Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Oh God. *bleep* no!

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters

supermariofan

Dry Bowser
Since that "lovable" dog will most likely be in Smash I figured I should make a thread about him since he's my most wanted newcomer. I gotta say I'm very excited to be playing as him when the game comes out. His design in the leak looks pretty nice, and I hope this is the moveset they'll give him:

Standard B: NES Zapper
Side B: Clay Discs
Up B: Duck Hold
Down B: Pounce
Final Smash: Duck Hunt

So tell me guys, what are your thoughts on the Dog in Smash?

I remember when we all laughed at you for saying the dog had a chance.

I guess it is now you who is laughing at us.

Anyway, the dog seems like an interesting character, and I can't wait to play as it.

Magikrazy said:
I remember when we all laughed at you for saying the dog had a chance.

I guess it is now you who is laughing at us.

Anyway, the dog seems like an interesting character, and I can't wait to play as it.
No. It would be wrong for me to do.

I'm pretty sure the dog will be the first non-anthropomorphic, non-Pokémon, regular old animal to be playable in Smash.

Will more follow suit? Probably not.

Magikrazy said:
I'm pretty sure the dog will be the first non-anthropomorphic, non-Pokémon, regular old animal to be playable in Smash.

Will more follow suit? Probably not.
Oh goody, since you put it that way...PETA will probably file a complaint. :roll:

21422.png

Here is the pic for the few that haven't seen.

Obviously, the ducks will come into play here.

Will it be a Pikmin/Olimar relationship? Or perhaps a Rosalina/Luma?

Magikrazy said:
21422.png

Here is the pic for the few that haven't seen.

Obviously, the ducks will come into play here.

Will it be a Pikmin/Olimar relationship? Or perhaps a Rosalina/Luma?
I think it's just gonna be there for Up B and taunt

I notice the name is just "Duck Hunt", rather than "Duck Hunt Dog" or anything about the dog.

I thought this might just be the Japanese name. That reminded me of the Ice Climbers' Japanese name in Melee, which is simply "Ice Climber".

perhaps the duck plays a bigger role than we thought

i cant wait to beat the shit out of that fucking dog that scarred me ever since i played duck hunt when i was like 3
fuck that dog

i'm pretty glad he's going playable because

A. he'll be the best punching bag in history
B. i'm gonna be able to use the shit out of that taunt while i'm online
C. that dog was a really memorable part of my childhood thus his appearance is kind of nostalgic for me

I wish I can play with those ducks instead.

But either way, the dog is going to be a great punching bag, along with Pacman, Sonic, Wario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Mii Fighter, Greninja, Charizard, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Lucario, and maybe Pikachu.

Maᴙio said:

But either way, the dog is going to be a great punching bag, along with Pacman, Sonic, Wario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Mii Fighter, Greninja, Charizard, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Lucario, and maybe Pikachu.
What is wrong with you?

Anyway, I'm excited to see how the Dog plays.

i guess another smart bomb activator

Even as someone who grew up with Duck Hunt, I think this is a stupid addition. A character who's nothing more than Assist Trophy material being added as a fighter over many often-requested characters like K. Rool or Ridley? Really?

SolarBlaze said:
Even as someone who grew up with Duck Hunt, I think this is a stupid addition. A character who's nothing more than Assist Trophy material being added as a fighter over my often-requested characters like K. Rool or Ridley? Really?
Ridley and K. Rool are still up in the air.

GalacticPetey said:
SolarBlaze said:
Even as someone who grew up with Duck Hunt, I think this is a stupid addition. A character who's nothing more than Assist Trophy material being added as a fighter over my often-requested characters like K. Rool or Ridley? Really?
Ridley and K. Rool are still up in the air.
Ridley yes but K.Rool...Yeah seeing how the leaker mentioned Dixie and not K. Rool I think it's best we wait for SSB5

The leaker who was likely lying. I have faith in Ridley, but not because of that guy. I won't believe any leak unless I have visual evidence. Text leaks are instafake for me.

The Dog looks drunk in my opinion. I can imagine his Final Smash being something where a flock of ducks just coming raining down on the stage, but they have to make a reference to point of the game, shooting, so maybe it would be similar to Snake's final smash.

Lumastar said:
Maᴙio said:

What is wrong with you?

Anyway, I'm excited to see how the Dog plays.
Yeah, I totally forgot to include Zelda. Thanks for reminding me!

GalacticPetey said:
The leaker who was likely lying. I have faith in Ridley, but not because of that guy. I won't believe any leak unless I have visual evidence. Text leaks are instafake for me.
This. I believe that the so-called Unholy Trinity (Ridley, Mewtwo, and King K. Rool) will still make it in.

YoshiGo99 said:
The Dog looks drunk in my opinion. I can imagine his Final Smash being something where a flock of ducks just coming raining down on the stage, but they have to make a reference to point of the game, shooting, so maybe it would be similar to Snake's final smash.
Zero Suit Samus took Snake's concept already with her Gunship. The Dog's Final Smash should have him throw a giant loaf of bread, causing a large flock of ducks to attack in the area around the bread.

Lumastar said:
GalacticPetey said:
This. I believe that the so-called Unholy Trinity (Ridley, Mewtwo, and King K. Rool) will still make it in.

Look at Shulk's character icon in the Character Selection screen of the leak, then look at his artwork. They are the same, also was yesterday any significance we got a confirmed newcomer other than that 3DS direct I didn't know about until today?

Back