"I heard you have a dragon problem?" (Chapter 50 / 50) It is done!

Re: "I heard you have a dragon problem?"

Stargazing said:
Gabumon said:
I am also working on chapter 45, but pointless real life bullshit is currently conspiring against me by wasting my time, so it'll still be a while until that's done.
That's perfectly okay, real life issues are nearly impossible to avoid, and I hope all goes well.

That being said, if we had an option to ditch real life and actually live together in our character forms in an actual MarioWiki city, I would.

And I'd bring my friends with me :yoshi:
uh, i actually enjoy being a human

also as nice as this community is i don't know if i'd want to live in a village made up of only us. meet up for a conference, sure, but nothing long-term lol

You're just scared of the group hugs.

Gabumon said:
You're just scared of the group hugs.
haha maybe, i've never been a hugger

honestly though i doubt the whole place would be like that. mariowiki's divided into several different subgroups, including but not limited to admins, people who actually edit the wiki, forumgoers, uniju and turb and everyone at #mariowiki, you and 22 and anton and ruai and bones and whoever else is in that group of friends, xephfrag/other pc gamers, etc.

literally the only thing that's in common with everyone here is that we all have enjoyed a mario game at some point in our lives

Well I do talk to other people sometimes, you know.

well obviously. i'm not saying the groups are super exclusive, i mean i spend most of my time these days playing dota and i'll stack with marty and groden but i still play minecraft on turb's server (and obviously i still drop by the forums daily)

most people aren't just hiding in their little subgroup

it was a stupid suggestion now that i think about it

whatever

what? no, the idea is fascinating

literally the only reason userpedia exists is so people can take this community and do crazy stuff with it

then i misinterperted completely what you guys are saying
i mean seriously i'm so lost

Stargazing said:
while i think a real village made up of introverted teenagers and twenty-somethings would be a complete disaster, in the fictional world none of that matters so who cares. freed from the constraints of reality we can analyze the psychological and sociological aspects of this community

so if you were serious then yes it was a silly suggestion

but if you weren't serious then it's an interesting suggestion

hence why on one hand i wouldn't really want to be part of such a thing but on the other hand it would be fascinating

Glaceon said:
Stargazing said:
compass-10pwuk7.png

:dk:
the compass only points north on this one

if you don't want me to be lost this is a horrible idea

Javelin said:
i wasn't really being serious
it would be cool but would enventually turn into disaster (case in point, the events of this comic)

but it is fasinating

Stargazing said:
Glaceon said:
Stargazing said:
compass-10pwuk7.png

:dk:
the compass only points north on this one

if you don't want me to be lost this is a horrible idea
Except if you know where is north, you know where the other directions are. So if you know which direction you need to go, you're already set.

that's not what i meant

even if i go in another direction, it shows north
it will not stop being north
it is brok- oh wait i forgot i can't use compasses without throwing off their magnetic field

nvm can you give me directions

Javelin said:
Stargazing said:
while i think a real village made up of introverted teenagers and twenty-somethings would be a complete disaster, in the fictional world none of that matters so who cares. freed from the constraints of reality we can analyze the psychological and sociological aspects of this community

so if you were serious then yes it was a silly suggestion

hence why on one hand i wouldn't really want to be part of such a thing but on the other hand it would be fascinating
Stargazing said:
it would be cool but would enventually turn into disaster (case in point, the events of this comic)

but it is fasinating
Sometimes I idly daydream what would happen if we all got sucked into a virtual Mario Wiki world.

Like, obviously everyone wouldn't be best friends with everyone - in all communities, subgroups form, that's human nature, but some sort of overall cooperation would happen. (Or maybe not, and it'd be rather dysfunctional and eventually collapse, or come to some sort of working order after a long and fitful gestation period.) There all sorts if possibilities as to how it could play out. I.e. it's interesting to wonder how age, personality and even popularity and power dynamics would translate into actual leadership: like, would Steve automatically be the leader because he's the wiki's founder, or would someone else take charge (or get put in charge by the community and/or circumstances), or would there be multiple leaders working together, or perhaps no clear leaders at all - either because folks work well together anyway or everyone's just off doing their own thing and not giving a crap about the rest (or somewhere between the extremes).

A lot of it would really depend on the circumstances: would we still need food, and have to deal with other messy life stuff, or would we just be digital beings who don't need to worry about that? Would there be external dangers, or weather, or anything like that that we'd need to protect ourselves from or even fight off, or would it be a sterile environment? Would we be humans or our avatars or some limbo in between? Would we get abilities like our avatars or would it be cosmetic only? Would wiki ranks translate into usable powers? Would there be a way to get back to reality that we could conceivably work towards or would we just have to wait for rescue and deal in the meantime? Could we die?

Endless nerdy "what if"s to keep the mind busy.

i doubt steve would still be in charge unless he was still paying for the digital space somehow

and who's to say we need one leader? we could set up a confederal system instead with representatives from the various subgroups showing up to decide on business

Javelin said:
i doubt steve would still be in charge unless he was still paying for the digital space somehow

and who's to say we need one leader? we could set up a confederal system instead with representatives from the various subgroups showing up to decide on business
Then the smart thing to do is form big cooperative groups secretly but present yourselves to the rest as a bunch of little groups in order to stuff the ballot boxes with extra reps. Anyway, ruling by committee never works, and leaders and followers naturally emerge, so even if it starts out communal we'd end up following certain people anyway - the real question is whether those influential/bossy figures will be able to work with each other, or if it'll be back to a dysfunctional committee, but this time of highly opinionated folks instead of a collection of reps from the various walks of wiki life, which is potentially much more volatile.

Lakituthequick said:
The idea of "MarioWiki Con" has passed a few times before, it still intrigues me.

An entire (fictional) village might be like a MMORPG or something.
Sword Art Online: Mariowiki Edition

plz happen

Stargazing said:

Disaster? Nowai! Everyone is getting along so well.

I even made a pair of friendship bracelets for Walkazo and me but then she went and put on both of them because she's a greedy meanie.

They were shiny.

I was totes a magpie in a former life - I can't help but want all the shiny stuffz for meself.

Gabumon said:
Stargazing said:
Disaster? Nowai! Everyone is getting along so well.
Unless we win and kick Mario out and make a power vacuum, and then all the cooperation will break down as we all start vying for the vacant top position.

Then the sequel will be called "I heard You Have a Leader Problem?" and be all about you having to return to town to try and defeat the new evil overlord. (That'll be me, btw. Y'all can keep your puny presidencies and mayoralties and whatevs, I'm gonna be the evil queen, and sit atop my shiny throne, and there's nothing you peasants will be able to do about it, ahahahaha.)

again, i really question the necessity of having a leader considering that we aren't exactly trying to accomplish anything as a community

Back