Hated musical artists that you don't hate

Occasionally Returns

Fluffy boi(or possibly gurl?)
This was years back.

I don't have anything against Avenged, Green Day or Nickelback.

people who say they dont like the new metallica are usually just those 'new music is bad!! yeah listen to older music!!!!!' people. i personally liked the Death Magnetic album

kinda like one direction tbh

Most of the negative things I've heard about Lady Gaga were "lol lady gaga is a man" comments.

Even though I don't like her music, Nicki Minaj has said some really neat stuff about feminism and women issues (the whole 'when a man is assertive he is a boss and when a woman is assertive she is a bitch' thing) , which means I give her some respect for that.

Also, Hollywood Undead. Sure they have some cheesy stuff(especially in their older stuff), but some of their songs have good meaning, their beats are awesome, I usually never see much wrong with the vocals(Except he chorus in "Levitate" sounded kinda rough to me.), and they appeal to scene kids/emo kids.
Wolverine said:
people who say they dont like the new metallica are usually just those 'new music is bad!! yeah listen to older music!!!!!' people. i personally liked the Death Magnetic album

kinda like one direction tbh
The Death Magnetic album is how I got introduced to Metallica. I can understand the One Direction thing. Sure, they're your typical pop boy band and "Story of My Life" is overplayed but I don't really have much against them or that song.

Lario said:
I liked Rebecca Black's Friday.
I think it's a good song too, especially when you realize how deep it is.

/b/ said:
The song is about the JFK assassination. The driver of the car was named Samuel Kickin (Kickin' in the front seat, sittin' in the back seat). The assassination occurred on a Friday and when he got shot the Secret Service told Jackie Kennedy to "get down" (gotta get down on Friday). Parts of the Cold War are in it too and the spread of Communism (everybody's Russian) and also in the morning JFK declined a breakfast of sausage, eggs and toast for Brand Flakes (gotta have my cereal). Also the following morning JFK was supposed to sign a bill to provide public transportation for all schools (Gotta check my bus).

Atomic Heart Mother is one of my favorite Pink Floyd music, although the artists and critics don't like it too much. Sure, it's a little over 20 minutes long, but it's a musical journey with its own movements, and it has a lot of surreality to it, especially when you hear the choir. I think it's one of those songs that sound better when you listen to it the second time.

People also say Virtual XI is the worst Iron Maiden album, but it's not that bad. I particularly like The Angel and the Gambler, which is harped for repetitive lyrics. It, however, makes it up for varied musical notes, making it catchy and I like the unconventional keyboard notes in it. I usually disregard the lyrics in the song, judging the song mainly by its melody and notes, which is why I probably find a lot of pop songs boring.

Maᴙio said:
Atomic Heart Mother is one of my favorite Pink Floyd music, although the artists and critics don't like it too much. Sure, it's a little over 20 minutes long, but it's a musical journey with its own movements, and it has a lot of surreality to it, especially when you hear the choir. I think it's one of those songs that sound better when you listen to it the second time.

People also say Virtual XI is the worst Iron Maiden album, but it's not that bad. I particularly like The Angel and the Gambler, which is harped for repetitive lyrics. It, however, makes it up for varied musical notes, making it catchy and I like the unconventional keyboard notes in it. I usually disregard the lyrics in the song, judging the song mainly by its melody and notes, which is why I probably find a lot of pop songs boring.

I usually don't give two ----s about what music critics have to say and I just use my own judgement whether I like a song and would listen to again rather than whatever they spew out.

BVB Guy said:
Another hated musical artist would be Soulja Boi. I can see why they're so hated, but I like them much more than this new era. I used to like their song "Crank Dat" back when it was cool.
*cringe* it's that same song those punks at middle school talk about

Baby Luigi said:
Maᴙio said:

I usually don't give two ----s about what music critics have to say and I just use my own judgement whether I like a song and would listen to again rather than whatever they spew out.
Did you ever listen to those two songs?

I like most Iron Maiden songs but I have yet to listen to Pink Floyd. But 20 minutes a song? Gee that's a long one.

Baby Luigi said:
I like most Iron Maiden songs but I have yet to listen to Pink Floyd. But 20 minutes a song? Gee that's a long one.
Out of all Pink Floyd songs I have, Atom Heart Mother is the longest, but some songs, like "Dogs", do go well over the 10 minute mark. When I first listened to it, it wasn't love at first sight, but I thought it was interesting enough to have another listen through, and it turned out that I liked it. I was a bit bummed how the original artists aren't too fond of the song or its album (even though the album has a photograph of a cow, lol).

BVB Guy said:
Baby Luigi said:
Check out "Another Brick in the Wall" because that's a good song. I also like me some Maiden.
That's from "The Wall", right? I've heard a lot of good things from it.

Maᴙio said:
BVB Guy said:
Baby Luigi said:
Check out "Another Brick in the Wall" because that's a good song. I also like me some Maiden.
Listen to 'Wish You Were Here' by PF...also never heard Iron Maiden get bashed before

Wolverine said:
Maᴙio said:
BVB Guy said:
Baby Luigi said:
Listen to 'Wish You Were Here' by PF...also never heard Iron Maiden get bashed before
Yeah, only people who aren't metal fans dislike Iron Maiden.

BVB Guy said:
Wolverine said:
Maᴙio said:
BVB Guy said:
Baby Luigi said:
Yeah, only people who aren't metal fans dislike Iron Maiden.

i like metal but dont really care about iron maiden. nothing really against them, just meh.

I thought that Kidz Bop cover of Macklemore's Thrift Shop was a massive improvement over the original.

Per Lario.
"I'm gonna rock some tags"
Rock some tags? You're supposed to pop them off, dumbasses.
"Only got $20 in my pocket"
Um, when I was a kid, $20 was a lot to me.

I'll do the rest later.

apparently post californication chili peppers get a lot of hate

i don't get it at all

by the way was a beautiful album, stadium arcadium was great (albeit with a good bit of filler that was cool at first but got old quick), and even though i'm with you was pretty disappointing, monarchy of roses, raindance maggie, and brendan's death song were all pretty great

Doctor Walter Bishop said:
apparently post californication chili peppers get a lot of hate

i don't get it at all

by the way was a beautiful album, stadium arcadium was great (albeit with a good bit of filler that was cool at first but got old quick), and even though i'm with you was pretty disappointing, monarchy of roses, raindance maggie, and brendan's death song were all pretty great
I guess alternative rock that funky isn't very popular. I don't get the hate, I'm listening to one of their first songs ever from their self-titled album.

Back