Mario Kart 9 Roster Speculation Thread

Having a vocal fanbase doesn't make it a large one.

And yes I will count them out, fawful didn't even appear at the height of his popularity for pete's sake.

Also this isn't a flame war. I'm not flaming anyone, merely pointing out a fact that some people just refuse to accept.

It's not a fact that Fawful is never going to get into a spinoff. It's just unlikely. Someone probably said that it was a fact Honey Queen would never be in a spinoff.

MKGuy said:
It's not a fact that Fawful is never going to get into a spinoff. It's just unlikely. Someone probably said that it was a fact Honey Queen would never be in a spinoff.

Honey Queen while a meh addition was at least included back when the games she was in were relevant and were major games in the franchise.

Not only is Fawful no longer relevant but he's from the rpgs, nothing ever gets in from the rpgs.

He is never going to get in.

That One Weird Dude Who Plays Mario And Eats Burgers All Day said:
Mcmadness said:
nothing ever gets in from the rpgs.
>Goomboss
Came from Super Mario 64 DS actually.
>Star Spirits
Minor Role
>Brawl trophies/stickers
Minor Role

All of which appeared in non-RPG Mario/Smash games. I wouldn't rule it out.

Wow.

Two occasions in mid-'00s and some trophies/stickers. Well I don't about you, mcmadness, but I'm 100% convinced! Let's put in some random RPG thingies.

Grate Guy for Mario Kart 9!

Disclaimer: sarcasm

And 3D Player, Goomboss is from Paper Mario. Next time do some research.

Mcmadness said:
>Goomboss
>Star Spirits
>Brawl trophies/stickers

Goomboss was perfectly fine as they needed a king mook for goombas and even then they changed his name. Also wasn't playable and its model was easily imported from SM64DS like all the bosses in MKDS and ultimately nothing has since come from it.

Thats Mario Party, also not playable.

Everything is pretty much referenced in Smash, thats like saying Donkey Kong will be a major Zelda character in a game because both him and Link were in smash.

So yes I am going to rule it out and will continue to do as they continue to not get in MK in any significant manner.

Mcmadness said:
>Goomboss
>Star Spirits
>Brawl trophies/stickers

Let's not forget the Koopatrols in Mario Pinball Land.

Thats so minor I'm surprised you'd even bring it up.

Magikrazy said:
What is Mario Pinball Land?

Pretty much what the title says. Its a pinball game starring Mario. Honestly its really not that good, the physics are off and its ultimately more frustrating than fun.

Baby Peach was an RPG character

she's in the gray area anyway

True dat. And the Goomba King is separate to Goomboss. They aren't the same. Goomboss = Goomba King. Goomboss may be based on Goomba King, but I treat em like separate characters. I own all the games he appears in, and their personality isn't the same.

Are we really arguing about the inclusion of RPG characters in Mario Kart?

I'm sorry FTG64, but please just stop acting like Nintendo is going to suddenly start adding them into the game just to please fans like you. RPG characters do have a chance, but we also have a chance that a lightning bolt could strike us or one of us win the next lottery. The odds are there and it's not impossible, but the outcome is incredibly slim to none. If you want to post that you want Fawful, that's fine, but understand that "speculate" doesn't mean the same as "I wish", because this thread is about characters that you can see Nintendo putting in, not ones that you personally want. I mean, driving Link in a kart would be awesome, but I know that will never happen, nor should it. I'm not saying that Link has a better chance than Fawful, but do understand that this discussion blows up every time it is brought up.

I do wish that Nintendo would not ignore the RPG characters as much as they do, but they're Nintendo. We're not. You can't expect someone else to do what you wish and dream about. All it comes off as is you moaning and complaining about how Nintendo isn't giving you your way and that Nintendo is not seeing what you think is "the right thing". I mean, I'm sorry if I'm not yelling at everyone else, because I know that it takes two to argue, but please, can we all just break up this RPG character discussion about whether or not Nintendo should add them that always ends up ending with "Well Nintendo added [blank] to this game, they can do it to this"?

