Casey Jones said:
Dr. Javelin said:
best grass starter is still torterra

4 words:

1. Ice

2. Beam

3. Torterra

4. Fainted

Still, Torterra is the best grass starter in terms of design.
i didn't say he was good at battling

still, in-game he's pretty good. earthquake/wood hammer is fairly good coverage, and that's all you need in-game

the difference is that salamence, rayquaza, and garchomp have enough speed to hit whoever's trying to attack them with flamethrower or stone edge. torterra on the other hand is so slow that pretty much any ice-type outspeeds him

Do you realize GameFreak created the Fairy type because dragons like Salamence and Garchomp, and the dragon type in general, were too overpowered?

Cirdec said:
Do you realize GameFreak created the Fairy type because dragons like Salamence and Garchomp, and the dragon type in general, were too overpowered?
This. I love dragons but I realize how overpowered they were in previous generations.

Yeah, I know that's why Fairies were created. But it still doesn't change that Torterra's double ice weakness makes it difficult. In addition to Javelin's speed argument, most dragons can just use a fire attack.

Crocodile Dippy said:
how about we cut pikachu to make room for sceptile

that'll satisfy everyone

I love how everyone uses the word cut when they say something like that.

Dr. Javelin said:
best grass starter is still torterra

Agreed.

MKGuy said:
Infernape master race.

True that.

Captain GBAToad said:
I was gonna say why not :luigi: since he's green but then I remembered that he's an electric-type and not a fire-type

He should be part grass because he portrayed it in TTYD. :dk:

3D Player 2004 said:
Mariofan169 said:
So you want one of the original 12 cut to complete a triangle you made up.

...seems legit.

She was only in the original 12 in the 1st place because Sakurais bias towards things popular in Japan.
He has that bias because he is Japanese.

'nuff said.

Cirdec said:
Base stat mean nothing in Smash Bros., if it was tha case, Mewtwo would have been faster and more powerful than Pikachu.

I'm just saying for people who think Torterra is slow because it fits the slow trope of a turtle

It would be slow in Smash, regardless of base speed comparison. A giant turtle moving across the map faster than Jigglypuff? That would look ridiculous, even for Smash.

A genetically modified Pokémon, made for battle, tall, threatning, the master of psychic power, has less power than a small electric mouse.

they nerf everyone for smash. otherwise snake would have killed everyone with his handgun that he wears into battle, and ganondorf would have been like ike but better because he would use his sword

Dr. Javelin said:
they nerf everyone for smash. otherwise snake would have killed everyone with his handgun that he wears into battle, and ganondorf would have been like ike but better because he would use his sword
If Smash characters were consistent with games, Ganondorf would roflstomp everyone except Link.

oh great not another canon argument :rolleyes:

why would the put sceptile in smash
they have 4 pokemon reps already
5 would be too much

Ritsu Tainaka said:
5 would be too much

It's to complete the 100 sided polyhedron

Dr. Javelin said:
Ganondorf still needs his sword if/when he returns.
Ritsu Tainaka said:
5 would be too much
So Mario can have five reps but Pokémon can't? Jigglypuff will return, and we will either get Mewtwo or Sceptile (probably the former).

GalacticPetey said:
Ritsu Tainaka said:
5 would be too much
Nah man, Jigglypuff.
oh woops i forgot about her
well there u go
thats the final list of all pokemon
no sceptile confirmed

Ritsu Tainaka said:
GalacticPetey said:
Ritsu Tainaka said:
5 would be too much
Nah man, Jigglypuff.
oh woops i forgot about her
well there u go
thats the final list of all pokemon
no sceptile confirmed
Lumastar said:
So Mario can have five reps but Pokémon can't? Jigglypuff will return, and we will either get Mewtwo or Sceptile (probably the former).

So since Jigglypuff will definitely be in the game, would you guys be satisfied with Mewtwo as a Pokeball Pokemon?

but thats 6 pokemon reps
mewtwo and sceptile are for sure not coming back

pikachu, lucario, charizard, greninja, jigglypuff
thats pretty solid if you ask me

Back