Rayman confirmed????????????

supermariofan

Dry Bowser
All we know so far is that he's a trophy, but who knows? And if he does get in I can guarantee you that he's Snake's replacement. Also Ubisoft shows a lot of support for the Wii U, and playing as Rayman would be really cool.

Rayman would be awesome, but four third-party characters is a bit much.

Also Ubisoft supported the Wii U big time and just putting their mascot as a trophy is kind of a weak way to repay them don't you think?

It kinda boggles my mind too. But I don't think Sakurai would reveal a character as a Trophy and end up playable later on.

HOWEVER, I do think the possible extensive focus on 3rd Party content may boost Rayman in the 5th iteration of Smash Bros. Cause I personally think by the time the 5th one's come out. Nintendo won't have much left for really hyping 1st Party newcomers (Unless of course, Ridley or King K. Rool aren't playable in Smash 4. But still that's only two characters). I think Nintendo will probably start reaching for alot more 3rd Party stuff starting with the next one. Rayman being included. Sonic getting another character (Tails preferably, though they could grow it past just Tails since Sonic would be an established franchise in Smash Bros. by then), and new IPs (Not 3rd Party) like the Inkling from Splatoon also getting in.

Rayman has been deconfirmed for Smash 4 I think. But suddenly he could be at the forefront for the next time in terms of 3rd Parties for the next Smash after this one.

i'm fairly certain none of them did

sonic was on some sega console, pac-man came from an arcade machine, i'm pretty sure snake didn't come from nintendo (could be wrong)

heck even mario originated from an arcade, he's as foreign as pac-man at this point

Иeptune said:
i'm fairly certain none of them did

sonic was on some sega console, pac-man came from an arcade machine,i'm pretty sure snake didn't come from nintendo (could be wrong)

heck even mario originated from an arcade, he's as foreign as pac-man at this point
Technically, Metal Gear (Snake's debut) was on the NES, but it was on the MSX2 first. Then again, that version never came to America, so...

Edit: ninja'd

Rayman was in more Nintendo consoles than Snake, and I think he'd be more fitting than Snake

But this is really unexpected. I love the Rayman trophy, and it's the best thing I've heard about for this announcement.

OMGOMGOMGOMG

Welp, I'm actually holding my breath for Rayman.

I really want him playable in this game, but I thought his chances are super slim. This trophy made my day. :D

Maᴙio said:
OMGOMGOMGOMG

Welp, I'm actually holding my breath for Rayman.

I really want him playable in this game, but I thought his chances are super slim. This trophy made my day. :D
I wouldn't get your hopes up too high, when Brawl was announced I was hoping for Sora a little too much

http://i.gyazo.com/9b4afa677a109a8136d5fb0d9eff77a1.png

the "rayman joins the battle" image is very similar to this

EDIT: but then again they all are so idk

that mewtwo artwork looks new

ok i'm legit pulling for that leak to be real because look at his pose on the original rayman boxart:

rayman-boxart.jpg

and then look at his pose on his render

1423939190171.png

homage

supermariofan said:
I wish they could say something clever instead of Rayman joins the battle.

the most plausible thing i've heard regarding it is 'it probably pops up when you successfully download him'

I have a feeling I'm gonna main him along with Duck Hunt, Shulk and Little Mac.

Okay we have a DLC Pokemon, a DLC 3rd party now all we need is a DLC Zelda...like Impa

Back