Mario Golf U

Why would you bother unlocking Toadette?

Ninelevendo said:
More in the line of the worst. You wouldn't bother unlocking the weakest character in the game.
She may be weak but I use her most of the time in Mario kart Wii and 8. Doesn't matter if she's the weakest, she's been unlockables in many other games.

Ninelevendo said:
More in the line of the worst. You wouldn't bother unlocking the weakest character in the game.

That's a pretty ignorant way to think about it. Toadette is the best character to use for Sky Island in World Tour, she was so helpful to have in the challenges for me. Besides, say you're doing Sky Island (or a course like that in this game) from a random selection and the other players chose Mario, Rosalina and Bowser. You'd have the upper hand. And with incredibly safe shots on other courses, it's very easy to Birdie every hole if you aim properly and if it's not Tournament Tees.

The regular Wii had no Mario Golf but I think Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort golfs were the Mario Golf replacements by Nintendo. I don't think the big N will make a Mario Golf U due to Wii Sports Club right. The 3DS/2DS was a good excuse to have Mario Golf revived because the Wii series was only for the Wii and Wii U.

Azusa Nakano said:
Ninelevendo said:

That's a pretty ignorant way to think about it. Toadette is the best character to use for Sky Island in World Tour, she was so helpful to have in the challenges for me. Besides, say you're doing Sky Island (or a course like that in this game) from a random selection and the other players chose Mario, Rosalina and Bowser. You'd have the upper hand. And with incredibly safe shots on other courses, it's very easy to Birdie every hole if you aim properly and if it's not Tournament Tees.

Except that, generally speaking, Drivers are harder to Hole-In-One with than, say, Bowser's 5 Iron. If you're good enough to unlock a character, you can obviously shoot some good shots. (Except for Mario Golf: World Tour's unlocking method) If you perfect shot most of the time, Bowser would still have an advantage over a weak character, even on a Par 3.

Pwwnd123 said:
The regular Wii had no Mario Golf but I think Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort golfs were the Mario Golf replacements by Nintendo. I don't think the big N will make a Mario Golf U due to Wii Sports Club right. The 3DS/2DS was a good excuse to have Mario Golf revived because the Wii series was only for the Wii and Wii U.
Then why was Mario Golf not on the DS? I think that we are getting Wii U versions of Mario Golf and Mario Tennis despite Wii Sports Club.

Lumastar said:
Pwwnd123 said:
Then why was Mario Golf not on the DS? I think that we are getting Wii U versions of Mario Golf and Mario Tennis despite Wii Sports Club.

Epically when Power Tennis was better than Wii Sports. And maybe a realistic Mario Golf option would be fun. The reason behind Camelot hating the DS? No idea. Probably because of its horrible graphics, size and etc. that would make it rather hard to get too many good games out of it. I mean, imagine how it would look. Shiver. Because the GBA wasn't that great in the graphics department. And the story line was completely unoriginal.

Mario Golf: World Tour is good, but lacks some features unlike Toadstool Tour. Wii U would fit so well for a Mario Golf, I hope to see one.

Ninelevendo said:
Azusa Nakano said:
Ninelevendo said:

Except that, generally speaking, Drivers are harder to Hole-In-One with than, say, Bowser's 5 Iron. If you're good enough to unlock a character, you can obviously shoot some good shots. (Except for Mario Golf: World Tour's unlocking method) If you perfect shot most of the time, Bowser would still have an advantage over a weak character, even on a Par 3.
Not sure what most of that has to do with anything I've said, but getting perfect shots over the course of nine or eighteen holes is incredibly difficult and one mistake could be costly for you, especially on something like Rock-Candy Mines where that would likely mean Out of Bounds for you and set you back. Using Toadette makes the possibility of this happening very unlikely if you're a decent shot.

Bowser wouldn't at all have the advantage because safely getting on to the green is already rather challenging with that short amount of leeway, and one mistake on a Par 3 could mean a par or worse (especially on Sky Island) probably. Toadette is pretty much guaranteed safe passage on to the green of a Par 3, so really Bowser can only match or do worse than her on Par 3s.

With Bowser, if you don't hit perfectly the sweet spot, at best you fall to grass, at worst you are OB.
With weak characters, if you don't hit perfectly the sweet spot, at best you still fall to fairway, at worst you fall in grass.

