Modern Mario Characters vs Original Counterparts

yoshiking14x

Retired
I am new here and I wanted to join the Super Mario Boards so badly, because there is no one else who can discuss about the franchise without calling me a nerd or a loser.
And the main topic is what character did you preferred?(Example: Classic Yoshi(saurian but cute) vs Modern Yoshi(The one with the humanoid body).

:wario:I want the original Wario to comeback(or at least the one paired with Waluigi) and the original Yoshi :yoshi:(sorry, but I think his original design and porpuse helped him to stand out more, rather than blend in with the other characters).

Keep in mind that this are just my opinions and I will respect yours as well, Thank you.

Well, at least there's someone else who prefers Yoshi's original design than his new putrid one.

Yeah, sure, let's bring back that fat, disgusting lazy-eyed freak from Super Mario Land. I'd like to see that thing in 3D, but I think we got a taste of it in Brawl.

Being called a nerd should be a compliment.

I prefer much more the recent Daisy than the older in Nintendo 64 games. Her design was too close to Peach, even her voice was slow and calm like Peach. Now she feels like a real tomboy, energic with a cheerful voice, very different from Peach.

Cirdec said:
I prefer much more the recent Daisy than the older in Nintendo 64 games. Her design was too close to Peach, even her voice was slow and calm like Peach. Now she feels like a real tomboy, energic with a cheerful voice, very different from Peach.
I agree.

Also, her voice transition didn't really keep up with her appearance change. In Mario Party 4, she had her overhauled look, but with her old "calm" voice, making it look awkward, especially if you've played the later games.

I prefer Deanna Mustard over Jen Taylor.

FreakStandingThere.png
<<<<
BabyLuigi_PiT_sprite.png

(it's still f---ng Baby Luigi though so I still love him)

I'd like to see some of that n64 Mario again, since he does have subtle differences that tickles my little nostalgia bone.

I like the new Luigi. He had improved a lot and he is a different character from Mario, plus they now show their relationship. Wario was less gross in comparison and I love to see his “Obey Wario” commercials and it is hilarious when Mario(or his friends) get the better of him. He can't be mario's evil counterpart if he is no longer antagonistic. Like always,just an opinion.

BowserSMBart.png

BowserNSMBU.png

Yeah modern one is better

Probably some N64 game, like Mario Party 3, I suppose.

101px-Babymariotennis.jpg

85px-Babymariositting.png

Prefer modern one too

I hope this will be the last time I will type about the modern Yoshi vs classic Yoshi thing(If this is already annoying you,sorry) but why does Yoshi's snout/nose is too ball like when he is in 3d?
Is it unintentially or done in porpuse? The other characters do look like their 2d counterparts. If I'm wrong what character dosen't resemble it's 2d counterpart?

No, Yoshi's nose is proportionally bigger in the more modern form. I'm sure it's done on purpose as a result of his more humanoid form.

Maᴙio said:
No, Yoshi's nose is proportionally bigger in the more modern form. I'm sure it's done on purpose as a result of his more humanoid form.

Now I see.
Can you believe that this is the same Wario?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhB8XG9_5Rc

Back