SiFi

Star Spirit
Pronouns
he/him
MarioWiki
SiFi
looks like her skirt is just one of those ones that stick out a fair bit

or it could be that she's pregnant with wario and waluigi

You can't really connect this to the Marioverse (at least, not like that) when in the Marioverse the Stork delivers babies.

My headcanon is that the storks are part of an elaborate adoption service, because the sanitized version of birth is stupid beyond belief.

Anyway, I usually put more stock into artwork over spites, especially for older games with more limited graphical abilities. If the artwork says she's not preggers, she's probably not.

That's probably what I'd go for in most cases, but her different appearance ingame doesn't seem to be due to graphical limitations. It seems to me that it'd be easier to draw sprites of her with a normal figure in a one-piece dress.

Maybe the idea is that she's hiked up her dress in order to run (it looks like they use th standing sprite as part of the running animation, simply altering it with the second-from-the-left sprite). Even in the lifting poses, it looks like she's got the far hand still on the dress. Also, in the sprite to the left of the climbing one, there's a gap between her arm and the dress, suggesting it's her knee making the volume there, rather than a belly.

Wow you're right I guess I should have considered that sooner.

I guess what confused me was how a while ago I read the TVTropes article for for the game and Mama was listed under "Pregnant Badass", but that seems to be gone from the page now. At the time, I figured it was something mentioned in the manual, but when I recently played it I looked closely at the sprites and thought "is... is she...?" and there we go.

I think holding her arms to her belly is simply the way she walks

Back