Mario Kart 9 Roster Speculation Thread

3D Player 2004 said:
Maᴙio said:
TempestBlade said:
Mario Kart 9 will on PS4/Xbox1, because I think Wii U is Nintendo's final home console. (Nintendo's greatest failed console, but first party games are amazing.)
Greatest failed console goes to Virtual Boy, and even then, I suppose they did continue manufacturing consoles after that.

Seriously, Wii U will definitely NOT be Nintendo's final home console. Do you know that the other two companies aren't faring much better than Nintendo, do you?

And did you know that the Wii U is at least outselling the XBox1 and the PSVita. In fact, it is right in the middle of the group.
Wii U is outselling the Xbox one partially because it was out a year early.

TempestBlade said:
Oh I did missing Virtual Boy. This console is discontinued after under 2 years.

http://vgchartz.com
Xbox1 sales increase is faster than Wii U. But PSVita is very slow.
Nintendo is still the biggest video game company. Their annual losses are pennies compared to what Sony and Microsoft have to deal with.

Nintendo is operating on profits unlike the other two.

Besides, the only reason Xbone has a faster rate of sales is that it's been advertised a lot compared to the Wii U. Both suffer from a lack of games, but Xbone has less ignorant people.

Maᴙio said:
TempestBlade said:
Oh I did missing Virtual Boy. This console is discontinued after under 2 years.

http://vgchartz.com
Xbox1 sales increase is faster than Wii U. But PSVita is very slow.
Nintendo is still the biggest video game company. Their annual losses are pennies compared to what Sony and Microsoft have to deal with.

Nintendo is operating on profits unlike the other two.

Besides, the only reason Xbone has a faster rate of sales is that it's been advertised a lot compared to the Wii U. Both suffer from a lack of games, but Xbone has less ignorant people.

Huh? Although EggsBox did have the worst motion controls of the lot. (play air guitar on the Kinect my hands went through my body)

The next Mario Kart installment will include Sonic. He will be walking.

Mario4Ever said:
The next Mario Kart installment will include Sonic. He will be walking.
Except that he will not be for the same reason as Mario wasn't in Sega All Star Racing. Why Sonic needs a ride is beyond me. Despite that "The Worlds Fastest Hedgehog" isn't exactly what I'd call a title.

Magikrazy said:
Mii, obviously.
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Yoshi
Toad
Koopa Troopa
Donkey Kong
Bowser
Wario
Daisy
Waluigi
Rosalina
Shy Guy
Metal Mario
Lakitu
Toadette
Nabbit
Hammer Bro
Kamek
Rusted Copper Luigi
I like this, but I'd add Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach only because it seems weird to have a mineral Luigi and none for Mario and Peach. Also, Nintendo hasn't been all that consistent lately when it comes to Mario Kart, so 22 characters is possible.

That One Weird Dude Who Plays Mario And Eats Burgers All Day said:
I will only list newcomers:
Fawful,

This is called the speculation thread not wishful thinking.

Mcmadness said:
Fawful,

Fawful is a popular Mario & Luigi character, and the M&L series is only on handhelds, so...

Mcmadness said:
Fawful,

And I speculate that Fawful (or another RPG character) will one day be added to a Mario spinoff.

Mcmadness said:
Fawful,

And I speculate that Fawful (or another RPG character) will one day be added to a Mario spinoff.

How many installments do we have to go through before you get it through your skull that its not going to happen?

You're not speculating, you're praying.

You two go through this every time that someone mentions Fawful or Super Paper Mario. Let it go. Someone might get banned.

Why would it never happen? That's an entire spinoff full of original characters to use, they can't ignore it forever.

Sure they can, there is nothing stopping them from doing so.

But why should they? I doubt they actually make the decision to ignore those characters; they just haven't scraped deep enough in the barrel yet. They'll get there eventually, and I've been anticipating it since pre-MK7.

But why should they? I doubt they actually make the decision to ignore those characters; they just haven't scraped deep enough in the barrel yet. They'll get there eventually, and I've been anticipating it since pre-MK7.

