More Conspiracy Theories from the Nut House: Game Theory's Mario Timeline

Re: Game Theory Tackles Rosalina (Part 1)

yoshiking14x said:
Another mystery is how Rosalina got her powers.

The lumas made her immortal, and she has star power!

That explains why do the Lumas expire or die, because they give too much power or something.

yoshiking14x said:

Why don't you ask why Mario has super jumping ability

Baby Luigi said:
yoshiking14x said:

Why don't you ask why Mario has super jumping ability
Or how about Luigi's in SPM, so high that it was able to surpass our point of view?

This is my theory:
In the secret ending you can see Rosalina leaving Gateway Galaxy with the Comet Observatory.Then you can see a Luma left behind in a spaceship.But that´s how the whole thing started in the storybook.The Luma´s mother left him behind and she is traveling on a comet(Comet Observatory?).So the young Rosalina will find the Luma again(after she is born in the new cycle-this would support the theory of her being Peach´s daughter) and the story starts over.But then we have one unanswered question:What happens to the adult Rosalina then?I am asking this because if my theory is correct,that would mean that there already was an adult Rosalina(the Luma´s mother) before our current Rosalina(who else would have been the Luma´s mother in the storybook?The ending pretty much confirms it was Rosalina herself) and this is an unending cycle.The other possibility is that the mother of the Luma is a different person in each cycle,but they all play the same role(mother of Luma´s,some sort of watcher of space).But even then,what happens to the previous mother of the Luma,remains unexplained.Thoughts?

Good Game said:
In the secret ending you can see Rosalina leaving Gateway Galaxy with the Comet Observatory.Then you can see a Luma left behind in a spaceship.But that´s how the whole thing started in the storybook.The Luma´s mother left him behind and she is traveling on a comet(Comet Observatory?).So the young Rosalina will find the Luma again(after she is born in the new cycle-this would support the theory of her being Peach´s daughter) and the story starts over.But then we have one unanswered question:What happens to the adult Rosalina then?I am asking this because if my theory is correct,that would mean that there already was an adult Rosalina(the Luma´s mother) before our current Rosalina(who else would have been the Luma´s mother in the storybook?The ending pretty much confirms it was Rosalina herself) and this is an unending cycle.Thoughts?

Makes a lot of sense actually.

Let's just assume the adult Rosalina went on to kick some ass in SSB4.

Good Game said:
This is my theory:
In the secret ending you can see Rosalina leaving Gateway Galaxy with the Comet Observatory.Then you can see a Luma left behind in a spaceship.But that´s how the whole thing started in the storybook.The Luma´s mother left him behind and she is traveling on a comet(Comet Observatory?).So the young Rosalina will find the Luma again(after she is born in the new cycle-this would support the theory of her being Peach´s daughter) and the story starts over.But then we have one unanswered question:What happens to the adult Rosalina then?I am asking this because if my theory is correct,that would mean that there already was an adult Rosalina(the Luma´s mother) before our current Rosalina(who else would have been the Luma´s mother in the storybook?The ending pretty much confirms it was Rosalina herself) and this is an unending cycle.The other possibility is that the mother of the Luma is a different person in each cycle,but they all play the same role(mother of Luma´s,some sort of watcher of space).But even then,what happens to the previous mother of the Luma,remains unexplained.Thoughts?

Edited.

MidnaFreak said:
Makes a lot of sense actually.

Let's just assume the adult Rosalina went on to kick some ass in SSB4.

Haha,yeah. :P
I just really hope that once they will continue the story.I was so excited for SMG2 and the continuation of Rosalina´s story,but Mr.Miyamoto hugely disappointed me with that one. :D
Galaxy shows that Mario games CAN have some story.Actually Galaxy´s story is super complicated for a video game like Super Mario.And the cinematics were just awesome :D

Haha well yeah I personally liked the story of SPM more.

In main series mario games it's almost always Gameplay > Story so I don't mind.

Mcmadness said:
Lucina said:
Baby Luigi said:
Mcmadness said:
I don't buy it, or any of his theories really.

yeah i've always found them stupidly convoluted and over analzying
the over analzying is what makes it interesting though

But then its made pointless by the fact we all know its not true.

Analysis is only truly interesting if it can lead to an actually plausible result, anything else is just pointless.
Can I just jump back here for a moment.

It isn't pointless if it's entertaining and if the likes and view count are to be trusted then I'd say people do indeed enjoy these videos. That's like saying video games are pointless, they aren't made to create some sort of result they're just made to be enjoyable. Then people buy them because they want that enjoyment, so it isn't pointless to create something for the entertainment of others.

No one already knew this? I thought this was why people thought Rosalina was so intriguing...

Or maybe just the hair. Yeah definitely the hair.