Wii Sports golf is so bland when compared to Toadstool Tour. I mean hell I guess both Nintendo and Camelot were lazy to create a Mario Golf Motion Tour.

Azusa Nakano said:
Ninelevendo said:
Azusa Nakano said:
Ninelevendo said:

Not sure what most of that has to do with anything I've said, but getting perfect shots over the course of nine or eighteen holes is incredibly difficult and one mistake could be costly for you, especially on something like Rock-Candy Mines where that would likely mean Out of Bounds for you and set you back. Using Toadette makes the possibility of this happening very unlikely if you're a decent shot.

Bowser wouldn't at all have the advantage because safely getting on to the green is already rather challenging with that short amount of leeway, and one mistake on a Par 3 could mean a par or worse (especially on Sky Island) probably. Toadette is pretty much guaranteed safe passage on to the green of a Par 3, so really Bowser can only match or do worse than her on Par 3s.

If you were put an Pro Bowser and Toadette, the outcome wouldn't be certain. A lot of the advantages and disadvantages actually come from the type of play style you're using, which, when put in simple terms, comes to two main techniques: Rolling (or chipping) or Backspin. If you rely on using backspin to make into the hole, you'll find weaker or low-flying characters are worse for you. If you rely on letting the ball roll into the hole, generally low or weak characters will fare better. However, both of these need you to know how each club hits. If, on a par 3, you have Toadette and rely on backspin, she will not generate as much backspin as Bowser will, due to the fact that her weak distance will need her to use clubs that bounce more. This can change the outcome of a lot of shots, and other things like wind, slope, distance of the hole, where you hit the ball and even player skill can change it even more. So it all depends on the situation and your reaction to that situation, leaving both on advantage on Par 3's. If your doing a Birdie challenge, it would be a better idea to use Toadette in case you screw up. But in competition when you don't screw up, it can go either way.

Ninelevendo said:
Azusa Nakano said:
Ninelevendo said:
Azusa Nakano said:
Ninelevendo said:

If you were put an Pro Bowser and Toadette, the outcome wouldn't be certain. A lot of the advantages and disadvantages actually come from the type of play style you're using, which, when put in simple terms, comes to two main techniques: Rolling (or chipping) or Backspin. If you rely on using backspin to make into the hole, you'll find weaker or low-flying characters are worse for you. If you rely on letting the ball roll into the hole, generally low or weak characters will fare better. However, both of these need you to know how each club hits. If, on a par 3, you have Toadette and rely on backspin, she will not generate as much backspin as Bowser will, due to the fact that her weak distance will need her to use clubs that bounce more. This can change the outcome of a lot of shots, and other things like wind, slope, distance of the hole, where you hit the ball and even player skill can change it even more. So it all depends on the situation and your reaction to that situation, leaving both on advantage on Par 3's. If your doing a Birdie challenge, it would be a better idea to use Toadette in case you screw up. But in competition when you don't screw up, it can go either way.

I don't see the point in only using one of those playstyles, but if Toadette forces you to Backspin on a Par 3 and hers is weak (though her lower shots kind of fix that), you can easily adapt to that. Just make sure the ball lands closer to the hole (or Super Backspin) and you're fine.

Regardless of all of that, being in competition instead of the Birdie challenge makes no difference; it's still possible to screw up either way so Bowser is still at a disadvantage (on a Par 3) because he has so much excess power that isn't needed here but still puts him at risk of a terrible performance if he messes up. He also suffers from the wind more than Toadette especially because his shots are going to be using more vertical clubs, so there's also that. On a Par 4, that would be where they're even if Bowser can't successfully drive to the green as they would probably both get Birdies if Bowser doesn't screw up. On a Par 5, Bowser would have the advantage because he could easily Eagle these holes (assuming no mistakes) while Toadette usually can't without the help of items.

Really, playing as Bowser is a huge risk for a huge reward while Toadette has no risk for a small reward. One screw-up could be costly, so unless you can get on average 25+ perfect shots in a row or get lucky if you're only a bit off the sweet spot, Toadette is generally the better bet (plus she has Straight shots) but stronger characters like Paratroopa, Bowser Jr. and to a lesser extent characters like Nabbit and Daisy would be better to use.

