What's the worst book you've ever read?

not sure if sfw, but the Lovely Bones is the worst book i've ever read. it was required reading for school over the summer when i was in like 10th grade or something, and it was so bad and disturbing that i couldnt finish it enough to get past the first chapter, let alone do the summer reading assignment. i still passed that test tho, because i bullshat the answers, but it was possibly the worst reading experience of my life.

Mudkip said:
not sure if sfw, but the Lovely Bones is the worst book i've ever read. it was required reading for school over the summer when i was in like 10th grade or something, and it was so bad and disturbing that i couldnt finish it enough to get past the first chapter, let alone do the summer reading assignment. i still passed that test tho, because i bullshat the answers, but it was possibly the worst reading experience of my life.
>Lovely Bones
>Required reading

Did your school/teacher even do half a second of research on that book? I mean, that is a pretty mature and disturbing read. I mean, I wouldn't mind one bit, but for others...

Dracula: The Un-Dead, supposedly by Dacre Stoker, but his name was really just slapped on to sell copies, and Ian Holt is the real mastermind behind this monstrosity.

Let's see, what's the best possible way to fuck up a sequel?

Let's start by not only saying that practically everything in the original book was flat out wrong, suggest that the inferior film adaptations were closer to the truth, and hammer the point home by having Dracula confront the original book's author about these "inaccuracies" and kill him.

Oh, and let's also have the heroine ditch a perfectly good romance from the first book so that we can instead pair her with the character who metaphorically raped her in said first book.

Baby Luigi said:
Viridi said:
Maᴙio said:
The Scarlet Letter

Lost interest in it within a few pages. The thing was so hard to understand.
oh this one too

i just love books that spend multiple pages describing a forest instead of having stuff actually happen
My sister told me that Victor Hugo's Les Miserables spends like too much pages talking about a damn vine or something.

I think it's before the time where people got paid by the word AND before padding of crap is a bad thing.
Not exactly; Les Miserables does tend to go off on random tangents, but I didn't find the description to be really weird. It was just when he would go off for a dozen pages talking about Waterloo for no apparent reason that got annoying, so I just would skip to the next part of dialogue.

The story was interesting enough to keep me going, and there's a lot of stuff in the book that's done better than the play.

Not BMB said:
No-Face said:
House of Seven Gables. Written by the same guy as the Scarlett Letter, which I fortunately never read. Also, I hated The Hobbit.

On the subject of Things Fall Apart, my father said he looked at Okonkwo as a role model, which scares me.

I didn't hate The Hobbit, but when I read it for school, I fell asleep. I literally would be like in a middle of a page and then I'll wake up with my thumb still on the page I left off.

It was a great way to fall asleep for me.
I read The Hobbit last month and I liked it but I prefer the films. I know they added characters that weren't in the book like Legolas, Tauriel and Saruman among other things but still.

The worst book I've ever read was this biography about Benjamin Franklin that was basically just ripping off Benjamin Franklin's autobiography. On almost every page it said stuff like "as stated in Benjamin Franklin's autobiography." Really I guess the book was good if it was intended to be a commercial for Benjamin Franklin's autobiography.

The worst fiction book I've ever read is this romance novel I read when I was in the waiting room at the doctor's office.

Also Anton I have a hard time believing liberals in your class liked Atlas Shrugged. Liberals think Ayn Rand is Satan reincarnate.

Vladimir Puddin said:
Liberals think Ayn Rand is Satan reincarnate.

Meh, I think she's just a ---ing crazy lunatic crackhead

Vladimir Puddin said:
Also Anton I have a hard time believing liberals in your class liked Atlas Shrugged. Liberals think Ayn Rand is Satan reincarnate.

Well idk what else to tell you other than it happened? Maybe they were just sucking up to the teacher. If you think I'm lying then whatevs. :goomba:

Vladimir Puddin said:
Liberals think Ayn Rand is Satan reincarnate.
I can think of several other people. Ayn Rand is insane, although dangerously insane.

Morty said:
Well idk what else to tell you other than it happened? Maybe they were just sucking up to the teacher. If you think I'm lying then whatevs. :goomba:
Oh yeah maybe they were sucking up to the teacher. They sound dumb.

Back