mains, but a character you play a little more than others can't be considered a main. I play Falcon a lot, but I would never call him a main.

Groden said:

Really? People list their mains as that?

GalacticPetey said:
A "main" is a character you devote all your time and energy into learning. Some people may have two mains, but a character you play a little more than others can't be considered a main. I play Falcon a lot, but I would never call him a main.
I'd still call Mario and Dr. Mario my mains. If you look at my KO records, yeah, it really shows.

1st- Mario- 5096
2nd- Dr. Mario- 2706
3rd- Kirby- 1466

Lyn said:
I've forgotten how to skillfully use most of my characters, rip.
same

CategoryCharacters
MainRosaluma
SecondariesNess, Peach
RustyDark Pit, Lucina, Mario, Palutena, Robin, Villager
Use RarelyEveryone Else

GBAToad said:
removing all of the fancy nonsense b/c who cares

I've found that I actually play better with certain characters on the 3DS, maybe it's the controls idk, point is these are my definite mains

Wii U: Villager, Robin, WFT, Ness
3DS: WFT, Villager, Ness, Robin

Wario is somewhere lurking in the background of both lists. Palutena, Dr. Mario, DHD and Pac are all characters I like playing as but don't really pick unless I'm bored. I also really like Dark Pit now for some reason, maybe it's the electroshock arm IDK (actually it's b/c I only use him when playing Customs, his Bow of Guidance is so much fun to use, other than that I hardly choose him).

I probably won't be updating this for a long time. freedom at last
NOTHING HAS CHANGED

Wii U: Villager, Robin, WFT, Ness
3DS: WFT, Villager, Ness, Robin

Extras: Wario, Dr. Mario, Palutena, DHD, Pac-Man, Dark Pit

WOWWW i'm really surprised

I'm more comfortable playing Yoshi now than I was before. Probably because I got to try him against some people with some success. So yeah, I guess I play both Dark Pit and Yoshi now.

This is more of a list of characters I use, then a list of characters I main.

Main(s): Marth, Lucina
Secondaries: Robin, Mario, Villager, Bowser Jr.
Tertiaries: Dark Pit, Shulk, Kirby, Pikachu, Toon Link, Link, Mewtwo
Rusty: Ike, Peach, Ness, Ganondorf, Luigi, Palutena

also when lucas comes out he'll be right up there with the rest of my mains in both games

i'm so happy that my brawl main is finally coming back :')

THE Main: Ness
Secondary: Olimar
Others: Rosalina, Bowser Jr., Toon Link, Mega Man

I really didn't expect Olimar to be my secondary here, I guess he was just too fun to play as.

Back