Critically panned movies that you like

Super Mario Bros. is enjoyable. Just for all the wrong reasons.

No-Face said:
Mario4Ever said:
Oz the Great and Powerful, Super Mario Bros., The Last Airbender, and probably the Child's Play/Chucky series.
. Wait, what did you like about The Last Airbender?

The effects themselves, Iroh firebending properly, and the inclusion of Azula in the ending.

Viridi said:
I enjoyed the Jim Carrey Grinch movie

I forgot about that one.

For me, at least some parts of Ghostbusters II are enjoyable-most especially the soundtrack.

Mario4Ever said:
No-Face said:
Mario4Ever said:
Oz the Great and Powerful, Super Mario Bros., The Last Airbender, and probably the Child's Play/Chucky series.
. Wait, what did you like about The Last Airbender?

The effects themselves, Iroh firebending properly, and the inclusion of Azula in the ending.
the effects looked nice but the fact that no one seemed to actually like, get wet or burnt or anything kinda ruins it

and i don't think that'd be enough to make a movie enjoyable

I thought it had great comedic value, too.

Honey we Shrunk Ourselves
Rush Hour 3
The Notebook
The Grinch
The Great Gatsby (2013 version)
Contraband
True Crime
Godfather 3
Anger Management
Click
Home Alone 2
Flubber
Wild Hogs
Tommy Boy
The Cable Guy
Ace Ventura 2
Cop Out
Due Date
The Soloist
We Own the Night
Pay it Forward
Fun With Dick and Jane remake

Blissey said:
Thomas and the Magic Railroad and Home on the Range spring to mind.
Haven't watched Thomas since I was kid, but Home on the Range is film I like.

Loved Thomas as a kid. I think I had the DVD of Magic Railroad but I broke it. :'( Still remember it though.

Sylveon said:
Yui Hirasawa said:
Space Jam is and forever will be the greatest piece of artwork ever made.
oh fuck yeah i LOVE space jam so much

Walkazo said:
Super Mario Bros.

Love that film.

watched it here the first time i watched it. it was in the marioboards movie day topic. loved it.

Rita and Runt said:
For me, at least some parts of Ghostbusters II are enjoyable-most especially the soundtrack.
ghostbusters 2 was great all around what are you talking about

supermariofan said:
Honey we Shrunk Ourselves
Rush Hour 3
The Great Gatsby (2013 version)
Contraband
Godfather 3
Home Alone 2
Flubber
The Cable Guy
Ace Ventura 2
Cop Out

condensed the list to the ones ive seen and liked

also i've heard a lot of people didn't like The Dukes of Hazzard, but I enjoyed it

so i recently found out that The Monuments Men is a critically panned movie, which begs the question: why? it's was pretty damn good, i'm really quite confused as to why tbh

from what i'm reading on rotten tomatoes, the consensus is that it's slow, has an uneven tone, and has boring characters

So far, Super Mario Bros movie, and The Star Wars Prequel Triolgy. (Though it flawed, I like some aspects. But is it cheating that it's what fans hate rather than critics?)

sup

here are a few i watched in like the past year that got pretty low scores but i thought they were at least not that bad:

Life of David Gale

Well I for one didn't see the plot twist at the end coming.

Also there's like one critic (probably multiple actually) who said that this film makes enemies of capital punishment look like jokes

while that is kinda true the movie has a point tho (which imo does not go in favor of either of the sides), and its a pretty good thriller too so it definatly didnt deserve all these low ratings

also kevin spacey rules like always

The Butterfly Effect

Not exactly sure what genre that movie is even supposed to be (horror/mystery/thriller?), but I really liked it's approach.

it was an interesting watch, it reminded me a bit of Inception at points tbh, although that is still leagues better lol.

Also this movie wasnt exactly a flop either but critics didnt like it appearently

You may or may not like Ashton Kutcher but I'd say he did his job pretty well.

TBC MAYBE

Back