Not BMB said:
Are we really arguing about the inclusion of RPG characters in Mario Kart?

I'm sorry FTG64, but please just stop acting like Nintendo is going to suddenly start adding them into the game just to please fans like you. RPG characters do have a chance, but we also have a chance that a lightning bolt could strike us or one of us win the next lottery. The odds are there and it's not impossible, but the outcome is incredibly slim to none. If you want to post that you want Fawful, that's fine, but understand that "speculate" doesn't mean the same as "I wish", because this thread is about characters that you can see Nintendo putting in, not ones that you personally want. I mean, driving Link in a kart would be awesome, but I know that will never happen, nor should it. I'm not saying that Link has a better chance than Fawful, but do understand that this discussion blows up every time it is brought up.

I do wish that Nintendo would not ignore the RPG characters as much as they do, but they're Nintendo. We're not. You can't expect someone else to do what you wish and dream about. All it comes off as is you moaning and complaining about how Nintendo isn't giving you your way and that Nintendo is not seeing what you think is "the right thing". I mean, I'm sorry if I'm not yelling at everyone else, because I know that it takes two to argue, but please, can we all just break up this RPG character discussion about whether or not Nintendo should add them that always ends up ending with "Well Nintendo added [blank] to this game, they can do it to this"?

watch him be unfazed by your paragraphs

I wish that we could have Koopa Kid in Mario Kart. I am not delusional like that Fawful guy is and am actually willing to accept that Koopa Kid has no chance though.

3D Player 2004 said:
I wish that we could have Koopa Kid in Mario Kart. I am not delusional like that Fawful guy is and am actually willing to accept that Koopa Kid has no chance though.
It seems Nintendo has replaced Koopa Kid with Bowser Jr. And maybe that is what will happen to Fawful, maybe some new RPG villain will take his spot. Didn't Fawful die anyways at the end of M&L3?

With Nintendo's random choice of new characters, maybe we will expect... Ugh.. Kersti, or maybe someone from the recent M&L game, Dream Team.

YoshiGo99 said:
3D Player 2004 said:
It seems Nintendo has replaced Koopa Kid with Bowser Jr. And maybe that is what will happen to Fawful, maybe some new RPG villain will take his spot. Didn't Fawful die anyways at the end of M&L3?

With Nintendo's random choice of new characters, maybe we will expect... Ugh.. Kersti, or maybe someone from the recent M&L game, Dream Team.
Fawful could just be revived. Maybe he could be a cyborg!

The Massif Bros. from Dream Team would be awesome.

Lumastar said:
I will say that Fawful is the most likely Mario RPG character to join Mario Kart 9.

If no chance in hell means anything.

Even though it may be true that Galaxy is more well-known than M&L, I'm sure Honey Queen as a standalone character was not as popular as Fawful before (or possibly even after) MK7. I'd even go so far as to say Dimentio probably has more fans.

That is to say, a character shouldn't be added because their GAME is popular, they should be added because the CHARACTER is popular. I love Galaxy but I still never play as Honey Queen because she's a shitty rep for it.

YoshiGo99 said:
3D Player 2004 said:
he could easily just come back from the dead via some explained reason

Even though it may be true that Galaxy is more well-known than M&L, I'm sure Honey Queen as a standalone character was not as popular as Fawful before (or possibly even after) MK7. I'd even go so far as to say Dimentio probably has more fans.

That is to say, a character shouldn't be added because their GAME is popular, they should be added because the CHARACTER is popular. I love Galaxy but I still never play as Honey Queen because she's a *bleep*ty rep for it.

I doubt popularity is the defining factor on who they decide should or shouldn't get in.

Honey Queen was cool addition because she is an original female heavyweight.
MK8 did even better by adding a metal female heavyweight.

Cirdec said:
Honey Queen was cool addition because she is an original female heavyweight.
MK8 did even better by adding a metal female heavyweight.
Even though I was against Honey Queen's addition, Honey Queen>>>>>>Pink Gold Peach any day of the week.

Back