Mario strategy game

MoonAge

King Bowser
Pronouns
She/her
I have a new idea for a Mario game. It's a strategy game where you control an army of Toads and battle Bowser's forces who are trying to invade the kingdom. What do you guys think?

Should be an RTS around Bowser and his army.

Baby Luigi said:
Yes, that would be awesome.

A Toad army would be useless no matter what you do: they'd all get turned into bricks or just run away screaming the second the opponent makes a move. The Koopa Troop, on the other hand, actually does stuff.

If a Bowser game happens, I could see it being something like this.

We would need a new villain, or maybe have an old one return, one who would antagonize Bowser. Perhaps Wart could lead the Subcon army; problem is most of those enemies are now Bowser's minions according to the official canon, such as Shy Guys, Snifits, etc. Of course I never played Mario 2 so I am not sure what other enemies there were.

Fawful maybe, but his army was just brainwashed Bowser minions too. Knowing Nintendo they'll just pull something out of their asses like maybe half of Bowser's army goes rogue and there's actually not a new villain. Which would suck because if Bowser became the sole protagonist in a game I would love to see another character as the villain.

My personal ideal story is that Fawful or perhaps Dimentio returned (and no it doesn't matter what happened to them before; Nintendo pulls stuff out of their asses all the time) and had an army of Fawfulized Bowser minions and those other enemies from BIS, or have Grodus come back with an X-Naut army, the Shroob army, or some enemies from SPM under Dimentio. Heck, throw in Dark Bowser's return with a Dark Koopa Troop. Give them all kingdoms for Bowser to invade, it would be cool.

I would much rather control Koopas, Hammer Bros and hopefully Koopatrols instead of useless Toads with strep throat.

Too Bad. Waluigi Time. said:

We would need a new villain, or maybe have an old one return, one who would antagonize Bowser. Perhaps Wart could lead the Subcon army; problem is most of those enemies are now Bowser's minions according to the official canon, such as Shy Guys, Snifits, etc. Of course I never played Mario 2 so I am not sure what other enemies there were.

Fawful maybe, but his army was just brainwashed Bowser minions too. Knowing Nintendo they'll just pull something out of their asses like maybe half of Bowser's army goes rogue and there's actually not a new villain. Which would suck because if Bowser became the sole protagonist in a game I would love to see another character as the villain.

My personal ideal story is that Fawful or perhaps Dimentio returned (and no it doesn't matter what happened to them before; Nintendo pulls stuff out of their asses all the time) and had an army of Fawfulized Bowser minions and those other enemies from BIS, or have Grodus come back with an X-Naut army, the Shroob army, or some enemies from SPM under Dimentio. Heck, throw in Dark Bowser's return with a Dark Koopa Troop. Give them all kingdoms for Bowser to invade, it would be cool.

I would much rather control Koopas, Hammer Bros and hopefully Koopatrols instead of useless Toads with strep throat.

You know what a better idea would be? Make Mario, Peach, etc the antagonists for once.

Baby Luigi said:

You know what a better idea would be? Make Mario, Peach, etc the antagonists for once.
As I said, Toads are worthless as an army, and I don't know what other mooks they could use. Yoshis maybe? That wouldn't feel right, a game where you have to beat up the usual protagonists. If Bowser becomes a protagonist it should be a chance to give lesser-known villains a chance to shine.

Then make up Toads specifically for this game. Use your creativity. Besides, we should also have Lumas, Piantas, Nokis, Gearmos, Whittles, etc. They are a lot of friendly NPCs to use and if there aren't enough, make some up.

Plus, it's been established that not all of the generic mooks we see are aligned with Bowser.

Baby Luigi said:
Except I would like Mario to control his army of Mini Marios.

Maᴙio said:
Baby Luigi said:
Except I would like Mario to control his army of Mini Marios.

Only in the next Mario vs Donkey Kong game

I'd vote Bowser vs. Wart, but y'know what would be even better? Bowser and the Koopas vs. King K. Rool and the Kremlings! Or maybe there could be multiple rival armies that Bowser would have to take out, each one harder than the one before it. Then you'd get those two, a ghost army led by King Boo, perhaps, plus a Sarasaland army with all those weird SML species, led by Tatanga on commission from Daisy or something, and Wario and Waluigi could be fit into the game as hired guns for someone else, too. Then it'd culminate in facing Mario and an army of protagonist species - and losing, with the challenge being simply to last as long as you can against the impossible foe.

Anything's better than an army of Toads.

I can't imagine a more lopsided conflict. No one would want to use Toads in their army because they would be the weakest conflict by far.

It will make the ending where you're totally dominated by Mario's Toad army all the more surprising.

Maybe Waluigi could have his chance as a main villain in Bowser's game.

Back