Unused Mario characters you want them to return and their possible roles.

yoshiking14x

Retired
Wart,Tryclide and Mouser would be good to see return. They should be recurring villains besides Bowser.

Wart: The leader who can be comical in a good mood and sinister in a bad mood. Wart likes do scams.

Mouser: Second in command, he is smart but still avoids Wart's wrath. Wants to defeat Mario to win his pride.

Tryclide: The muscle of team and has trouble agreeing with it's heads like most multiheaded do.

Tatanga: Wanted to fight Mario again but ended up becoming Luigi's archenemy.

Characters that are used in spin-offs are welcomed here.

Pretty much any character who debuted in a Mario RPG besides the inevitable Baby Peach (who was bound to happen anyway, I don't care what anyone says she is not an RPG character)

As far as roles are concerned just use the villains in well, antagonistic roles again only in the main series. Friendly NPCs such as Prince Peasley could be promoted to playable characters, etc

The only think I can think that I'd want brought back are random enemies and bosses.

Other than that, don't really care.

Magikrazy said:
I would rather they stay in the RPGs, where they have personalities.
They can still give characters personality outside RPGs.

For example, Mario 64, Sunshine and Galaxy 1-2 all had dialogue. If Fawful were in a similar game he would still be able to spout off one-liners thus retaining his personality.

Anyway the main reason I want RPG characters outside RPGs is so some of them can become iconic, they never will if they stay in a niche series that Nintendo doesn't promote too much.

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS said:
Magikrazy said:
I would rather they stay in the RPGs, where they have personalities.
They can still give characters personality outside RPGs.

For example, Mario 64, Sunshine and Galaxy 1-2 all had dialogue. If Fawful were in a similar game he would still be able to spout off one-liners thus retaining his personality.

Anyway the main reason I want RPG characters outside RPGs is so some of them can become iconic, they never will if they stay in a niche series that Nintendo doesn't promote too much.

You seriously need to expand your palette beyond these niche characters. Your obsession with them really comes off as unhealthy sometimes.

I'd like to see again:

Tryclyde (whodathunk it)
Mouser
Cackletta (great villain... I really wish she'd return)
Shadow Sirens
Geno
Mallow
Tatanga and any of the Mario Land villains
Sabasa from Mario Land 2
Big Bertha

You have to wonder why minions from SMB2 (Shy Guy, etc) still appear today while most of the bosses and the main villain were shafted. Same goes for Daisy and Wario still appearing while everything else from Mario Land games are shafted.

Its probably because Nintendo doesn't want anything that won't fit in with Bowser being the villain. "We can only have one main villain and all the other villains will be shafted." It's also why they crumpled up the new creation Antasma and tossed him in the trash in favor of Bowser being the final boss AGAIN

As much as I would like the only chance Mr. L would have is another Paper Mario game, but even that's unlikely.

The character I really want to see back is Shadow Mario. He could be like Metal Mario but better.

Ninelevendo said:
As much as I would like the only chance Mr. L would have is another Paper Mario game, but even that's unlikely.

The character I really want to see back is Shadow Mario. He could be like Metal Mario but better.

I would love him since he's Bowser Jr.

Mr. L works best as a one time thing. It would feel dumb and forced if Luigi got brainwashed and turned into him again.

GalacticPetey said:
Mr. L works best as a one time thing. It would feel dumb and forced if Luigi got brainwashed and turned into him again.
I think if SPM ever got a true direct sequel with Count Bleck coming back and such, Luigi could have a flashback of being Mr. L and maybe he could rebuild Brobot to fight for the heroes' side, some awesome gameplay potential right there

I also consider Count Bleck's Mr. L (the one we all know with the badass outfit) a separate entity from Dimentio's Mr. L (the one in the final battle)

GalacticPetey said:
It would be much cooler if he used it as a secret identity that we can wilfully use to trick the opposition when he regains memory of the experience or something like that.
I think if SPM ever got a true direct sequel with Count Bleck coming back and such, Luigi could have a flashback of being Mr. L and maybe he could rebuild Brobot to fight for the heroes' side, some awesome gameplay potential right there

I also consider Count Bleck's Mr. L (the one we all know with the badass outfit) a separate entity from Dimentio's Mr. L (the one in the final battle)
My dream new Paper Mario game is to have a game where battles are still like the original, but some gameplay still revolves around stickers and 2D platforming outside of battle and there's multiplayer, with Luigi being one of the players. Brobot as a special attack of some sort would be awesome.

You have to wonder why minions from SMB2 (Shy Guy, etc) still appear today while most of the bosses and the main villain were shafted. Same goes for Daisy and Wario still appearing while everything else from Mario Land games are shafted.

Its probably because Nintendo doesn't want anything that won't fit in with Bowser being the villain. "We can only have one main villain and all the other villains will be shafted." It's also why they crumpled up the new creation Antasma and tossed him in the trash in favor of Bowser being the final boss AGAIN

Because the minions were the only interesting thing from that game worth a crap.

And for pete's sake Dream Team came out almost a year ago, get over it already.

If Luigi and Yoshi can be the protagonist instead of Mario(not that I am tired of Mario), I am sure Bowser can share.(Not that Bowser should be replaced)

To any member who read this:Did Wizpig died or why didn't he came back like he said?

At least they brought Reznors,Koopa Football Players, Fire Sumos, and Baby Yoshis back.
(Don't really remember some of their actual names.)

Pink. Donkey Kong. Jr.

The list is numerous

Vic Video
Stanley the Talking Fish
Kaoru
Dragonzamasu
Pionpi

yoshiking14x said:
the Blarggs from SMW
The Blarrgs last appeared in Yoshi's New Island breh.

They also appeared in New Super Mario Bros U and Super Mario 3D Land. (And a subspecies in 3D World I think)

Birdo said:
yoshiking14x said:
the Blarggs from SMW

They also appeared in New Super Mario Bros U and Super Mario 3D Land. (And a subspecies in 3D World I think)
Do they look like hippo/dinosaurs?

yoshiking14x said:
Birdo said:
yoshiking14x said:
the Blarggs from SMW

Do they look like hippo/dinosaurs?

The ones in Yoshi's Island look like stupid-looking worms though.

Back