Azusa Nakano said:
Ninelevendo said:
Azusa Nakano said:
Ninelevendo said:
Azusa Nakano said:
Ninelevendo said:

I don't see the point in only using one of those playstyles, but if Toadette forces you to Backspin on a Par 3 and hers is weak (though her lower shots kind of fix that), you can easily adapt to that. Just make sure the ball lands closer to the hole (or Super Backspin) and you're fine.

Regardless of all of that, being in competition instead of the Birdie challenge makes no difference; it's still possible to screw up either way so Bowser is still at a disadvantage (on a Par 3) because he has so much excess power that isn't needed here but still puts him at risk of a terrible performance if he messes up. He also suffers from the wind more than Toadette especially because his shots are going to be using more vertical clubs, so there's also that. On a Par 4, that would be where they're even if Bowser can't successfully drive to the green as they would probably both get Birdies if Bowser doesn't screw up. On a Par 5, Bowser would have the advantage because he could easily Eagle these holes (assuming no mistakes) while Toadette usually can't without the help of items.

Really, playing as Bowser is a huge risk for a huge reward while Toadette has no risk for a small reward. One screw-up could be costly, so unless you can get on average 25+ perfect shots in a row or get lucky if you're only a bit off the sweet spot, Toadette is generally the better bet (plus she has Straight shots) but stronger characters like Paratroopa, Bowser Jr. and to a lesser extent characters like Nabbit and Daisy would be better to use.

Like I said though, it all comes to the response. If your Toadette on a Par 3, the slope can drastically change the outcome of where the ball lands, take hole 3 (or it might be 4) of Sky Island as an example. (Even though that's the hole I got a hole in one with Toadette, but that's. It the point. Using your driver to get a hole in one or keep it on the green is much harder than using a 5 Iron because of the bounce related to the club. If there isn't any wind, Bowser will have the advantage. If it's a hole like H2 of SI then Toadette would have the advantage. If the wing is blowing to the left, Toadette would have a slight advantage. If the hole has a small green and is long, Bowser has the advantage. Combine these factors on each hole randomly, and you get an even match. And when you play as Bowser, you're not going to screw up that badly unless you miss the sweet spot or it's a very thin hole.

But usually, Toadette has advantage on Par 3, with weak power it means the difference between each level of level of power is smaller than Bowser, which can be very helpful if you slighly miss the shot.

Cirdec said:
But usually, Toadette has advantage on Par 3, with weak power it means the difference between each level of level of power is smaller than Bowser, which can be very helpful if you slighly miss the shot.
But if you don't screw up to heavily, Bowser may have more of an advantage than Toadette due to other elements. I played a quick round against a Pro Toadette, and she only got 2 points ahead after a nine hole round. (Hole-In-Ones) An I only hit two perfect shots the hole time.

Cirdec said:

^ That, and:

1. If you're anyone on any hole with slopes on the green, you factor in the slopes.

2. Toadette wouldn't have to use a driver on any of the holes to begin with, so that point is rather exaggerated.

3. The above point is exaggerated so your wind advantage theory is already flawed and the only wind-related advantage between Bowser and Toadette is her strength over him when there's any kind of wind involved as her shots are lower, along with this making her Backspin/Topspins more powerful than they would be at the base height as I've mentioned earlier.

4. Bowser would do well on a long hole, but with his massive distance level gaps leaving you liable to under/overshoot and terrible sweet spot and control allowing a powerful shot deviation, small greens would be very hard for him to land on, actually, so Toadette would have more of an advantage there because she could get there in no more than three strokes with no risk of not landing on the small green.

5. If you miss the exact Sweet Spot but make it in the green part of the bar, the low Control already makes the shot swerve away from the target area so if there's a water hazard, bunker or just an out of bounds area within the swerve radius, that could prove fatal. So if that's just not being exact, completely missing it would be disastrous.

Ninelevendo said:
Cirdec said:
But if you don't screw up to heavily, Bowser may have more of an advantage than Toadette due to other elements. I played a quick round against a Pro Toadette, and she only got 2 points ahead after a nine hole round. (Hole-In-Ones) An I only hit two perfect shots the hole time.

Point Play with one of the players being human is a terrible example to use. Besides, as it's incredibly hard to get all Perfects in a round you're almost screwed against Toadette as Bowser since she'll never make a bad shot (she did get two Hole-In-Ons there) and would almost never get worse than a Birdie.

Back