Characters you like and why you like them

Just click on "Forum Profile" under the big gray "Profile" tab at the top and go crazy, but not TOO crazy.

YoshiGo99 said:
He's always been my favorite Baby yet he's weak in the Baseball games, I still pick him when I am wanting a weak team to give myself a challenge.

He can't bat even to save his dang life. But on the bases, MAN is he fast

I still always pick the adorable little tyke though. His character is not judged by how poorly he bats or how much outs he makes his team gets, but rather, his heart of gold. <3

Ugh. I can't believe you'd make a post that sounds so syrupy.

I need to throw up.

You're gonna have to deal with it, sucker. Because there's no denying that Baby Luigi is the best character in existence*

*existence meaning Wario, Donkey Kong, or Honey Queen are not there

Ironically, I hated his crying the most

Maybe it's not so ironic because I hate seeing my baby cry :'(

yoshi: I admire their patience

Yoshi: Because he's so adorable and very hard to resist picking

Daisy: I like her cuz I love her personality and I do have a thing for tomboyish girls

Rosalina: I like her because of her backstory and she's very interesting.

Toad and Toadette: I like them both for the same reason, they're so cute!

Larry: I like him cuz for some reason when I choose him, it makes me happy

Ludwig: To me Ludwig, is one of those bad guys who aren't really bad guys (Wreck it Ralph reference)

Luigi: I connect to him and he's relatable to me on a personal level. His personality matches mine.

Mario: Because apparently no one else has him as their favorite character.

Donkey Kong: Because he's a big gorilla wearing a tie that is awesome to kick ass with and is also awesome to get his ass kicked by Mario.

Count Bleck: A cool villain with an interesting history who became a cool hero after being redeemed.

Waluigi: He's a meme His design is amazing and he is one of the few characters who rarely has full lines of dialogue that I think is still full of personality. Along with Mario, Luigi and Wario. But Waluigi has some of both Luigi AND Wario's appeal, and I love it.

Huey: Despite his game being mediocre to eh, he was a great character who I appreciated. They did a fantastic job with his sacrifice, to the point where I cried a bit.

Pink_Gold_Peach said:
Peach: She's cute and kind, but that doesn't stop her from being able to kick ass in several games were she's playable.
This so much.

My opinion has changed drastically since 2 years ago so here I go!

Baby Luigi: He's awesome, he's cute, he's the epitome of everything good with living, he's a scaredy-cat, and he's very fun to play as!!! Easily the best fictional character of all time!!!
Baby Mario: He's Baby Luigi's most favorite bro! Baby Mario is also very brave and sweet, and he'll stop at nothing to protect Baby Luigi!
Toadette: She's a cutie and she's full of charm! If there's someone in the Mushroom Kingdom who is very cheerful and animated, Toadette is one of the most!
Toad: Everyone's favorite little fungus who can take on things bigger than himself. He's also very cute, and being paired with Toadette just amplifies how cute they are!
Rosalina: A very powerful and beautiful protector of the cosmos. Rosalina is calm, reserved, and just a lovely space queen!

Luigi: Because apparently no one else I know dislikes him.

Hmm

Luigi: just for the sheer fact that he is a goofy and wacky character that i think the design works and i just appreciate his dialogue and reactions in a variety of games and situations. He makes me laugh and i couldnt ask for more really.

Rosalina: great design, pretty nice backstory, most of the time her voice is pretty nice, love her spaceship, and she is good to cute lumas, so good character.

Bowser Jr: Cute little guy and its that kind of cute that makes you giggle, while most people hate him for sunshine i actually liked him in that and just appreciate his future appearances even if some arent quite as good as others.

Peach: Despite the main games mostly treating her as a plot mcguffin, i do like her when she is playable, and she is helpful in pm64 and ttyd as well which is probably why i like her so much, her functionality in the spin-offs just works and makes her great, plus i love her design.

Kamek: Used to hate this guy for some reason or another, but after replaying yoshis island last year and exploring a few other little games, ive pretty much changed my mind, seems pretty good nowadays, so not too bad at all.

Wario: Never thought much of this guy until i explored more of the wario land game, thanks to my friend df for pointing me in the right direction, really like this guy and hes pretty awesome for being a total butter ball. He's just really wacky in a lot of ways and his voicing is always really good in other games, but wario land is where i like him the most for his various goofy powerups or transformations.

Well...

Diddy Kong: With Diddy Kong Racing being my favourite game, it made me love this monkey. And when he plays his tune, he makes me smile. And I love the colour of his hat and shirt.

Mario: He's the guy who got me into video games. He's brave and always eager to help Peach whenever she's in trouble.

Donkey Kong: His appearance in Donkey Kong 64 is what made me love this dumb ape. Also, he's strong, brave and his evil moment in Mario vs Donkey Kong was hilarious.

Peach: She's such a lovely princess and she's very kind. Also, she can float whenever playable in a mainstream game. Though I don't like how Nintendo often treats her like she wants to be kidnapped by Bowser.

Daisy: I used to not like her because I thought she looked a bit......plain in her old design. But come the Gamecube era where her design changed, I grew fond of her. She's cute, beautiful, cheerful and not too similar to Peach. Daisy is a bit of a tomboy by comparison as opposed to Peach who's a bit more of a girly-girl.

Yoshi: He's a cute, funny and fun character and comes in many different colours. He's funny when sticking his long tongue out. Plus he's been there for Mario, Luigi and the other characters when they were babies.

Let's seee...

Rosalina - Really like her design (turquoise dress, blond hair and star motif ftw <3), voice, backstory and serene, motherly personality. Also, she debuts in my favorite Mario game, so there's that~ one of my favorite female characters in entertainment.

Bowser - In spite of (or because of, lol) being a villain, he's one of the cooler characters in the series for me. Funny, yet also threatening and powerful, with excellent powers and abilities. He's one of my favorite villains in media :3

Will add more laterz

Waluigi: He's the best just a big purple goof who I started loving after seeing him dance in the Mario tennis ending.
Luigi: My favorite character growing up love the high jump
Daisy: Hi i'm Daisy.
Tatanga: My favorite underused villain
General Guy: He's great all his guys suck but he just chugs on.

Luigi: He can be badass, funny or adorable depending on the situation. I don't think there's any game where I didn't like him. I was so happy when he showed up to save the day towards the end of Color Splash, dialogue and all.

Antasma: His design is pure badass and he has an interesting backstory. Also bats are gr8

Bowser: Some of his appearances have been less than amazing, but he still has a cool design and (most of the time) an interesting personality. I feel like Odyssey is going to be one of his best appearances, as long as he has dialogue.

Mario - My definitive favorite character in all of gaming, his determination and whimsical bravery is always admirable. Even when faced with seemingly impossible odds, he somehow always manages to find a way to save the day.

Geno - He just has this really cool and mysterious aura to him, accompanied by a awesome design. I hope someday SquareEnix relinquishes their death grip on him so maybe he can reunite with Mario and co... but that's wishful thinking at this point. : /

Fawful - His transition from being Cackletta's lowly assistant to being the big bad of Bowser's Inside Story was masterfully done. Every line he utters is ridiculously quotable and I absolutely love that.

King K.Rool: His plans don't make sense half the time and his constant personality changes are amusing. I'd argue he's one of the most nonsensical villains in the franchise.

Back