Bowser Jr. and Koopalings in SSB4?

Ninelevendo said:
They all share the same victory pose too. I gotta say that Bowser Jr. could of literally had a unique moveset ready to go until some bright spark decided to make the Koopalings alts. Now, you're not even playing as Junior. You're playing as a Koopa Clown Car.

I love the attacks! They're way more interesting than the paintbrush. Plus, Koopaling alts are for people who like them. If you don't like them, don't play as them.

GalacticPetey said:
After watching some footage, I must say the Koopaling that looks the most odd over Junior is Iggy. He's supposed to be taller and leaner than the others. He just looks so odd squished down to the same height.
I now understand the "too big" argument. The larger ones look completely ridiculous scaled down like that.

Ninelevendo said:
They all share the same victory pose too. I gotta say that Bowser Jr. could of literally had a unique moveset ready to go until some bright spark decided to make the Koopalings alts. Now, you're not even playing as Junior. You're playing as a Koopa Clown Car.
And that's exactly why it's fucking stupid. Look, I know Sakurai's heart was in the right place when this decision was made but this is terrible in execution. It's lose-lose all around. It's a betrayal of the way the Koopalings fight and are normally portrayed and Junior is robbed of his individuality as a character since they share the same taunts, animations, victory poses, et cetera. Hell, they all are since they're all acting the goddamn same just with different voices. I know I'm not exactly the biggest Koopaling fan in the world but I can't help but feel like we all got kind of a raw deal here.

If you're happy, good for you! More power to ya. But this just does not sit right with me. Lemmy without his ball is just wrong. Where's Iggy's big effin' Chain Chomp? Ludwig can flutter jump but not in Smash. What about Wendy's rings? Roy's and Morton's earthquake stompin'?

Yeah, I agree, the Koopalings feel like average model swaps rather than official character swaps. I think the Koopalings are just last-minute ideas shoe-horned into Bowser Jr. I think this also compromises Bowser Jr.'s individuality and probably his choices for actual palette swaps. The Koopalings hardly fit Bowser Jr.'s build, so I'm still scratching my head why the folks at Smash thought it was a good idea. It's like having Wario, Waluigi, and Luigi all go in Mario's moveset or something.

ThreeThousand said:
GalacticPetey said:
After watching some footage, I must say the Koopaling that looks the most odd over Junior is Iggy. He's supposed to be taller and leaner than the others. He just looks so odd squished down to the same height.
I now understand the "too big" argument. The larger ones look completely ridiculous scaled down like that.

Ninelevendo said:
And that's exactly why it's *bleep*ing stupid. Look, I know Sakurai's heart was in the right place when this decision was made but this is terrible in execution. It's lose-lose all around. It's a betrayal of the way the Koopalings fight and are normally portrayed and Junior is robbed of his individuality as a character since they share the same taunts, animations, victory poses, et cetera. Hell, they all are since they're all acting the goddang same just with different voices. I know I'm not exactly the biggest Koopaling fan in the world but I can't help but feel like we all got kind of a raw deal here.

If you're happy, good for you! More power to ya. But this just does not sit right with me. Lemmy without his ball is just wrong. Where's Iggy's big effin' Chain Chomp? Ludwig can flutter jump but not in Smash. What about Wendy's rings? Roy's and Morton's earthquake stompin'?

See that's exactly my point. This is one of the reasons I hate this idea so much

See, Morton and Roy's arms look WAY too short.

They were able to make new Koopaling alts, but couldn't be arsed to remove the hat for Link's Skyward Sword outfit so it looks more like the original game. Ok. :V

Also, I find it really odd that all the Koopalings and Bowser Jr. share a final smash that is literally part of Bowser Jr's character. I mean, christ, he even still wears the Shadow Mario bandana in all the game he's been in.

Well, what I think is that it really came out of left field. And I thought Rosalina's sudden appearence was a surprise.

Kellam said:
They were able to make new Koopaling alts, but couldn't be arsed to remove the hat for Link's Skyward Sword outfit so it looks more like the original game. Ok. :V

Also, I find it really odd that all the Koopalings and Bowser Jr. share a final smash that is literally part of Bowser Jr's character. I mean, christ, he even still wears the Shadow Mario bandana in all the game he's been in.

1. Even the most inexperienced 3D modeler can take that hat off his head. Like it takes literally zero effort to remove the hat even less than making recolors.

2. I hate it immensely

I'm ok with it, but I'm already upset about the Mario overrepresentation. WHERES MAH ZELDA NEWCOMER

Plain Ol Giga12 said:
I'm ok with it, but I'm already upset about the Mario overrepresentation. WHERES MAH ZELDA NEWCOMER

Mario isn't really over represented at all. The serires is more misrepresented than over represented

I think it isn't over represented, but the other series are underrepresented. It wouldn't hurt Nintendo to throw in a sixth Pokemon character, seeing as it's their (and all video games) second best selling franchise ever.

And seeing as Nintendo have no trouble in ruining someone's unique moveset adding Koopaling alts, why not any Daisy, Dry Bowser or Galactia Knight, the alts that would actually fit?

Back