Critically panned movies that you like

Specific Neptune

how're you doin'
Pronouns
Any
In contrast to Magikrazy's topic, are there any movies you like that critics generally dislike?

Man of Steel, Oz the Great and Powerful, and I, Robot are all movies that fall under this category for me.

Cars was the worst Pixar film pre Cars 2...but it's one of my favorite Pixar movies actually. I dunno, I think it's just because I like cars.

none. i agree with critics 100%

just kidding, but i think i've avoided seeing critically panned movies, so i can't say.

I actually like Halloween 4. Now, I'm not gonna call it a good movie, but it's enjoyable. While the first two are really the only quality films in the series, this one was enjoyable.

5 and 6 can go rot in hell though.

Oz the Great and Powerful, Super Mario Bros., The Last Airbender, and probably the Child's Play/Chucky series.

I'm just wondering: are people listing bad movies here genuinely like them or that they like them because they're so bad they're funny?

If it's in the latter category, I'd list Birdemic, The Room, Manos, and Plan 9 From Outer Space here.

I can't speak for anyone else, obviously, but those I listed, I like, some more than others.

Space Jam is and forever will be the greatest piece of artwork ever made.

I sorta liked Space Jam too....but I think it's because of nostalgia

Mario4Ever said:
Oz the Great and Powerful, Super Mario Bros., The Last Airbender, and probably the Child's Play/Chucky series.
. Wait, what did you like about The Last Airbender?

No-Face said:
Mario4Ever said:
At least the effects were decent.

Mariofan169 said:
No-Face said:
Mario4Ever said:
Funny, that whole conversation applied to that movie. Maybe the writers could see the future or something.

The Rifftrax and Nostalgia Critic's review was the few good things to come out of The Last Airbender

Oh *bleep* yes, that NC episode was awesome.

Vommack said:
Mariofan169 said:
No-Face said:
Mario4Ever said:
Funny, that whole conversation applied to that movie. Maybe the writers could see the future or something.
The creators said that the writers were thinking of the movie, which was upcoming at the time, when writing that scene. That was from the DVD commentary, BTW.

I find both A Troll in Central Park and Tom & Jerry: The Movie to be underrated gems. I can see why some hate them but they were a very nostalgic part of my childhood and I love them for it.

Also to a lesser extent the Super Mario Bros. movie. Only seen it once and it wasn't long enough ago to make it nostalgic, but still enjoyed it more than most people seem to.

smb is enjoyable to watch just because of how ridiculous it is but to say it's a good movie would be stretching it a lot

I enjoyed the Jim Carrey Grinch movie and I watch it every year around Christmas.

I realize the story isn't the best but Carrey's humor is hilarious (I prefer it to Will Farrell's Elf, honestly).

Back