NEW Mario Party 10 Roster Wants Thread

Do you want King Boo as a playable character?

• Yes

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
Jumping on something to defeat it allows for more creative fights because of the boss's movement patterns and how to get up to the head, Hisstocrat was a creative fight because of that. So were the car fights. I wish the final battles in these games would be more like that, only harder. Think Mario Galaxy, those Bowser fights were more creative than the newer (final) ones.

Donatello said:
It still boils down to:

1. Avoid Bowser's attacks

and

2. Exploit flaw in Bowser's level design (hitting a POW Block Bowser just so happens to be standing on).

Still, you bring up a good point with the car.

The fact that you have to boil it down to make your point shows why its such a weak point to begin with.

Mcmadness said:
Donatello said:
It still boils down to:

and

2. Exploit flaw in Bowser's level design (hitting a POW Block Bowser just so happens to be standing on).

The fact that you have to boil it down to make your point shows why its such a weak point to begin with.
No, I've seen many boiled down points that make perfect valid sense.

You boil down SPM's plot quite often, but when we boil down something you love, it's like "oh no you have to agree with my opinion."

GalacticPetey said:
Mcmadness said:
King Antasma said:
The final battle in 3D World was escape from Giant Cat Bowser and press a button too...

the car fight
I'm talking about Final Boss battles.
This too

Bowser's final fights are superbly lame in the recent years. It's just a souped obstacle course. Now, 3D World did a tad better than the typical "hit the switch at the end" fare, but that's because you actually get to hit Bowser. But only a tad better.

The car fight is better, and I think Nintendo missed an opportunity to make something car-related in the final fight.

Stargazing said:
Mcmadness said:
Donatello said:
It still boils down to:

and

No, I've seen many boiled down points that make perfect valid sense.

You boil down SPM's plot quite often, but when we boil down something you love, it's like "oh no you have to agree with my opinion."

GalacticPetey said:
Mcmadness said:
King Antasma said:
The final battle in 3D World was escape from Giant Cat Bowser and press a button too...

the car fight
I'm talking about Final Boss battles.
This too

Oh sure boiling down things makes sense plenty of times, but not this one. Saying its the same just because it involves reaching the ''victory button'' so to speak is like saying every boss that you beat by jumping on it or any other repeated method is also the same. Its an argument that only works because you are actively ignoring everything that makes the fight stand out, as such I'm going to call it the way I see it and that is a bull shit point.

And for the record I don't boil down SPM, I summarize it, there is a difference.

Those switch boss fights still end on an anti-climax that kills everything before it

Mcmadness said:
Its an argument that only works because you are actively ignoring everything that makes the fight stand out, as such I'm going to call it the way I see it and that is a bull *bleep* point.
Or maybe the anti-climax switch is the only dang thing that stands out because it's that much of a buzzkill.

Mcmadness said:
jumping on it or any other repeated method
Don't like those either. I love how you automatically assume I like those.

For the record, any attacks from a RPG game aren't a repeated method in my opinion, except maybe the two shell attacks.

? Block said:
Those switch boss fights still end on an anti-climax that kills everything before it
Dr. Mario said:
Or maybe the anti-climax switch is the only dang thing that stands out because it's that much of a buzzkill.
Yeah, the fights are way too anticlimatic to be enjoyable.

Stargazing said:
Mcmadness said:
jumping on it or any other repeated method
Don't like those either. I love how you automatically assume I like those.

For the record, any attacks from a RPG game aren't a repeated method in my opinion, except maybe the two shell attacks.

? Block said:
Dr. Mario said:
Yeah, the fights are way too anticlimatic to be enjoyable.

What the fuck does you liking it have to do with anything? That literally has no relation to the argument.

I had the slightest feeling you would bring it up, so I took it out of the way earlier :)

It also has slight relation to the arguement. You said any other repeatable method and I brought up that the RPG battle moves aren't a repeatable method in my opinion. This whole argument has been based on opinion as well, since we're arguing because in your opinion, POW block/button bosses aren't lame, but other people's opinions are that they are lame.

So yeah, opinions.
i should of never entered this argument in the first place

We said the final fight is crap and we mention to final switch. And then you say "why focus on the final switch?". And then we say "because it ruins the rest of the fight".

The fight would've been better if there were something else that resembled more of a fight and less of a chicken chase.

Dr. Mario said:
We said the final fight is crap and we mention to final switch. And then you say "why focus on the final switch?". And then we say "because it ruins the rest of the fight".

The fight would've been better if there were something else that resembled more of a fight and less of a chicken chase.

No, the argument was about whether it was the same as previous ''press the button to win'' things that came before it. This argument was never about whether you liked it or not.

I think a Generic Boo works much better a BO(O)SS.

They can modify the Boo (Red Boo yyyyeeeaaahhh) but otherwise King Boo would be too much. Better as an NPC.

Back