Smash Bros. Leak

Paper Jorge

who? am? I?
the announcement of shulk confirmed the legitimacy of the ssb leak, at least the inclusion of duckhunt drmario ness darkpit and bowserjr

wikipedias already decided to cover this information, but the SMW hasnt

are we going to wait for a more legitimate confirmation to cover information regarding the leak?

Wikipedia is probably the same site that covers leaks and rumors. We haven't done it for Brawl, I don't think we'll cover it here until it's officially confirmed by Nintendo.

However, possibly, I think we can add it to that list of rumors page here.

SmashWiki had decided to do coverage, but only on things with actual video evidence. They have SSB4 articles for Ganondorf and Bowser Jr, but haven't made them for characters like Dark Pit and the dog.

SmashWiki also covers tiers and tourneys. We don't here. We're different on this matter: again, we didn't cover that Brawl leak which revealed Ness, Jigglypuff, and Lucario. Chances are, we won't cover it here.

then again i wasn't here on mariowiki when brawl was leaked so idk what happened

Soyons patience... it's only a few more weeks until the game is released.

Baby Luigi said:
SmashWiki also covers tiers and tourneys. We don't here. We're different on this matter: again, we didn't cover that Brawl leak which revealed Ness, Jigglypuff, and Lucario. Chances are, we won't cover it here.

then again i wasn't here on mariowiki when brawl was leaked so idk what happened
We should make articles for Pro Smashers who main Mario characters

GalacticPetey said:
Baby Luigi said:

Not until we do it for Mario Party, Mario Kart, Super Mario 64, etc

actually we did cover the brawl leak but that was merely a week before the japanese release

Baby Luigi said:
GalacticPetey said:
Baby Luigi said:

I can maybe understand well known speedrunners for SM64 but Mario Kart and Mario Party don't have massive esports scenes.

GalacticPetey said:
Baby Luigi said:
GalacticPetey said:
Baby Luigi said:

I can maybe understand well known speedrunners for SM64 but Mario Kart and Mario Party don't have massive esports scenes.

They do have people like Chadderz and Mrbean, the hackers

I don't know if hackers are on the same level as say Ken or M2K. These people entered international tournaments and won a ton of money.

Shrug

I don't know nothing about egames or however you call 'em, except that League of Legends is one of them

GalacticPetey said:
I don't know if hackers are on the same level as say Ken or M2K. These people entered international tournaments and won a ton of money.
Eh, those guys are famous in a niche circle of gamers.

I don't suggest coverage for them in Mario Wiki.

I wasn't serious about the wiki covering them. They're more associated with Smash. They just happen to use Mario characters sometimes.

While teh leak is undeniably true, I'd rather not cover it for the following raisins:

1: It sets a, in my opinion, bad precedent for pre-release coverage. Yes yes, sliperry slopes, but it's far less of an headache to say "no unofficial stuff, period" rather than having to messily explain why we take THIS rumor but not every random ~teh secret E3 press release sheet" photographed at a weird angle.

2: Even if part of a leak is true, there's enough confusion and noise surrounding that kind of material that there's a much higher likehood to have low-quality (or simply false) content end up on the articles. See the whole brouhahaha on if there's more to the Smash 4 roster than that screenshot or if it's something a Smashboard mod ex wife's cousin gynecolist made up, etc. Just a fucking mess.

Also for the purpose of this discussion, I'll note that I don't think stuff like the recent Ganondorf "reveal" or that SSE video that accidentally revealed uannounced playable characters to be "leaks". Just plain ol' screw-ups that should be covered as deeply as the incriminating content allows.

Considering how close the release date is, as well, I don't think it's worth it to include leak information.

Back