Mcmadness said:
Lucina said:
Baby Luigi said:
Mcmadness said:
I don't buy it, or any of his theories really.

yeah i've always found them stupidly convoluted and over analzying
the over analzying is what makes it interesting though

But then its made pointless by the fact we all know its not true.

Analysis is only truly interesting if it can lead to an actually plausible result, anything else is just pointless.

Mario has no definite continuity because the devs don't give a shit about it, so whatever theories can be "true" if you want them to be.

But about the video, I don't think that the genetics argument checks out. Attached ear lobes and blue eyes are super common among humans in the Mario series. Of the seven most well known Mario humans (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Rosalina, Daisy, Wario, Waluigi), five have blue eyes and the eyes of the remaining two are nondescript black, so "rare eye" color my butt. Because of that it is too big a stretch to assume that Mario world genetics follow the same rules as our world genetics.

So really all the video establishes is that Rosalina may be from the Mushroom Kingdom, but not who her parents are. They might be Peach's ancestors or descendants.

Stargazing said:
yoshiking14x said:
I wonder how did Rosalina's mother died.
Probably because it said that she'd visit every 100 years and if you don't have immortality, you die after 100 years.

True stuff.

However, in the storybook, when she realizes that her mother was dead, she was only a few years into leaving home. She decided at the last chapter that she would return to her planet every 100 years, meaning that it had not been 100 years yet.

The story also heavily supports the fact that Rosalina left to the galaxy thinking that her mother will be out there even though the entire time she knew that her mother was dead. Her mother told her that she would watch her from the stars, so the mother obviously knew that she wasn't going to live much longer (how she died who knows). She went with the Luma because she was in denial and was hoping that her mother was going to be in the stars like she said. Of course, the Lumas kept her mind off her mother and then she ended up becoming their mama for them. When she looked back at the planet, it finally hit her that after all these years, her mother was not here, and that is why she just completely fell apart.

I do believe that she does live on the same planet as Mario and them, which is also heavily supported in the game due to the fact that the Comet Observatory left at the end from the Gateway Galaxy and that the meteor showers appears every 100 years and Rosalina's comet came with it, and might have been the reason the meteor shower happens on the planet.

And yes, in the prima guide or whatever, Rosalina was mentioned to be related to Peach in some form, which would not be a surprise. However, the genetics of Rosalina being Peach's daughter makes no sense. While they have the same eyes and ears (even though basically all the Mario characters do), her hair is a very faded blonde, which is nothing like Peach's color hair. Not to mention that in her childhood she had strawberry blonde hair. There is a lot of reference to her being related to Peach, but not in that sort of sense.

One thing that I hope they touch on in the second part is the scene of the hill. Notice how - if the Mushroom Kingdom is where that tree lies - the storybook shows only the castle but no surrounding city/village in it. Notice how it just seems like things have greatly changed from when the storybook was depicted taking place in and where the Mushroom Kingdom is at now. These two things should be connected with the fact that Rosalina appears from home every one hundred years.

Rosalina is related to Peach by the fact that Rosalina is an ancestor of Peach's.

Rosalina was not the only child, which supports my theory, because she also had a brother, who probably became to be the Mushroom King. I don't know why or how Rosalina got her powers or how she basically became forever unaging, but those cryptic details are reasons why she is such an interesting character, and I kind of don't want to find out.

And while Mario characters are not very detailed in the way that things go in order or are connected, I think that Rosalina's Storybook was made for a Mario character that actually has a greater role in the Mario series than many other characters do. Rosalina - in a sense - may be one of the best things to happen to the Marioverse due to the fact that she actually has a plot-role in the Mario series as opposed to being some random plumber fighting a giant turtle for a princess (talking mainstream right now). She could potentially have background information about what the Mushroom Kingdom world is really like, and actually how characters and people are related to one another.

Having a background story did helped Rosalina's popularity now that I read this.

Maybe she stopped aging because the Lumas are baby-like?

I have a new headcanon.

The kid in the storybook is not Rosalina.

It's her mother.

That's my explanation as to why Baby Rosalina already has the crown and everything.

Part 2
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/?hl=en-GB&gl=GB#/watch?v=xzWFuEH9HsA[/youtube]

Yeah, I like the Luigi theory better.

Re: Game Theory Tackles Rosalina (Part 2)

i was like like "peach and fucking MARIO???

no way my headcanon is luigi gets the princess" and then thIS HAPPENS OMG

At first I was like, "This guy is a derp." But after the Luigi part, I was like "Hmmmmm."

Stargazing said:
Luigidaisy1 said:
At first I was like, "This guy is a derp."
I didn't think anyone said derp but my brother
lol

Part 2 is awesome :D
I mean...sorry Mario,but it´s Luigi time!You ask how?Well,here:

0:09-0:19

Congratulations!Super Luigi U is now officially canon.Mario is dead and Luigi takes Peach :D

Just kidding :D

Back