First they need to get through the following Kongs:

Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
Funky Kong
Cranky Kong
Lanky Kong
Kiddy Kong

and this evil dude:

King K Rool

And every time a new Mario game comes out that just pushes them further downwards.

They have absolutely no reason to even remotely acknowledge them for anything.

3D Player 2004 said:

Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
Funky Kong
Cranky Kong
Lanky Kong
Kiddy Kong

and this evil dude:

King K Rool
Diddy, Funky, Dixie OR Cranky (not both) and K. Rool are the only tolerable ones on that list right now. Why should a series that barely even has Mario in it get all those reps while an entire subseries starring Mario is completely ignored?
Mcmadness said:
Except, you know, the fans that actually want them.

3D Player 2004 said:

Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
Funky Kong
Cranky Kong
Lanky Kong
Kiddy Kong

and this evil dude:

King K Rool
Diddy, Funky, Dixie OR Cranky (not both) and K. Rool are the only tolerable ones on that list right now. Why should a series that barely even has Mario in it get all those reps while an entire subseries starring Mario is completely ignored?
Mcmadness said:

DK and Mario have major history together, its not rocket science.

And that fan base isn't very large. Don't know how many times I have to tell you that.

Probably when Betelgeuse or Eta Carinae explode they'll be added

Any day now...

Baby Man said:

Probably when Betelgeuse or Eta Carinae explode they'll be added

Any day now...
I bet even when they explode, Fawful has yet to appear in an official Mario Kart game.

Roserade the Real Bombchu said:
Magikrazy said:
Mii, obviously.
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Yoshi
Toad
Koopa Troopa
Donkey Kong
Bowser
Wario
Daisy
Waluigi
Rosalina
Shy Guy
Metal Mario
Lakitu
Toadette
Nabbit
Hammer Bro
Kamek
Rusted Copper Luigi
I like this, but I'd add Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach only because it seems weird to have a mineral Luigi and none for Mario and Peach. Also, Nintendo hasn't been all that consistent lately when it comes to Mario Kart, so 22 characters is possible.
Bolded because you missed it.

Fawful, Kamek, Nabbit, E. Gadd, and Toadsworth.
We all have dreams, but we can't confuse those dreams for reality. I'm sorry, but Fawful will never be in Mario Kart. Simple as that. Back before Mario Kart DS came out, I would have said "maybe" because that was during the height of his popularity. However, he has met his fate; he's been killed off for real. The Mario & Luigi series is still continuing without him, and you're the only person who still gives a damn*. I'll be honest; I would love to play Mario Kart as Foreman Spike, but I'm not constantly going "Foreman Spike for Mario Kart!" just to have yet another argument with mcmadness. You know why? Because I know that Foreman Spike has had his 15 minutes of fame, just as Fawful has. If this was a wish list thread, then I wouldn't say a word about this. But this thread is for actual speculation. So who do you think will really appear in Mario Kart?

*you're probably not the only person who still gives a damn

The middle three have a possibility (Dang Nabbit! I hate him! Why can't Nintendo forget about him?). As much as I like the Beanish maker of stupid kid cartoons in which red and green eat non-beefy mustard of doom sandwiches that while having FURY!!!, I highly doubt that we'll ever see him again. Although, there was this one "Zeekeeper Guide" who literally said "I have excitement!", which makes me suspicious. Toads worth doesn't have the *cough*worth or fan base to make it, especially with Captain Toad and his recent absence of importance in most games.

Mcmadness said:
3D Player 2004 said:

Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
Funky Kong
Cranky Kong
Lanky Kong
Kiddy Kong

and this evil dude:

King K Rool
Mcmadness said:

DK and Mario have major history together, its not rocket science.

And that fan base isn't very large. Don't know how many times I have to tell you that.
The fanbase is a lot larger then you know. Fawful's like a cult character in some ways, his fanbase isn't ginormous, but the people who like him literally drool over him. So don't discredit him just yet (Or any other RPG character at that.)
And please, no flamewar.

Back