My theory on how Mario and Pauline broke up

supermariofan

Dry Bowser
*Pauline enters the door in her apartment, turns the light on and notices Mario giving her a look*

Mario: How was your night?
Pauline nervously: Oh...it's-it's-it's fine. Nothing special.
Mario: You were at the gym right?
Pauline: Oh yeah, it was great. I mean--
Mario interrupts as he crosses his arms: Or were you on a date with some guy?
Pauline chuckles: Mario don't be ridiculous.
Mario: Don't act all innocent with me, Pauline. How long have you been dating this guy?
Pauline: Mario, stop it! I just needed a ride!
Mario slightly raises his voice as he walks towards Pauline: A ride?! A ride to home?! Or to some restaurant where he was getting cozy with you and hands you fancy gifts?!

Pauline frustrated: Don't you raise your voice at me!
Mario shouts: No! I'm the one who paid for this apartment! So therefore, I have the right to shout all I want! *walks around the room as he continues to shout* In fact, I can do this all night! I don't care if the whole building wakes up! *walks towards Pauline* I just want the whole world to know that *Yells at her face* PAULINE IS A SLUT!!!!!

Pauline slaps Mario and cries: How dare you speak that way to me?!
Mario: Oh well excuuuuuse *yells* me! Who's the one who rescued from a 10-foot tall gorilla?! Who paid for this apartment?! Who feels underappreciated after doing so many things for the both of us!?

Pauline: Mario...if this nonsense continues, I will leave you!
Mario: Well no need to worry about packing up! Because I already got that taken care of for you! *brings out suitcase*
Pauline: You pathetic and selfish plumber! *takes suitcase and storms out*
Mario follows her out: Selfish?! That's coming from someone who doesn't appreciate all the things I've ever done for us, and lies, and cheats! *stops walking and yells as she continues walking* Yeah that's right, keep walking! And if you ever get captured by an oversized chimp again, have your new boyfriend come and get you!!

If any of you guys were expecting this to be humorous seeing how everyone on this site creates something silly and I'm quirky on this site at times... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh god, when did they ever break up?

The real reason.

tl;dc

Opening post: Oh no, somebody cheated on someone oh no I'm supposed to be laughing and sad or something oh nooooo.

My story: Pauline realized that Mario is there only for the cake.

Or... Mario wanted to hang out with Pauline, but Pauline is literally a dangerous person who tried to kill Mario just so she can always stay with him. She tries giving Mario food poisoning, she attempts to paralyze him with odorless noxious gases, and she hides weapons with her all the time.

My headcanon is that they never broke up, Mario just sorta disappeared from Brooklyn (a borough of Big Ape City on Donkey Kong Island), and next thing Pauline knows she's reading about him saving some princess on a distant continent. When he doesn't come back or write or anything and she figures he's replaced her and moves on herself. Then Mario decides to set up a Mini Mario factory in his old town and invites her to the opening of the subsequent theme park, and she goes because she's totally over the non-break-up, but when Donkey Kong (Jr.) kidnaps her and Mario saves her, it reminds them of their old love, and they screw like rabbits till Mario goes back to the Mushroom Kingdom. But from then on he makes periodic trips back to Brooklyn to check on his company and visit with Pauline, who also works for the company giving them an excuse to be together a lot, and so no one's the wiser.

To me the original Mario and the original Pauline are the parents of their current counterparts and the Pauline has brown hair like her father,and this means she is Mario and Lugi's sister.

And their love is more like a brother and sister relationship. There are different ways to love you know.

My theory is that they were never in a serious enough relationship to break up. Where was it stated that Pauline was Mario's girlfriend anyway? If it it's that love heart that appears on 100m I'm not convinced.

Back