so how are people so stupid...?

So some dumb freshmen kid beat another student in the beginning of school today with a wrench (there were quarters taped to the end too to make it stronger I guess).

and the kid that was injured had a head laceration and was basically bleeding all along his jawline and through his ears and nose.

like seriously how are people so stupid? Have you experienced any other sort of stupid violence at your school? I'm just curious because I'm pretty sure the kid who beated the other kid is a little.. er.. crazy.. like the prison type.

btw I never saw any of it but I just heard stuff from like a whole bunch of people who did (it basically happened in an area where everyone waits before the first bell rings)

Sometimes, it's not a question of intelligence. There are dozens of other things floating around in you head that can override your intelligence and common sense in an instant. Rage, confusion, sadness, inebriation, psychosis...

I just have one question about that.

If he's crazy, as in prison type, how is he not in prison?

I remember during the end of 5th grade when we were in the library and out of nowhere this kid attacked this other kid and the former got suspended for a week. It was crazy.

Sounds like a fighting at school thread...

fights happened a lot at my school last year. I actually saw a few with my own eyes and through videos on instagram, even Youtube. And today was also the first fight of the school year at my school, it was on the stairs but no one was caught I heard.

People just get crazy.. I get angry very easily but I try to control myself, I am not one of those psycho kids out there.

Time Turner said:
Sometimes, it's not a question of intelligence. There are dozens of other things floating around in you head that can override your intelligence and common sense in an instant. Rage, confusion, sadness, inebriation, psychosis...
bringing a wrench to school eliminates the possibility of this being a "spur of the moment" thing

kids at my high school were a little... quirky, but we never really had any violence to speak of (well, not much anyways. i can recall one fight in four years, and it lasted all of five seconds)

There's this kid at my school who only beats people up. That's it.

He hasn't be suspended or expelled once. why

Stargazing said:
There's this kid at my school who only beats people up. That's it.

He hasn't be suspended or expelled once. why
Probably because nobody catches him doing it or nobody informs an authority figure.

I go to an all-girls' school
And we don't really have much violence
Last year pretty much everyone shunned one my friends because she went to a disco and didn't kiss a guy?
I mean like wtf

one time a girl threw a punch at a teacher though

It's really just the guys in my school who are unnecessarily aggressive, to be honest. It's like they can't live without inflicting pain on each other.

IceCreamRain said:
one time a girl threw a punch at a teacher though

Did the teacher get soaked? :dk:

We don't have fights any more, but for the past couple years we had a kid with anger management issues who always went after people for the tiniest of things, best example that comes to mind was that he punched someone on Geography because "they turned the page too quickly".

Wait, were they sharing a book and the other guy turned before he was done?

Or did he have his own book and this was just something only he would care about.

People hitting each other at school is kind of a foreign concept for me. We still have bullies and whatnot, but they're more content to taunt than punch, though some would argue that's worse.

I got suspended one time because I slapped another student's arm who was taunting me and appeared that she was going to attack me too

hmm...worst thing I've seen students do at my school was in Middle School where there was something wrong with the cafeteria's fryers, which obviously means no fries and we'd get Doritos instead. Almost every kid in the cafeteria decided to throw a tantrum...yeah...

Luckily in my school these sort of things don't really happen (excluding those barbarians who stir up a fight every time we get a break for some bullshit that happened on the soccer field we have), but most of those things seem to happen in the school across of mine. Those thugs do everything. Violence, dealing with illegal things,
all of that jazz. I truly do fear for those few in that school who don't do all of those things...

My school doesn't really have fights.

It's blessing already, but it's more of a bonus to me considering my petite frame.

Olivia said:
Luckily in my school these sort of things don't really happen (excluding those barbarians who stir up a fight every time we get a break for some bullshit that happened on the soccer field we have), but most of those things seem to happen in the school across of mine. Those thugs do everything. Violence, dealing with illegal things,
all of that jazz. I truly do fear for those few in that school who don't do all of those things...
that's the same sort of deal with my school
there are a couple of smokers/skippers etc. in my school
but the school down the road lets the students get away with anything

e.g. one time the students spraypainted the gates of the people who live near the school
the owners of said gates frickin called the principal and nothing happened

There aren't really many fights at my school. Every now and then I'll hear about one through word of mouth(I think a couple of freshmen got into it the other day for some stupid reason) but I've only actually seen one with my own eyes. Even then it lasted all of 2 seconds and was years ago.

Gregor said:
There aren't really many fights at my school. Every now and then I'll hear about one through word of mouth(I think a couple of freshmen got into it the other day for some stupid reason) but I've only actually seen one with my own eyes. Even then it lasted all of 2 seconds and was years ago.
If I was bullied I would beat the crap out of them!!!! :evilgrin:

my high school was really dumb
there were kids that brought knives and bb guns and shit like that cause they thought they were cool shit. nobody did anything about them and nobody wanted to fuck with them or rat them out cause they would probably get jumped or some shit
heres probably the biggest thing that happened in my years but people have done a buncha crazier shit, i just cant find any articles to them. i guess they dont really want it covered cause it hurts the rep the school has, not that anyone whos graduated from this trash would want to send their kids here anyway

Geez, why aren't there more high schools that actually have and enforce the zero tolerance policy? Because I would rather drop out of that high school and maybe go to a different neighborhood. How did you even survive that crap?

I guess I should feel lucky to live in a neighborhood re-owned for pretty high-quality education. Hell, one of my local high schools is ranked 2 in my state and 22 nationally.

Dr. Mario said:
Geez, why aren't there more high schools that actually have and enforce the zero tolerance policy? Because I would rather drop out of that high school and maybe go to a different neighborhood. How did you even survive that crap?

I guess I should feel lucky to live in a neighborhood re-owned for pretty high-quality education. Hell, one of my local high schools is ranked 2 in my state and 22 nationally.
i dunno but everything was basically streets smarts; if you minded your own business you wouldnt get fucked with. that kid in the article who got stabbed apparantly was getting too close to the other dudes girlfriend so he did that shit and i think he got expelled. i didnt drop out cause 95% of my elementry school friends were here and it was the closest school to my house, so call me crazy but yea i chose those over my own safety lol

Back