this infuriates me

I know what "anti" means, and I understand your point. If language was perfectly logical and linear like math I would totally agree with you. It isn't though. Language is a living, evolving thing, and over time it grows beyond the definitions that seek to confine it.

But alas.

If I am to be denied forgiveness, then I shall live an outcast til the end of my life, upon which I shall be forever barred from entry into dictionary heaven, where people only speak as they are meant to speak.

I'm sorry for being sadistic in general :-X

It's ok. Give it a hundred years and we will both be dead, this discussion will not have mattered in the slightest, and people will have found new words to misuse and shift the definitions of.

It's probably for the best if we return to the original subject.

Gabumon said:
Baby Luigi said:
Well then my job is to educate and inform, which is what I did to him

Thank you for educating me, o your highness. I have committed the gravest of sins: Reading a term the way people use it instead of how it is defined in the dictionary.

I am but a humble, peasant speaking in the dirty, colloquial tongues of the common folk, so I hope you can find it in your wise, eloquent heart to forgive me.
hahaha

see, this is why i use the common definition instead of the "proper" one

The definition hasn't advanced to the point where the dictionary definition has become outdated, so let's just be safe here and use the original definition until time decides when we should move on.

Anyway, we can all agree on one term: the guy is an *bleep*. But even that's an understatement.

Back